VRS TacPack and Aerosoft Products

Ishigami

I don't know if it is already known but see for yourself: Virtual Reality Simulation TacPack

Aerosoft got some military products for FSX in its portfolio like the F-16 Falcon or the upcoming F-14A Tomcat.

I would like to ask if Aerosoft is going to consider upgrading their military products with TacPack via the SDK or does Aerosoft have their own system planned?

I believe adding simulated weapon systems to military products increases product value by a great deal. It adds so much to the simulation that an military aircraft without it feels hollow or shallow.

Now I hope I'm not disrespectful, in fact I believe Aerosoft did all the could e.g. with the F1-6 at that time but time moved on and e.g. the Tomcat will be available long after the TacPack.

And I believe there are still people hoping you might consider another update for your F-16. Would be a great opportunity I guess.

Well the ball is you court now I guess.

• Upvote 1

I believe you will find that Aerosoft has this belief to that Microsoft Flight Simulator is just that, not a fight simulator ;)

I agree with you there, until now...

I liked the weapons in the Superbug, but just for the visuals.

But if VRS can really do what they claim to be able to do with the TacPack (and I have no reason to believe otherwise, especially seeing the video),

that opinion of mine may change...

Of course, real FIGHT simulation should stay in the appropriate Combat sims, but this may make military aircraft (especially fighters and bombers) suddenly a lot more relevant in FSX.

That's just my opinion of course...

• Upvote 1

Mr. Shaun Fletcher,

...Fighting is best done in Combat Flight Simulator, but you never know.

While I understand that these statements were not directed to everyone else (or me in particular)....

Could you, kindly, clarify by what you mean by the above stated? It seems like you are saying NO and possibly YES at the same time; so, I'm a *little* confused by your words.:unsure:

Thank you.:)

PS: I want it in the Aerosoft F-16X, and upcoming Huey, OV-10, A-10C & F-14A.:wub:

• Upvote 1

I also hope to see Aerosoft will include it, F16 isn´t the funny if you know you could intercept and shoot planes technically in FSX but Aerosoft doesn´t want weapons^^. I think a poll would be good, would you like weapons for example as a payware addon yes or no. I hope Aerosoft will include it otherwise im afraid some users will change over to other developpers including weapons. This is bringing new possiblieties for multiplayer and improves the role of fighter jets in FSX. It´s a great chance which should be taken, at least i would be happy if you could give the customers a chance of adding it or not. Weapons system is a must now that it works. Just look at the preview vid. i mean this F18 shooting targets is just nice and the weapons make this plane even more sexy :wub:.

Greets Alex

• Upvote 1

I think a poll would be good, would you like weapons for example as a payware addon yes or no

Why do you need a poll? If you want a "weaponized" FSX then get the VRS addon.

In my opinion it is not practical for Aerosoft to retrofit their F-16 (or any other ac) to a level where it could handle modern weapons systems (guided or otherwise) in any meaningful way. Not to mention the complex radar modes needed to use them. The VRS Superbug and the Aerosoft F-16 are totally different beasts in this respect. I am not saying that Aerosoft could not do it for FSX, just that they will most likely never choose to. The market for it is way too small.

Having said that I for one would LOVE to have the ability to practice bombing runs (with explosions, smoke, visible damage models, incoming flak perhaps etc) out in the desert somewhere in the Razorback or B-17. But I fear that until AFS2013 comes out and someone develops such a module for it we seem to be all out of luck...

• Upvote 1

Having said that I for one would LOVE to have the ability to practice bombing runs (with explosions, smoke, visible damage models, incoming flak perhaps etc) out in the desert somewhere in the Razorback or B-17. But I fear that until AFS2013 comes out and someone develops such a module for it we seem to be all out of luck...

That looks to be exactly what VRS TacPack seems to be promising to deliver in the not too distant future.

• Upvote 1

Hm, in the VRS TacPack description it´s mentioned there will be an SDK later, which is allowing to use the weapons on other Fighter Jets. Maybe there will be a weaponized F16. Let´s wait until it´s released and then we see what´s coming. Im quite sure there will be a lot of jets using this technology in the future, at least if it works:lol:. I hope you can select your aircraft not to be hit in online sessions, just imagine some F18 on IVAO or VATSIM targeting the wrong aircraft. And wush the747 in short final is landing a little bit too early xD

Edit: Maybe the SDK allows to use more simple weapon systems in fighters which aren´t equipped fully, just like the F16.

• Upvote 1

Mr. Shaun Fletcher,

While I understand that these statements were not directed to everyone else (or me in particular)....

Could you, kindly, clarify by what you mean by the above stated? It seems like you are saying NO and possibly YES at the same time; so, I'm a *little* confused by your words.:unsure:

Thank you.:)

PS: I want it in the Aerosoft F-16X, and upcoming Huey, OV-10, A-10C & F-14A.:wub:

Hello James,

One never knows they may change there minds in the future but you never know ;)

@alex: As I understand it the Drop-In-System is for aircrafts that won't support the TacPack via the SDK. So even if Aerosoft chooses not to upgrade their F16 you can still have weapon systems via the Drop-In but on the down side it will be rather generic and simplified.

The SDK is only available to developers like Aerosoft or A2ASimulation to implement the weapon systems realistically into the systems of the aircraft.

@Mr. Fletcher: Thanks for your reply.

I guess the only thing I can do is to stress that it is not only about “real” combat engagement but also exercise.

There some nice sceneries out there like NAS Fallon including bombing ranges and like I said I think it adds a lot to the aircraft when I'm not only be able to do a bombing run completely based on instruments but also have the chance to visually confirm that I scored a hit or missed the target.

In the end its up to you guys I just wanted to say that this would add lot of value to military products.

• Upvote 1