C4 Engine message

oranges88

It works fine on my desktop, installed the game to my laptop and I got this message, what do I have to do? thanks

I installed direct x and the latest version of Quick Time player.

"The engine was unable to create a suitable graphics context.

please make sure your graphics hardware meets the minimum requirements.

if you're running in windowed mode for the 1st time

and you see this message make sure your desktop color

depth is set to 32-bit color."

Guest Paul Düster
It works fine on my desktop, installed the game to my laptop...

So, does your Laptop meets the minimum requirements?

So, does your Laptop meets the minimum requirements?

Sony Vaio VGN-CS110E

windows vista home SP

22.00 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache

241.57 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

160.24 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family [Display adapter] (2x)

Generic PnP Monitor

2940 Megabytes Installed Memory

Guest Paul Düster

CBS requirements:

Windows® Vista / XP ------------------------------------------------------------------check

DirectX® 9.0c ----------------------------------------------------------------------------check

2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon XP-----------------------------------------------check

Windows® XP 1 GB , Windows® Vista 2 GB------------------------------------check

Nvidia GeForce 86xx oder vergleichbare ATI-Grafikkarte---------------------FAIL -------- you have: Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

The Problem:

The Grafic-Chip doesnt have his own memory. It uses the Main Memory (the system shares it with the Grafic-Chip).

So it gets max. 384 MB. And its very low clocked (533/533). It got all neccesary Specs (DirectX 10, Shader 4.0) but it doesnt have the power to play some "new" games.

This GPU is not designed to play games. You could at least try to disable all programms and set the grafic-detail as low as possible.

I cant promise you that this will work well. And its not possible to change the GPU on a laptop.

sorry about that.

Paul

EDIT: You can see all infos here.

I would also upgrade to Windows 7. Windows Vista is a memory allocation hog. I use to have it too, and changed to Widows 7 Ultimate. You just can't compare the memory flow for this version. I noticed the improvement immediately on boot-up time, and program applications. You can now get it for $300 or less. This is if your financial situation allows you to, of course.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys for the responses. Since I am not a gamer I didn't buy this laptop 2 years ago for that kind of use.

I will however keep in mind what specs my next laptop needs when it comes time to buy a new one.

I have a "22"inch LCD monitor on my desktop, and my laptop screen is just "15".

• 11 months later...