The Weekly Challenge Thread Updated for 12/02/11

Matt_Smith

Every Wednesday there we be an aviation challange to be completed online. The first one, which will be posted early tomorrow morning (dont want to give you too much notice lol) will be a relatively simple task to complete and hopefully fun. Any suggestions for challanges will be most welcome.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday 12 Jan's challengeis to navigate to the north east edge of Munchen Lat:48.21 Long:11.15 do a touch and go. Then fly 178 deg mag for 29 nautical miles. Do a touch and go at this location before returning to Andras Field.

A brief clue: For this navigational challenge you will want to use and anphibian or seaplane ;)

Wednesday 12 Jan's challengeis to navigate to the north east edge of Munchen Lat:48.2146077368388 Long:11.7361450195313 do a touch and go. Then fly 178 deg mag for 29 nautical miles. Do a touch and go at this location before returning to Andras Field.

A brief clue: For this navigational challenge you will want to use and anphibian or seaplane ;)

Great Matt. This is certainly one I´ll be doing. Ill post some pics tonight.smile.gif

The usual times for onlive fun and frollics 1900 UTC onwards ;)

But Matt. Are we to fly this challenge together? or individually? If the latter, then how do we document it? it will be pizz dark as usual at these hours (Oh come July ye Might) so screens will be hard to see anything exciting on. sad.gif

I put my faith to a united flight, and Ill tail you all the way Matt - claiming excellent navigation skills afterwards - lol. (I only hope you dont lead me astray... blink.gif )

But Matt. Are we to fly this challenge together? or individually? If the latter, then how do we document it? it will be pizz dark as usual at these hours

One way to go is to have everyone set their clock to 12:00, therefore, all will have the same weather etcetera. Just a thought.

One way to go is to have everyone set their clock to 12:00, therefore, all will have the same weather etcetera. Just a thought.

Yea a good idea, but I think there might be a build in option in the online service that does not allow to change from real time.... Im actually not quite sure about this, but I think so. If NOT, then its an excellent idea so we do not always have to fly in the dark.

Cool well done Tobus, look forward to seeing the pics. Pissed I couldn't join you, damn computers. Now in the process of a fresh windows install :mad:

Looks like my weekend will be spent installing FSX and addons again!

Did it (I think). Will post some shots tomorrow.

Failure.... Could not get the online thing to work. After I changed the wireless router, All the ports I once opened (with Help from Craig) was closed again, and no way I could remember how to do it. Ill need some help tomorrow to do that. :wacko:

Lets re-do this one next week Please Matt. :o

Must be doing something wrong trees trees and more trees at 1st point

Got it I think:D

Chompski,

mind that the original coordinates are incorrect.

Wednesday 12 Jan's challengeis to navigate to the north east edge of Munchen Lat:48.21 Long:11.15 do a touch and go. Then fly 178 deg mag for 29 nautical miles. Do a touch and go at this location before returning to Andras Field. A brief clue: For this navigational challenge you will want to use and anphibian or seaplane ;)

Lat 48.21 is a bit too northly, 47.55 is safer landing-wise. But the original Lon 11.73 is impossible (every degree has 60 minutes, so .73 is not a valid longitude).

Matt corrected the Longitude in this thread after we spoke last night on TS.

Yes lets! Tobus Please save your pics until next week if you wouldnt mind, we dont want to give too much away to everyone ;)

OK, will do. Hope your get your system woes worked out. It was a shame I was the only one online last night, navigating my BushHawk XP around....

I made screenshots and a screendump of the in-FSX Flight Analysis, showing my route.

I didn't hit the first spot exactly because of low cloud cover and sail boats in my projected landing route. Apparently, there is a marina very close to that point, so had to go around blink.gif.

I hope I can join again next week (winter is coming back next week, so my RL job will also get busier again), maybe I'll take the Catalina then for added difficulty.

• 3 weeks later...

This weeks wednesday challenge:

Choose your favourite aircraft, and fly to grid: N47° 23.12' E9° 42.03' Now head off to N47° 51.53' E10° 00.87' Finally from our last grid ref fly a heading of 110° and tell me what landmark you come across.

Screen shots of you flight can go in this thread

I flew the challenge but didn't see the landmark on the final leg - visibility was lousy so quite possible I missed it. A clue as to how far from the second waypoint would be nice - then you know at what point to give up and admit you've missed it! Pics in the screenshot thread as soon as I can get them done.

Edit: can't get onto Photobucket so the pics will have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Righty ho then, this week's challenge which will run until next weekend. Hope your all ready for this...

Depart from everyone's favourite airport and fly to N47°44.10' E11°14.97'. From this position fly the 192 radial of the EUR VOR for 51 nautical miles. Then turn left heading 146°, after 30 nautical miles on that heading what are we overhead? From here fly to N46°32.07' E9°53.03'. What are you overhead? Now fly a heading of 001° for 65 nautical miles, then turn a heading of 090°. What navaid does this final heading put you on?

Assuming the semi circular rule what altitude should you be flying for the second and penultimate legs?

Good luck and I hope you radio nav is up to scratch, it should keep you busy for a good hour or so :lol: