Dangerous Airports 1 Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Hi,

We are indeed looking at the Mountain Air frames issue (especially), as well as a few other small things, for a 1.1 update for DA1 soonish.

Also, with the braking at Barra, we used a more slippy surface for the runway to simulate the effect of wet sand. It would be possible to put an optional user-activated 'dry sand' patch in 1.1 if people would like it.

Cheers,

Mat

• 4 weeks later...

Shaun,

I have really enjoyed Aerosoft products over the years. I just purchased Dangerous Airports 1 and having trouble getting past the "Activate" screen. I get the message: Undefined error!: Err-Id(0)I did download the latest launcher (Version 1.0.0.5)

I have .NET framework 3.5 SP1

I've tried with my firewall off

I've tried on my main PC (Win XP)

I've tried on my Win 7 gaming PC

I've looked as best I can in the support forums

Still same message: Undefined error!: Err-Id(0)

Purchased from Simmarket

I have sent an Email to your support with the key, but no reply yet

Have spent hours(days) trying to use this scenery

Thanks for your help,

Curtis Jarrett

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We are indeed looking at the Mountain Air frames issue (especially), as well as a few other small things, for a 1.1 update for DA1 soonish.

Also, with the braking at Barra, we used a more slippy surface for the runway to simulate the effect of wet sand. It would be possible to put an optional user-activated 'dry sand' patch in 1.1 if people would like it.

Cheers,

Mat

Hello!

Any news on v1.1 update?

Mladen

Afternoon Mladen,

The developer is at the moment in Africa for work. I think he will be back next month and then I expect an update for this project.

Good afternoon Mathijs,

Thank you for the info.

Mladen

• 2 weeks later...

This is my 2 issues!

1:At Barra, i cant brake.

2:When Dangerous Airports is active,at all other airports(fsx or addons) i have trees or mountains at runaways.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is my 2 issues!

1:At Barra, i cant brake.

2:When Dangerous Airports is active,at all other airports(fsx or addons) i have trees or mountains at runaways.

Hi Anonymous,

1. Braking at Barra is indeed tricky ;) : It is like driving and braking with a car on a road after heavy rain (aquaplaning). So you have to come down as slowly as possible, take the earliest touchdown point and then it will work. Due to the limitations of FSX it is not easy to simulate that very special type of runway. And to have the effect of water spray, the developer used something like icing/snowing condition and that makes the runway/beach slippy.

2. Haven't seen that so far. Try to place your DA scenery below all other sceneries in the library. Or do you have any other scenery that might conflict (orbx)? Can you show us a screenshot?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I bought this scenery early this morning, and I have just tried it out. I seem to be experiencing a couple of problems.

First of all, at Barra: There seems to be a glitch at the parking area and ATC where it seems to be floating above the default scenery, when i put the aicraft say, in the car park, it just falls down underneath the scenery onto the default.

Also it seems impossible to stop the aircraft at Barra even with full use of the brakes and even the parking brakes, it only stops naturally but by that time the aircraft has plowed into and destroyed 10 cars and ATC.

I havent noticed any issues at Matekane yet

At Mountain Air, when I initially spawn in, on the "Active Runway" it actually starts me off underneath the new scenery but then when i slew upwards it sticks onto the scenery. Also at the far end of the runway, next to the 32 print, parts of the default scenery, the hills, are cutting into the runway.

Please help me!

Thanks

Sammy

If you need any screenshots of the error then feel free to ask and I will go and get some.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, I bought this scenery early this morning, and I have just tried it out. I seem to be experiencing a couple of problems.

First of all, at Barra: There seems to be a glitch at the parking area and ATC where it seems to be floating above the default scenery, when i put the aicraft say, in the car park, it just falls down underneath the scenery onto the default.

Also it seems impossible to stop the aircraft at Barra even with full use of the brakes and even the parking brakes, it only stops naturally but by that time the aircraft has plowed into and destroyed 10 cars and ATC.

I havent noticed any issues at Matekane yet

At Mountain Air, when I initially spawn in, on the "Active Runway" it actually starts me off underneath the new scenery but then when i slew upwards it sticks onto the scenery. Also at the far end of the runway, next to the 32 print, parts of the default scenery, the hills, are cutting into the runway.

