Heathrow

martinlest

Hi. I have the Aerosoft/Simwings Mega Heathrow 2008 and have noticed a couple of problems. Wonder if anyone can help?

Firstly, the main taxiway to and from Rwy 09L, (alongside gates 160-163 etc.), is nearly always gridlocked with aircraft trying to taxi along it in opposite directions. Nose to nose ... Other parts of the airport don't seem to have this problem, or at leeast far more rarely. My AFCAD is AF2_EGLL_Simwings.bgl 29/06/2008. Is there a problem with it - if so, is there a better one for this airport that will prevent the jam? (I sort of suspect that the problem arises from the fact that gates 160-164 are where the second taxiway should be (see equivalent taxiways for rwy 09R). I suppose I could edit the AFCAD myself if there isn't another one available for this version of EGLL? Though I also suppose gates 160-164 are where they are in the real EGLL?

Also, after I land, (I am not sure now if this is every time or just 'often') the ATC taxi options as I exit the runway are only shown as Taxi to Gate. If I am in a cargo a/c I want to go to a cargo parking bay - but that option is not there. The cargo areas are in the AFCAD and if I go to one of the cargo gates anyway, they are usually empty. So why no option in ATC?

I have opened the AFCAD in AFCAD2 and used the fault finder tool - it doesn't find any.

Thanks,

Martin

post-591-095683100 1295127619_thumb.jpg

Oh, I should have experimented a bit more before posting here: when I choose to go to EGLL/Gate 164 in FS9, that puts me right in the middle of the taxiway in question, amid stuck 747s and A380s! So I removed the gates and repaired the taxiways in AFCAd2. Now when I go back to the same spot, all is clear..

If anyone has the same problem and is not sure how to fix it, post here and I can send the repaired file.

Still have the ATC parking problem though ...

Martin

I'll try - but does that affect what options come up in the FS9 ATC window?

M.

No, you have to assign the parking spot to another identification area in the parking definition in AFCAD2, use in stead of Gate; Parking or in case you want several parking areas N Parking or SE Parking.

Hello Martin,

The parking positions on the taxiway was mentioned quite some time back, it was actually like this at the time.

You could remove the offending parking spots and just join the taxlines up in the AFCAD Utility.

Hi, yes I did that and all is fine.

As for FS9 ATC directing a cargo plane to a PAX gate, the aircraft.cfg file already has this entry for every paint:

atc_parking_types=CARGO, RAMP, MIL_CARGO

But at EGLL I am usually directed to a passenger gate. Any way to rectify this?

M.

Sorry SQ024 I didn't see your reply earlier..

The AFCAD has parking areas designated 'Ramp Cargo', (Gates 607-616), and the aircraft.cfg file has the atc parking type entries as I posted above. But ATC on arrival at EGLL still only offers 'Taxi to Gate' (i.e. PAX). Is there anything more I can do?

Thanks,

M.

Sorry SQ024 I didn't see your reply earlier..

The AFCAD has parking areas designated 'Ramp Cargo', (Gates 607-616), and the aircraft.cfg file has the atc parking type entries as I posted above. But ATC on arrival at EGLL still only offers 'Taxi to Gate' (i.e. PAX). Is there anything more I can do?

Thanks,

M.

that's not what I meant. Open your Afcad in Afcad2. Double click the parking spot you want to assign to a parking area in stead of a gate to open the parking definition. Change gate into parking (or N Parking, NE Parking, etc). See attached file where Gate 614 is changed in Parking 614. Taxi to parking (or North parking, NorthEast parking, etc) is now offered as option, draw back is that ATC clears you to taxi to parking without mentioning the position.

Rob

post-31728-073502000 1295304632_thumb.jp

Yes, of course - I was asleep. Done! I have Aerosoft's AES at this airport - not sure how it will work if ATC doesn't tell me which position I'm to go to, but better than being sent to a passenger gate.

Thanks.

M.