andras field slowly abandoned?

Maybe it is just me, but I believe that there are less and less activities around the andreas field... for example:

- less updates

- less sold plots

- less forum activity

- my being less around all of it

It started so promising... Is Andras Field now slowly being abandoned? Also by the developers?

Martin Pampiermole

Most definately not. Theres still plenty of work being done behind the scenes.

Would be beneficial for the folk that own the scenery - not just plots - to be kept informed and updated wouldn't you think?

Haven't looked in a while but I would put my last dollar on Emma Field being more upto date than we are here!!

Lot more to say on this but, boat's been rocked enough of late. Thought it would be more rip roaring than what it has been of late.....

Seen more life in a dying rabbit!!!!!!

Would be beneficial for the folk that own the scenery - not just plots - to be kept informed and updated wouldn't you think?

Haven't looked in a while but I would put my last dollar on Emma Field being more upto date than we are here!!

Lot more to say on this but, boat's been rocked enough of late. Thought it would be more rip roaring than what it has been of late.....

Seen more life in a dying rabbit!!!!!!

Oh that positive tone again James.... Always brings a smile on my face.. :wacko:

Or course one could also consider to contribute with something positive instead. In the end all our responses might make a difference - and its up to us whether this difference should be good or bad. :excl:

Good to hear Matt, because it's way too quiet and the VAE server is way too empty, opting me to NOT start Squawkwin.

Tobus - yes Things have been very slow, agreed, but as Matt said, there are things in the ladle, and it will be published the minute its ready. :)

I too have been busy over xmas and new year but intend return tonight and every night thereafter

Great hawjets. Every person who wants to contribute with presence and a positive comment, can make all the difference, as said above. Thanks. ;)

Ole, I've read your statement a few month ago. I believe that your comments were absolutly true and this is one of the reasons why I started this topic. Maybe your departure was the biggest argument I could think of. It's sad that you had to come to the conclusion you wouldn't go on with your outstanding work.

Oh that positive tone again James.... Always brings a smile on my face.. :wacko:

Yes, happens to us all at some stage eh! Was a bit peeved off at the time so will take on board and remember what I told you a bit back. Read the posts, think things through, then respond.

Or course one could also consider to contribute with something positive instead.

True, but a bit busy with things at present. Had problems with Win7 so had to trash my pc and start all over again. Just got FSX reinstalled and now adding all my add-ons.

Yes, happens to us all at some stage eh! Was a bit peeved off at the time so will take on board and remember what I told you a bit back. Read the posts, think things through, then respond.

You are not seriously calling your response with dying rabbits and all, positive - are you James?

True, but a bit busy with things at present. Had problems with Win7 so had to trash my pc and start all over again. Just got FSX reinstalled and now adding all my add-ons.

Well if you are too busy making positive comments, then perhaps you should not make comments at all. I think Andras Field would benefit from that. Remember, think things through - THEN post. Like the post you did just before new years eve about the heli plots, and which I assume you edited when you sobered up. So listen to your own advice and think things through before posting. That is of course if you care for Andras Field, like I do.

Cheer up mate and have a virtual beer on me. :P - and just for the record - I agree with you that we need to have heliplots up for sale.

Ole, I've read your statement a few month ago. I believe that your comments were absolutly true and this is one of the reasons why I started this topic. Maybe your departure was the biggest argument I could think of. It's sad that you had to come to the conclusion you wouldn't go on with your outstanding work.

Thanks a lot Martin. I appreciate that very much. ;)

Might I suggest you dropping your pants, getting a ruler and settling things once and for all? wink.gif

No offence guys, but the list of threads which start as community questions turning into slugfests between individuals is getting longer and longer.

This, in itself, is not beneficial at all to what we all would like to see happening at Andras Field: joint and mutual flying instead of individual poo throwing.

• Upvote 1

Might I suggest you dropping your pants, getting a ruler and settling things once and for all? wink.gif

No offence guys, but the list of threads which start as community questions turning into slugfests between individuals is getting longer and longer.

This, in itself, is not beneficial at all to what we all would like to see happening at Andras Field: joint and mutual flying instead of individual poo throwing.

laugh.giflaugh.gif Excellent idea Tobus, except the pictures (and I guess it would have to be pics posted here) would surely not be beneficial to Andras Field either... ohmy.gif

But thanks for pointing out a way to go. I love it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif Excellent idea Tobus, except the pictures (and I guess it would have to be pics posted here) would surely not be beneficial to Andras Field either... ohmy.gif

But thanks for pointing out a way to go. I love it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Might I suggest a ruler with NM scale? That way, you can just compare flying distances from EAFS (in a straight line, not crooked tongue.gif )

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been active myself but new rig is ready. I am now travelling, but tomorrow night is for flying I hope. Bought extra copy of AF too a friend too. Heggem is eager too test it and has time too use it.

I can only talk for myself of course but the "positive" tone of the threads in the forums has held me away for a couple of months, and will keep me away for a couple more having read some recent threads.

A pity because I really believe that this has a chance of working. That is why I bought into Andras Field including my own plot.

Lucky for me I still have enough offline fun with it.

Oh well,

Will be back around April.

I wouldn't worry too much about the threads, Kasper. My experience shows that Aerosoft deploys a cleaning lady for the Andras Field threads and history, so if what kept you away did not disappear yet it might be gone soon and you can start clean from the beginning over and over again. It is easier to give another chance this way :rolleyes:

I can only talk for myself of course but the "positive" tone of the threads in the forums has held me away for a couple of months, and will keep me away for a couple more having read some recent threads.

A pity because I really believe that this has a chance of working. That is why I bought into Andras Field including my own plot.

Lucky for me I still have enough offline fun with it.

Oh well,

Will be back around April.

Obviosly you've read somthing you dont like.I agree the forums went a bit stale,witch also kept me away.But theres been a reshuffle recently with the board,witch seems to have put a stop to bitching.So things are looking up.

It still has a strong chance of working i think,but if you feel something is holding you back, then speak to 1 of the boeard members,they may be able to help you.I used to fly there every evening, Online with the other members,so i became aware of the regular users.Yet alot of the bitchin in the forums was by people that was never seen..seems strange. :huh:

But like i siad with the reshuffle things are definatly looking up..and im sure, like me, you'll start to miss the good laughs and fun we had..something that flying offline, alone, cant capture

I certainly am.

• Upvote 1