NEED HELP!! PIPER CHEYENNE BIG TROUBLE

wingclip

OK, where do I start?! I downloaded the Piper Cheyenne X and now each time I pick an add-on plane, (including the Piper), I get a dialog box that says the following: "Unable to open userwpt.txt".

Then I find that I no longer get any of the special effects regarding smoke or water spray. Instead it is all just semi-transparent square tinted boxes floating around. And then I find that each time I restart FSX the game disengages all my controls and makes me have to go in to "Controllers" and put a check mark in the 'Engage Controllers" box.(Please note that the Controller problem was fixed when I did the restore point).

I have tried a restore to a point before the piper was loaded, (way before), but it did not uninstall the plane or any of its folders. On top of all this, is the possibly biggest concern I have; the first time I downloaded the plane I noticed that it was not located in the simobjects or aerosoft folders. Then BEFORE running it, I went to the aerosoft site and downloaded the full update to version 4. I then went to the aerosoft and simobjects folders and still didn't find the plane. Yet the darned thing shows up in the FSX plane lineup when I go to choose an aircraft!

Now at this point I've found 2 locations that have to do with the aerosoft Piper Cheyenne PA31. One location is in the "Effects" folder. That is the location of a folder named "Textures" and in it are all the special Pa31 lights that I chose NOT to load when it asked me at the time I downloaded the plane. I don't think that folder has anything to do with the smoke.

The second location is in the "Digital Aviation" folder. Inside are 3 folders named as follows, (From top to bottom); DB, Nav Data, and PA31 Cheyenne.

I found a notepad document file, (in the PA31 Cheyenne folder), that is named "userwpt" and when I opened that it had only this one line of info: ALOHA,52.322338,7.856697,0,1

Then I opened the "NAV DATA" folder and found the identical notepad file named userwpt and on it was exactly the same line of info. Could this be related to my 'square smoke and water mist' problem? I really need that fixed if nothing else.

Now please try to keep in mind that I did A: find all the manuals, B; actually flew and landed the plane successfully, C; have all my sliders in the FSX scenery section FULLY slid to the right, (including the Special Effects slider), and finally D; NONE of the problems I've described existed before I loaded the Piper!

OK, nothing is perfect and I learn from my own mistakes. I need to know how to fix the things I've listed and I would REALLY appreciate it if you can tell me how to uninstall the entire thing if I should find that this is my best solution. What I mean by that is that I cannot seem to find the actual plane itself. I know I can delete the folders I've listed but will that get the plane too?

TO SUM IT UP:

As of this moment the Piper PA31 does NOT show up as one of my planes to choose from in the FSX 'Choose Plane' window. All my other functions in FSX seem to be back to normal except the 'Boxy smoke and mist' I spoke of above.

Please tell me how I may fix the boxy smoke and mist effect and then how I can install the Piper without using the installer, (which I feel is the reason for the trouble I have had) and so that I don't get any more trouble with Boxy smoke and disengaged controllers.

I have about $200.00 of Aerosoft planes, missions, and updates and that's not to mention all the UTX and other add-on planes I have. I really don't want to have to uninstall the entire FSX game in order to fix this if at all possible. I await your helpful response with anticipation. Thank You.

• Upvote 1

Hello;

Here is an link for the old forum,http://www.digital-aviation.de/forum/index.php?sid=5353671eed4c9c631714f401dc648106,I have the plane installed in Fsx Acceleration,and have had no problems,all liveried show up when installed,I have Fsx installed on the D-drive,so I no it works,I think there is one flight that comes with this,also you need to get nav data from Navigraph for the plane,you can use either Fsx flight planner,,or I usally use Flight Sim Commander,As for the special efects you mentioned,if they came with the installation,they should work,,the only other thing that I've had to do,was get a couple of updates,also there is another livery,check out the website from the link I gave you,there is some good information there.

Mark

Thanks for nothing

Really? Did you actually provide sufficient information for a troubleshoot? OS? Hardware? Your reporting skills were pathetic, so how can you expect anyone to dash to your rescue? We're not bloody mind readers.

Did you even bother to use the search engine and find not only a reference to the precise problem you mention, but also the solution?

http://digital-aviation.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4086&p=22171&hilit=userwpt.txt#p22171

Think yourself lucky I'm in a good mood. I could easily have not provided the link and left you to stew in your own juices when the solution was at your fingertips the whole time.

When you've calmed down, an apology would help, and then we might be inclined to help you with the other aspects of your problem... once you've supplied ALL the pertinent information, that is.

Ball's in your court.

• Upvote 2

Hello Rich,

You do need to be a bit more patient these forums are not manned 24/7 also the majority of the support staff are in Europe.

Please try the suggestion on the forum post here, you may then find all the files etc get loaded again.

• Upvote 2

You people are incredible! I ask for help for the products I bought from YOU (or your store), and I not only get excuses and rediculous claims that you don't have enough info, but in addition I get insulted by this 14 year old kid, (what are you supposed to be anyway? A pirate or something? Does your mommy know you have that poster on your door sonny? Probably not you freakimg jerk off). I'm sure this is the end of a beautiful freindship but is it me? Or did all these attacks come inside of 5 minutes and yet when I needed the help ASAP YESTERDAY no body wants to answer.