Please help me!

Thanks

Sammy

If you need any screenshots of the error then feel free to ask and I will go and get some.

Hi Sammy,

Barra:

There isn't any parking area, you just stay on the beach. Getting to stop is a bit tricky due to the special surface (wet sand), which can't be simulated realistic in FSX and so, also to show water spray, kind of icy surface has been used. So you have to get down at lowest possible speed at the very beginning of the runway, apply full brakes and use reverse thrust.

Mountain air: Can't confirm what you see, so I would suggest an installation problem, maybe wrong order in your library.

Hi Sammy,

Barra:

There isn't any parking area, you just stay on the beach. Getting to stop is a bit tricky due to the special surface (wet sand), which can't be simulated realistic in FSX and so, also to show water spray, kind of icy surface has been used. So you have to get down at lowest possible speed at the very beginning of the runway, apply full brakes and use reverse thrust.

Mountain air: Can't confirm what you see, so I would suggest an installation problem, maybe wrong order in your library.

Hi

thanks for the reply.

Ok im glad that the stopping distance is an added effect which actually makes it better! When i said parking area I mean the car park, when I go over the top of the car park in a car for example it just falls down to the default, but that isnt a major issue really, im going to try and install again to see if there was a fault with the installation.

thanks

sammy

I bought Dangerous Airports specifically for 2NC0. However, if that airport is enabled (in scenery settings), KCLT becomes covered in auto-gen buildings, and it's impossible to taxi. As soon as that airport is disabled, everything returns to normal. Is there a fix for this?

I bought Dangerous Airports specifically for 2NC0. However, if that airport is enabled (in scenery settings), KCLT becomes covered in auto-gen buildings, and it's impossible to taxi. As soon as that airport is disabled, everything returns to normal. Is there a fix for this?

Hello John,

The issue will be reported.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello John,

The issue will be reported.

Greets Shaun,

I splurged and picked up DA1, as I have a product for the state of North Carolina and wanted to see an enhanced Mountain Air - 2NC0. Also, if any of my work conflicted it would allow me to revise the mesh / terrain.

Installed and activated through the Launcher and started to check out the files, mindful of a couple of comments posted previously. Found the "Oops!" for the autogen issue at other airports, though I admit to taking a long look and asking myself "Huh?". The file to remove the default airport area for Mountain Air (cvxBURNSVILLE.bgl) came out a little wrong, it seems. And I chuckle as I write this. The (what should be smallish) polygon to trigger removing the old area has mutated to wreck havoc upon parts of the world I didn't even know existed. If the screen captures upload you will see the blue exclusion area, shown in one of the SDK tools. It's scope is better shown in Google Earth!

post-23899-0-97525600-1309904832.jpg

post-23899-0-92055900-1309904844.jpg

This should be a quick and easy fix and will restore about 200 airports in North Carolina back to their original state. How many are affected in Africa I can't say. If the designer had gone just a tad further north you'd be trying to figure out why Gibralter was messed up on some people's system...

Look forward to the correction soon?

Lance

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Lance, :goodjob_s:

if the developer didn't already find out what you did, I would vote for to give you at least one free product from the Aerosoft protfolio! ;)

You're asking whether somebody in Africa might be affected. Well, not Africa, but Aerosoft's MadeiraX scenery is affected by this and could only be resolved by lowering DA1 in the library

Somewhere, someone is sitting innocently at a stock airport wondering "Why are all these trees here?". :huh:

It'll take me about 30 seconds to fix the glitch shown by the pictures above. but I doubt Aerosoft wants fixes posted by third-parties.

There have been mentions of people starting underneath the runway and there's a reason for that. Mountain Air (2NC0) and Barra both have revised airport elevation files. These files are contained i the "Dummy" folders for each airport. The problem occurs when FSX reads an airport's elevation for the first time, it then cannot be changed. The installer for DA1 makes the "Dummy" folders and adds them to the Scenery Library, but if it does not position them so that the airport elevation file is read prior to the default APX file these revised files don't take effect. So any user sitting underneath the runway at Mountain Air or Barra needs to move the BurnsvilleDummy and BarraDummy layers to where they are third from the bottom of the Scenery Library in FSX. Yes, all the way to third from the bottom. Whoever wrote the manual should have mentioned this! And YES, I saw the credits in the manual... :lol:

One last issue I'm looking at in my quest to make Mountain Air an enjoyable experience is the dramatic fps hit caused by the two Windsock files. It's sad to see an i7 930 go from 46.5fps to 6.3fps when these two files are active. I *think* I know why this is happening, but I need to dig a little deeper to be sure.

