Shipyard V2.0 Issue

KyleD

Hi, I recently purchased your Seahawk package, instant download, for FSX, from fspilotshop.com. I really want to use Shipyard 2.0, but when I tried to install the program, my McAfee software found a trojan in it. The aircraft installed perfectly, but Shipyard did not. I would really like to use the Shipyard software, and am wondering if you can help me get it. I have already submitted a support ticket to fspilotshop.com, and am awaiting reply. I have a feeling they may just refer me here, and on top of that I think it would be best to try to get the software from the manufacturer. For proof of purchase, my order number from fspilotshop.com is Order #301699. Please let me know if you can help resolve this issue for me, thank you.

Kyle K

• Developer

I would say it different: Your McAfee reports a code sequence, which fits to his schema of a Trojaner.

My McAfee reports Trojaner Sequences in CaptainSim Gauges, which are clean and original.

Can you say, which Trojaner he want to have found? Maybe that helps the support to check this.

And, which McAfee Database version you have.

Maybe you also can give the size in Bytes of the installer EXE file, so that the support can compare it with the orginal files, if the size don't change, normally it should be clean.

• Aerosoft

We see these issues rather often. And almost always from McAfee. We tried to discuss this with them but they don't seem to mind the scare our customers. Rather upsetting.

For virus scanning we seriously advise Microsoft Security Essentials. It got a very light impact on your systems, got great reviews these days, we have yet to see a false positive and above all, it's free.

Well, I've tried to re-install with my antivirus software disabled, and it doesn't work properly. It goes from where you click begin installation straight to installation complete, with nothing changed, added, or installed. I believe I need to uninstall what I have first, but cannot find any uninstall utility on my computer. I've looked in the Start menu under "aerosoft", I've looked in the "aerosoft" folder in the FSX main folder, and in the aircraft's folder itself, and can't find it. So if it's hiding elsewhere please let me know so I can uninstall then reinstall the software. Thank you.