Panel interaction with AES ground support

w6kd

Hi Oliver;

Is it possible, or could it be possible to expose an LVar that a panel could read to determine the presence of the fuel truck? What I'd like to do with my (freeware) aircraft is add a gauge that re-fuels the jet according to a pilot-approved dispatch sheet when the AES fuel truck arrives. Even better, if there were another LVar that could be set by the panel to hold the truck there (until the refuel is complete) that would be wonderful. That way the truck appears via the normal AES request, the panel detects its presence and sets the "hold" var while the fuel upload occurs according to the dispatch sheet, and then the panel resets the hold var to 0 and the fuel truck can depart per normal.

Is that something you'd consider doing? I think that some exposed vars to determine state of certain AES events would provide some interesting development possibilities...for example, I could program the nosewheel to turn if I can detect that the tug is connected while turning during a pushback.

Cheers

Bob Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oliver;

Is it possible, or could it be possible to expose an LVar that a panel could read to determine the presence of the fuel truck? What I'd like to do with my (freeware) aircraft is add a gauge that re-fuels the jet according to a pilot-approved dispatch sheet when the AES fuel truck arrives. Even better, if there were another LVar that could be set by the panel to hold the truck there (until the refuel is complete) that would be wonderful. That way the truck appears via the normal AES request, the panel detects its presence and sets the "hold" var while the fuel upload occurs according to the dispatch sheet, and then the panel resets the hold var to 0 and the fuel truck can depart per normal.

Is that something you'd consider doing? I think that some exposed vars to determine state of certain AES events would provide some interesting development possibilities...for example, I could program the nosewheel to turn if I can detect that the tug is connected while turning during a pushback.

Cheers

Bob Scott

??

• Developer

As panel designer you have the luck, that Microsoft provides you a lot of info about the FS and his status. AES is running in the scnery engine, where you only get a very limited access to same data, but you have no chance to "write" anything. There are no variable available, where a status can be given.

The only way to "communicate" is via external interface, special designed for this, but those interfaces could be critical, when the internal processes of AES must be changed, because then also this interfaces are maybe effected. As some process internally in AES will change next time, such interfaces are not helpful at this moment.

As always, Oliver, you have T-O-N-S of good tech reasons ... :rolleyes:

But this desperate "kind of SOS" was another signal that the ever growing people of AES users really CAN'T WAIT to see AES taking some step forward, along the directions that you already pointed us to. :ph34r:

Are we still far, far away, from the day when we can see our planes filled by active fuel trucks ?

:clapping_s:

Looking forward to that happy day, oh happy day ... :band_s:

:beer3_s:

In the meanwhile, here we are, the AES-addict simmers

:grouprespect_s:

Good night, sir Oliver.