Dangerous Airports 1 Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

• Developer

Sorry about the wait - I wanted to fix the 2nc0 frames issue (caused by the trees) at the same time. The fix for both this and the autogen issue is just being tested at the moment, should be up very soon.

Thanks,

Mat

Hello pilotjohn and Meshman,

Could you both please contact me at support@aerosoft.com and mention this post as I would like you both to be the first to help me test the file.

Thanking you :)

• 7 months later...

I just got the scenery last night, and tried an IFR flight to Mountain Air... ATC was doing its thing with the right ALT. placements... then I flew right past it... and kept going... Then ATC went to lunch or something. Also, in the "Nearest Airports" list on the ATC communications list, Mountain Air doesn't show up. I haven't tried the other two airports yet, so don't know if this effects them yet. When I look up the airport in the Garmin (default, RealAir T Duke), it list the airport but the runway info and approach info is gone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mountain Air is a VFR only airport. There's nothing to get you setup for an approach to land. ATC might get you into the area, but from there you are on your own.

Ok. With it disabled, the 122.9 advisory frq. shows up again (in the menu), and ATC vectors me correctly to the active, asking to report runway in sight. I tried the "repair" feature in the installer, and I get the same thing. ATC can't find it, and the ATC menu drops the airports advisory freq. I guess the next step is to uninstall and try again? Anyone else have this hickup?

Thanks

Hello Hawk,

According to the last poster FSX is wrong in assisting you as it did in the default airport, so if thats correct then everything is as it should be with the scenery enabled.

First, an unistall and reinstall isn't going to do anything other than give you the same files that you have right now.

Second, I don't have the package installed right now, as three beta testing gigs and an upgrade from Win XP to Win7 have left me with a pretty bare FSX since the first of the year..

I'd need to look at the airport file to be certain, but feel pretty good about my "guessing" to comment. To accomplish the aspects of this airport and it's sloping (3d modeling) runway much of the default, SDK compliant aspects would have to be removed. I think the only start points are on the apron IIRC and there is no SDK structured runway components. That's why ATC can't direct you to the airport, because the (SDK based) airport isn't there. You can use ATC to get you to a nearby waypoint or fix, but from there it's all going to be visual. Pay close attention to the winds!

• 1 month later...

hello Folks,

Please only post issues with the scenery here.

Comments and suggestions on there own threads please.

How do i get the 1.0007 launcher when I have the updated one, without the earlier version the add-on does not work, please help.

How do i get the 1.0007 launcher when I have the updated one, without the earlier version the add-on does not work, please help.

You should use the latest version at all times, all the add-ons should stay registered when updating it.