lukla x scenery problems

vgfreak188

hey guys i have downloaded lukla scenery about 5 times now and i keep getting runway 24 blocked with a small little cliff or big cliff i have some pictures of the problem and am using the recommended settings in the manual. i have tried everything from starting from the lukla flight when you load default flights the one where you start with a a cessna caravan and started from a different airport and flew there and still get the same problem of someone could please help me that would be great.

2010-12-28_18-55-53-470.BMP2010-12-28_18-58-8-671.BMP2010-12-28_18-57-23-701.BMP

i am running windows 7 with ati radeon 4350.0 and intel quad core 2 with 8 gb of ram and i have a hp pavilion elite hpe desktop

Hi. Can you confirm you are loading ICAO - VLN2 (SP2)?

Additionally are you running SP1 or SP2. Check the manual as this makes a difference.

Chris

yeah i load vnl2 every time and do you check the service pack you have in the manual or where would i check that

It depends what version of FSX you have and if you've updated it. FSX Acceleration is basically SP2, and any other version need to be updated to this ideally. Within FSX there doesnt appear to be a way to check the version, however the FSX Service Pack may show up in your Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.

According to the manual if you are running SP1 you need to start Lukla via 'Saved Flights' and 'Start_Lukla!'

Chris

It depends what version of FSX you have and if you've updated it. FSX Acceleration is basically SP2, and any other version need to be updated to this ideally. Within FSX there doesnt appear to be a way to check the version, however the FSX Service Pack may show up in your Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.

According to the manual if you are running SP1 you need to start Lukla via 'Saved Flights' and 'Start_Lukla!'

Chris

yeah i have started it from the start_ lukla and the same cliff pops up and i have acceleration but i just have not had time to install because i just got my computer yesterday. so i will install accleration and post again if anything happens. oh and i haave also started it from the free flight section and it doesnt work then either

FYI, I also have This scenery and Accelleration Pack installed. I love this airport, as it is such a challenge. When I am on a 45 minute flight to Lukla I have to reload the scenery about 10-15 minutes before arrival to get the scenery to load correctly. If I don't do that, the hill will pop up on the runway.