YES! It was that crappie PIPER that caused the entire probnlem and NO there is no easy way to find a registration point in Digital Aviontics. You should have just left this alone because I have had about enough of that idiot that keeps insulting everyone on your forum! What is he anyway? Your son or something? Why in the heck do you continue to allow this moron to insult everyone on this site. He is allowed continued attacks all over this site without so much as a word from you! That is what really what will keep many people from your software.

And it's just too easy for me to show what I'm talking about when I am asked if Aerosoft is worth the money. All I have to do is send them links to this forum where your 'pirate' kid answers to requests for help! (Check out his juvenile insults he gave when a person asked questions about the DHC-6. He charged at that poor guy like one terrific jerk and I couldn't stand by and watch.

I waited for you guys to say something but like I said, he must be your son or something. You should take away his computer and that cup of juice for which I have no doubt has a straw with him sucking on it while sitting his 280lb, 5'6" body in a comfy chair that he hasn't gotten out of since he was 12. Yes, I know it's over but don't think it hasn't been fun... 'cause it hasn't!

Hello Rich,

You do need to be a bit more patient these forums are not manned 24/7 also the majority of the support staff are in Europe.

Please try the suggestion on the forum post here, you may then find all the files etc get loaded again.

• Upvote 2

Rich, I think people were pretty helpful here, especially given the fact that most of us users are still on holidays. You WERE a little bit impatient, go admit that :-)

And about Snave; well, the guy is like he is: very knowledgeable, and you can count on his advice when he is ready to give one *g* - but his social skills make those of my rudder pedals shine :-).

Bets,

Bernhard

Well even if I forget about the pirate, you can't say that I was rude or less than perfectly polite with the original help request. It seems the thin skins got upset when I said thanks for nothing in this mornings post, (that had yet to have a reply to my original question), and I still stand on that remark.

I'm sorry if you have holidays over there that go on weeks after the intial holiday of most areas, (it must be nice), but I feel I gave as much reasonable time, (many hours), for a reply that any customer should have to wait after paying hard earned money for a product.

Aside from my extensive credentials, (I won't bore you with them here), that would exceed anything the pirate kid could dream of, I also have had 12+ years in customer service/relations expeirence as a result of my positions and I wouldn't dream of making a customer wait that long and then allow my friend, (or son...whomever), to antagonize the customer on top of all that.

But no problem, I'm well over 50 and I've met more than my share of idiots and this whole matter was forgotten about as fast as it was typed. One more thing though; I have no use for any of the suggestions posted, good bad, or otherwise, because I needed the help BEFORE I went and uninstalled the entire FSX and addon managerie. Hence any suggestion now is nothing more than a waste of time. I needed the help so that I would not have to do the unistall in the first place. It's your company, and I'm sure you know that me buying from Aerosoft or not buying from Aerosoft won't make you or break you.

Now excuse me because it took until 2:15AM CST US for me to successfully reinstall the entire BASIC FSX Deluxe program and Accelerator pack. Now I have to reinstall all my addons, (many from Aerosoft... except for that Piper), and need to research the order for which all of that has to be done. Thank You though.

• Upvote 2

Ah, So it's our fault you went ahead with some knee-jerk reaction and uninstalled the entire sim, just because you had one teensy-weensy problem..?

...a problem we could have solved for you with but even the smallest piece of self-control from you and acceptance that the diatribe that began this humorous little saga really did nothing to help you, or us to help you.

A problem that, with the merest hint of patience on your part and self-awareness that YOU overstepped the bounds, not us, we could have solved for you all without disturbing your previous installation - and we could have fixed the precious PIPER that you seem to have got all excited over like a 12-year old spoilt brat more than the 50-something customer service eggspurt who should really, truly have understood ho best to elicit advice and guidance. What you've done there is dig yourself even deeper. Shut up, or stop digging, you ain't winning anyone over with this approach.

Now, thanks to your own intransigence, personal insults and absolute lack of tact or diplomacy, (ironically, the very faults you allege in me) you've successfully mired yourself.

I shall remind you (so that others may laugh, not so you will comprehend) that YOU are the one seeking help! YOU are the one with the problem. You've successfully alienated yourself from that help among the user base, while I am sure the support guys at Aerosoft will give you the level of customer service you deserve, most support across most fora in sim-dom come from expert users, and you may have to wait days and days for a reply from a techie. They work office hours and have busy assistance tasks that precede yours. :blush:

And the next laugh? With your chosen course of action You STILL won't get the CHEYENNE working, in fact you may only make things worse.... :rolleyes:

Man, that's the biggest laugh of all. :lol: :lol: :P

• Upvote 3

You haven't actually told did you write to the support e-mail or not. Because mostly on these forums members give their answers or sugestions before any of the staff (mostly not allways) their not allways right but might work, so you need to say do you seek for 100% professional help or a fix that might work or might not.

