Airbus Flap Settings Visual

matt oberdorfer

It appears, at least to me, that on the Bus, that the flaps don't go out far enough on the first 3 settings. The attached photo is of flaps 1 or 2 (i think), and the flaps appear to be much larger and out than the ones on Airbus X. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Also, is there anyway to make it so I can move the viewpoint around from the wing view? Thanks so much in advance. (picture link is below)

WING

-Matt

Hi,

that's a question which isn't so easy to answer. First of all there are always differences betwenn reality and simulation. And secondly it very much depends on the viewpoint.

This picture unfortunately doesn't show the flaps marking, but it is for sure either FLAPS 1+F or FLAPS 2.

And did you notice this on the A320 or on the A321? There are differences in the flaps settings, the A321 extends them much more than the A320 or the smaller ones (of course this is not noticeable in the cockpit but just in the outside view).

So it isn't really easy to compare this to reality, but I think it matches more or less.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

that's a question which isn't so easy to answer. First of all there are always differences betwenn reality and simulation. And secondly it very much depends on the viewpoint.

This picture unfortunately doesn't show the flaps marking, but it is for sure either FLAPS 1+F or FLAPS 2.

And did you notice this on the A320 or on the A321? There are differences in the flaps settings, the A321 extends them much more than the A320 or the smaller ones (of course this is not noticeable in the cockpit but just in the outside view).

So it isn't really easy to compare this to reality, but I think it matches more or less.

I noticed this on the A320 and the A321. I don't know, it just looks like they don't come out enough for the first 3 stages. Maybe someone else can find a picture that better shows this? Flaps 1 on the Airbus X is barely different from Flaps 0. Same with Flaps 2 and 3 but moreso with 1.

Hi,

found these videos on youtube, showing the Airbus X from wingview:

and
. You can compare them to the real one:

It looks very similar to me. Please also note, that when FLAPS 1 is selected in flight, no flaps will be deployed, only slats. Only once FLAPS 2 is selected, flaps are deployed.

Take offs are possible by using FLAPS 1+F (meaning Slats at one and flaps at one), FLAPS 2 and in some exceptions FLAPS 3.

Hope I could help a bit :) .