High King - Wild Emperor

Bulau

Just a collection of HD video captures during our multiplayer session on 28 December, 2010

A 130km task at St. Johann in the Austrian Alps, with my brother and a friend.

WOW, you have some awesome frame rates...

Well, thanks, guys. FPS limiter is only set at 20, Scott, which is kind of minimal IMO. What are you getting for frame rates?

I cannot remember exactely what I've been getting in full screen (2 monitors), maybe 7-12 FPS but the view is incredible. To do videos I set it up as 1024x576 (16:9) window resized to 1280x720 for YouTube specs. When screen capturing I probably get 13-20 FPS maybe. I've been messing with some graphical settings through the years to get the best FPS out of my computer, but have yet to come up with a sure fired solution.

Scott

...To do videos I set it up as 1024x576 (16:9) window resized to 1280x720 for YouTube specs...

What is the native resolution of your monitor?

I assume you're using 1024x576 to get better frame rates.

1024x576 is just the FSX window size, and yes, it is definitely for more FPS. (not sure what I'd get otherwise, but it wouldn't be all that pleasing to watch as a video though). My native screen resolution is 2560x1024 across two basically square screens.

desktopshot.jpg

Let me do a test later tonight if I get to it, I think that may have used to be my default resolution when not at full screen. So, somewhere along the line I changed settings somewhere to do this. Thanks for suggesting that!

Scott

Okay, I did a lot of testing the last day and a half, and came up with these results...

Running everything except for screen capturing:

1280x720 - - - - > a strong 17 FPS but dipping to 12-13 at times

2560x1024 - - - > averaging about 7.5 FPS

Running everything and LivestreamProcaster (freeware screen capture), running AMD Fusion and setting affinities just right:

1280x720 - - - - > about 9-10 FPS but sometimes dipping to 3 or 4 at times

2560x1024 - - - > Did not take time to check

Running everything and Debut (freeware screen capture), running AMDFusion and setting affinities just right:

1280x720 - - - - > about 17 FPS but dipping to12-13 at times

2560x1024 - - - > about 7.5 FPS

I'm assuming I'd get a few more FPS if running AMD Fusion when I'm not screen capturing, but I guess I've just been satisfied with the FPS I get. I had forgotten I even had this graphics accelerator, so I'm glad you led me to do these tests.

Scott

Running everything and Debut (freeware screen capture), running AMDFusion and setting affinities just right:

1280x720 - - - - > about 17 FPS but dipping to12-13 at times

I don't know how this compares to your 1024x576 frame rates, but if you can capture 1280x720 at 17FPS and upload that to YT, I think the image quality would be quite noticably better. Worth a shot, I'd say.

Running everything and LivestreamProcaster (freeware screen capture), running AMD Fusion and setting affinities just right:

1280x720 - - - - > about 9-10 FPS but sometimes dipping to 3 or 4 at times

2560x1024 - - - > Did not take time to check

After testing things a little bit closer, the Livestream Procaster is only getting about 6-8 FPS. So, Debut is definitely the winner for me. Though I'm going to look at some other settings inside Procaster, to see if I had everything set right, because I want there to be the option of going live during a contest or funfly maybe in the future. With Procaster, you can broadcast things LIVE, so you can actually have an audience.

Scott