Regards,

Kaspars

You haven't actually told did you write to the support e-mail or not. Because mostly on these forums members give their answers or sugestions before any of the staff (mostly not allways) their not allways right but might work, so you need to say do you seek for 100% professional help or a fix that might work or might not.

Regards,

Kaspars

Forget it Kaspars, he's now transferred his attentions to the Flight 1 forums, where he just repeated the same approach all over again, down to the whining about non-instant replies to his PIPER (Yes, he's still using those irrelevant CAPS over there too) even though he didn't buy the product from them and cretinously, doesn't appreciate the working relationship between Flight 1 and the developers either..!

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-smoke-and-mist-is-blocky_topic37850.html

I expect the same result... :rolleyes:

There are few - very few - simmers who I would regard as beyond redemption if they could only pause for thought. This chap is one of them.

Seriously though guys, if he ever does poke his unwanted nose back in here, leave him to the obligated support. He is that kind of `customer service` type (my guess; middle manager passed over for senior management on several occasions, despite his paper credentials) that waves a big stick and thinks people should jump to his every demand. You know, the kind that demands a fish instead of a fishing lesson... lucky you Shaun! :lol:

You will get no thanks and no joy from assisting him. So don't.

• Upvote 3

Seems he's moving on into even more complex territory.

Oh deary me

Guess his reinstall isn't going too well... that's the problem with jerks. Of the knee. :lol:

I detect more reinstalls in his near future, based upon his absolute lack of perspicacity (or seemingly any kind of patience - note another `demand` for immediate attention... what IS his problem?) :mad:

Can't even install the Cheyenne, and now he wants to add GEX FEX to a scenery directory? (:rolleyes:) And wants to know a download sequence for adons when what he wants to research is installation sequence..? And the scenery menu manipulation seems to cause him frustration because it too, isn't fast enough for his demands.

And one thing we know for certain. He won't be back here, tail between his legs, with apology in hand to get the pukka gen to assist in solving the actual problem he had at the outset, which he won't get over there. He's not the type. In fact his `type` is now clear, and my previous advice for non-salaried assistance now seems more valid...

• Upvote 1

Seems he's moving on into even more complex territory.

Oh deary me

Guess his reinstall isn't going too well... that's the problem with jerks. Of the knee. :lol:

I detect more reinstalls in his near future, based upon his absolute lack of perspicacity (or seemingly any kind of patience - note another `demand` for immediate attention... what IS his problem?) :mad:

Can't even install the Cheyenne, and now he wants to add GEX FEX to a scenery directory? (:rolleyes:) And wants to know a download sequence for adons when what he wants to research is installation sequence..? And the scenery menu manipulation seems to cause him frustration because it too, isn't fast enough for his demands.

And one thing we know for certain. He won't be back here, tail between his legs, with apology in hand to get the pukka gen to assist in solving the actual problem he had at the outset, which he won't get over there. He's not the type. In fact his `type` is now clear, and my previous advice for non-salaried assistance now seems more valid...

There must be some entertainment available down south besides cruising support forums?

• Upvote 3

There must be some entertainment available down south besides cruising support forums?

Yes I've just spent the day being downright rude to obnoxious twats who deserve it, cutting their access to support and leaving them to spend more, for less. All because they wound someone up the wrong way, pushing that someone to investigate a sleeping dog, go that extra mile - and then pass the results to me.

A dirty job, but somebody had to do it. And I didn't volunteer, I promise... :lol:

Moral: Don't wind up the hired help when they're the owners sons...

• Upvote 2

You will get no thanks and no joy from assisting him. So don't.

Simon,

Read the whole thread over here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/2nd-part-of-gex-na_topic37895.html

I believe that Rich56 is a newbie in the community, and he's learning fast. First lesson was obviously not to use Aerosoft support forums. This makes me sad, since I have personally purchased more than 20 different products from Aerosoft over the years and am very happy with the products and support ^_^

It's not that rare that newbies have too high expectations when purchasing add ons, on the product and the availability of support.

Best regards

The level of support - and precisely who supplies it - is patently obvious to anyone with eyes to see and a brain to perceive. The problem is the lack of patience when entering a new forum, and not taking the time to look around and get a `feel` for the place before posting. Make no mistake, for Rich56 it's all about `him` and not about `us`. Same approach is used in the Flight 1 forums, so he's never likely to be a positive asset to any fora, as he feels it's his right to take, and ours to serve. If he runs his customer service department (yeah, like it is `his` department...) along similar lines, I give whatever company he works for six weeks...

There is never any excuse whatsoever for the `demand` of an immediate reply. This just reveals the poster to be shortsighted, blinkered, bigoted and incapable of rationalising a global customer base that doesn't dance to any individual - or individuals - time frame. Also self-defeating, so it also demonstrates absence of social skills and a self-esteem unmatched by ability.

Note, if you will, first post time of 7.03pm GMT. Or 2003 hrs European. As Aerosoft is a business, working to business time, his initial demand was not only incompetently presented, preventing even a tart, correct reply, it was also demonstrating his lack of cognizance. His idiotic rejoinder actually hit the box at 2 in the morning, Euro-time...

...what pillock would expect a reply from a business at 2 in the morning, their time..?

• Upvote 2