Idea for another kind of "lite" version

Hey there. It's just an idea.. but.. here's what's annoying me for years now: You leave an AES-airport, get your food aboard, your passengers, aircraft is cleaned.. you are cleared to start engines.. taxi out.. fly.. and land at one of those partly really (!) good freeware or other non-AES airports. You taxi to the ramp, set parking brakes.. well.. and flight has ended. No deboarding.

If the plane doesn't have airstairs (usually modern ones don't), for me this is a pretty unsatisfying end of a flight. If you had stairs.. passengers could deboard.. freight cars could unload the luggage, buses could carry home the passengers. I think all these animations and objects are all quite independend from the airport but are bound to the a/c settings. So if there was an AES version,where you could spend credits to assign this feature to a specific plane, you could fly anywhere and get some (not full) ground service. Things that are bound to the scenery like marshaller, follow me etc would not be supported (if not on an full AES airport). The only problem I can think of would be static jetways.. so you'd always have to choose a stand without the "finger".

What do you think?

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Yes, all the process not related to the structure of the airport, all aircraft oriented Processes, could be available everywhere. That's not the problem. As all this stuff runs in the scenery engine, you need a active scenery code to run the stuff, but there is no "global" Codebase for scenerycode in the FS. You only have regional codeframes, limited to an area about 20km around a Lat/Lon center.

I think already about possiblities to make a tool to generate this local scenery "Trigger" code, so that it is possible to make some features available for default or non "full" supported airports. But this need a littlebit more time to figure out how far we can go with the support there. Maybe we get such a feature in the future. :blush:

• Upvote 1