Auto Throttle moving to idle after take-off?!

xcltm3

This problem does not always occur but has several times now. Despite the fact that the Take-Off config checks out OK, I still from time to time get this problem.

I do not use FLEX (although even when I have this problem has occurred). With all systems checked OK prior to T/Off, I steadily increase thrust to TO/GA. Once Vr is obtained I pull gently to 10 degrees nose pitch up and begin the climb.

Even before reaching thrust reduced altitude, the auto throttle pulls back to idle and I cannot regain control and the aircraft stalls (even after adjusting pitch).

I don't believe it is my joystick/throttle (Wingman 3D Extreme) but would appreciate any insight.

Regards,

XCL

It seems there are massive problems with autothrust.. TOGA means TOGA, maximum thrust, but in the Airbus X it is modulated. Same for climb thrust.. Flex does not work out well, and when a Felx temp is being set, TOGA doesn't work anymore.

Well, for your problem, which I also had, I found the following solution: dial up the speed to 250kts, but leave it in auto mode. By default the value is around 140kts, which lead to a thrust reduction once airborne.

It seems there are massive problems with autothrust.. TOGA means TOGA, maximum thrust, but in the Airbus X it is modulated. Same for climb thrust.. Flex does not work out well, and when a Felx temp is being set, TOGA doesn't work anymore.

Well, for your problem, which I also had, I found the following solution: dial up the speed to 250kts, but leave it in auto mode. By default the value is around 140kts, which lead to a thrust reduction once airborne.

Thanks MatzeH84, I'll give this a try.

Rgds,

XCL