This product, specifically Mountain Air, will make for a nice referral for those that have or may purchase my work for North Carolina. But it needs to be fixed first. Mr. Developer, are you out there??? :rolleyes:

Somewhere, someone is sitting innocently at a stock airport wondering "Why are all these trees here?". :huh:

It'll take me about 30 seconds to fix the glitch shown by the pictures above. but I doubt Aerosoft wants fixes posted by third-parties.

There have been mentions of people starting underneath the runway and there's a reason for that. Mountain Air (2NC0) and Barra both have revised airport elevation files. These files are contained i the "Dummy" folders for each airport. The problem occurs when FSX reads an airport's elevation for the first time, it then cannot be changed. The installer for DA1 makes the "Dummy" folders and adds them to the Scenery Library, but if it does not position them so that the airport elevation file is read prior to the default APX file these revised files don't take effect. So any user sitting underneath the runway at Mountain Air or Barra needs to move the BurnsvilleDummy and BarraDummy layers to where they are third from the bottom of the Scenery Library in FSX. Yes, all the way to third from the bottom. Whoever wrote the manual should have mentioned this! And YES, I saw the credits in the manual... :lol:

One last issue I'm looking at in my quest to make Mountain Air an enjoyable experience is the dramatic fps hit caused by the two Windsock files. It's sad to see an i7 930 go from 46.5fps to 6.3fps when these two files are active. I *think* I know why this is happening, but I need to dig a little deeper to be sure.

This product, specifically Mountain Air, will make for a nice referral for those that have or may purchase my work for North Carolina. But it needs to be fixed first. Mr. Developer, are you out there??? :rolleyes:

I don't seem to have the issue of starting below the runway for some reason, nor the FPS hit with windsocks (2600k i7 @ 4.5). But it's good to know in case it happens. I do have some weird dropping trees when the scenery first loads; very Matrix feeling.

What NC scenery are you working on? I hope it covers Asheville and the western NC mountains.

What NC scenery are you working on? I hope it covers Asheville and the western NC mountains.

If you would, can you start a flight at 7A8 and see if you have trees and a partially swallowed up runway? Because of the way the work appears, any affected airports go due east and southeast of Burnsville. I'll get a close up of NC which will show the areas impacted by the airport exclusion problem.

I'm also curious about performance, so I think I'll set up a saved flight and some instructions to see how the performance impact is for your system. On my i7 930 I went from 46.5 to 6.3 FPS adding the two windsock files. There's a small tinker with the FSX.cfg involved to show average FPS, but nothing too involved.

Maybe Otto can check things out also? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

If you would, can you start a flight at 7A8 and see if you have trees and a partially swallowed up runway? Because of the way the work appears, any affected airports go due east and southeast of Burnsville. I'll get a close up of NC which will show the areas impacted by the airport exclusion problem.

I'm also curious about performance, so I think I'll set up a saved flight and some instructions to see how the performance impact is for your system. On my i7 930 I went from 46.5 to 6.3 FPS adding the two windsock files. There's a small tinker with the FSX.cfg involved to show average FPS, but nothing too involved.

Maybe Otto can check things out also? ;)

Lance, I also have a glitch in fps from about 25-30 (locked) to soemthing around 10fps, but only for a few seconds. I'll hope I can do a testflight this, as I'm testing another scenery at the moment.

Hello John,

I'll contact Mat and see whats happening.

So what is happening? It's been almost a month since I reported this auto-gen issue, and it appears other forum member found the problem, which seems to be a quick fix.

So what is happening? It's been almost a month since I reported this auto-gen issue, and it appears other forum member found the problem, which seems to be a quick fix.

I have written to Mat again.