Disconnecting AP on Final

STexan

What is the prescribed sequence and methods for disconnecting AP on final to hand fly the remainder of an approach and landing?

I'm running AirbusX ver 1.22 When approaching Rwy 13 via checkerboard approach at old Hong Kong Kai Tak ... while in APP mode AP, (single mode) I "disconnect" AP by left clicking on the lit AP button, but I seem to have NO roll or pitch control of the aircraft, afterwards. (via the joystick)

So, I don't know if it's a buggy airplane or I'm doing something out of order or incorrectly

Well.. left click on a button is "on", right click is "off". It's written in the manual. ;)

Well, if I didn't know how to disconnect the AP, I would not be complaining about not regaining control ... [i meant right click in my original post] I am disconnecting, the light is going off, but once disconnected, any amount of input with the joystick has little to no affect on aircraft attitude.

Well, if I didn't know how to disconnect the AP, I would not be complaining about not regaining control ... [i meant right click in my original post] I am disconnecting, the light is going off, but once disconnected, any amount of input with the joystick has little to no affect on aircraft attitude.

Try to press the button longer, around 2 seconds.

Aside from the the obvious (right click the AP button), moving the stick will disconnect the AP as well. How does your controller feel when flying the Airbus by hand?

My AirbusX flies good by hand until such time as I've been flying on AP, then dis-engage AP (such as at the end of an APP guided approach) I've tried the moving the stick past the safety threshold and all that happened was it immediately rolled way to far and crashed into the homes of a few hundred Chinamen who were unfortunate enough to live under the final turning approach to rwy 13

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

remember that airbus flying and crashing in to the trees in france, the pilot was thinking he was flying a boeing.

Sorry, but as a pilot I can not leave this statement as it stands here. Read this article before you write something like that. You just cannot write something without the required background. It is much more complex than it might seem.

(and mistook fly-by-wire as a fully automated system)

ok but i reminds mé on that.

joystick input on boeing controlls the moving parts

airbus controls the attitude bar on the attitude indicator and the bank angle in degrees

the horizontal bar moves up or down and stays at the position when center joystick , how higher the airspeed or how highter the pitch allowed and max position are +8 to +30

the left and right positions of the joystick controlls the bank angle in degrees wich max bank depends on airspeed and lift . minimum 5 max 35 degrees. centering the joystick is 0 degrees of bank.

im not shure that airbus x does that?

it controlls the vertical speed indicator on the airbus x

and the trim stays at 0 while the fbw is controling the elevator.

on takoff i have wierd situations becose of that. i set trim for takeoff andthen just after takeoff the trim goes to 0 and like it says in the manual , no rudder input allowed an able in flight.

on landings with fbw off the trim goes suddenly to +24 percent or +3.5 position witch i dont understand why. and at tuch down suddenly to 0. witch slams my nose down.

its all part of the airbus x and it takes a while before you can execute safe takeoffs and landings.

the clb on thrust euh it does not hold it airspeed for climbing, the vs lives its own life, yeah they want it to fly multiplayer with shared mode thats why.

but the plane itself is awsome.

i keep complaining while im actuly flying the plain every day,lol. the vc is a nice place to be on the airbus x. i hope they draw it further so whe can go to the bathroom and go further to the rear to say hello to the passengers.

its a hate and love relationship i have with the airbus x.lol

so the actual answer for this post is,

the trim stays at 0 while the fly by wire is controling the elevator.

thats why it cant pull up more and putting the joyststick back in the middle , watch your elevator it will stay at the up position.