US Cities X - Las Vegas 2 Stratosphere Hotels

flyboy340

I seem to have 2 Stratosphere hotels with this scenery! The scenery layer is at the top, I don't have the Dream Team KLAS, but I do have the Ground Environment X North America. Apart from the default & US Cities X Las Vegas,I can't find any other mention of Vegas scenery in my scenery.cfg. I would be grateful for any help in finding the problem.

Many thanks

Have you tried deactivating Ground Environment in your scenery library yet to see it the second building is gone then? This would help to see where the problem is.

Bests,

Sascha

Have you tried deactivating Ground Environment in your scenery library yet to see it the second building is gone then? This would help to see where the problem is.

Bests,

Sascha

Unfortunately GEX can't be deactivated in the scenery library as it is not a scenery library item . mellow.gif

Hi,

I have the same problem with this scenery. Besides the double Stratosphere , I also have overlaying (double) runways on Area51. I haven't checked the other areas yet .

I do not have any other add-on in this region except from the original FSX files . I tried to de-activate the original Vegas scenery but that doesn't help.

I haven't read the full specs on the Las Vegas X, but are there any night textures provided for the buildings on the Strip ? They're all dark.

Thanks.

I seem to have 2 Stratosphere hotels with this scenery! The scenery layer is at the top, I don't have the Dream Team KLAS, but I do have the Ground Environment X North America. Apart from the default & US Cities X Las Vegas,I can't find any other mention of Vegas scenery in my scenery.cfg. I would be grateful for any help in finding the problem.

Many thanks

Can anyone upload a screenshot of the duplicated stratosphere?

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha,

I had an initial problem with duplicated buildings. 2 Mirages,2 Treasure Islands.etc. The Stratosphere Hotel appeared to be one building with 2 masts. Closer inspection revealed the top of the Strato was looking like the mastercard logo. ie 2 circles very close together.

This prompted me to delete the default las vegas scenery ( I hadn't done this prior to loading up Vegas) A rebuild of the scenery library was effected but didnt seem to solve it.

Then the Activation Tool was brought into use and after activation a full hardware reboot was done.

Loading up FSX then forced another rebuild of.Scenery Library.

Now I have a perfect Strato and the duplicate buildings appear to have gone. So I'm happy with the result.

Hope this helps to solve peoples problems

ColinT46

Can anyone upload a screenshot of the duplicated stratosphere?

Bests,

Sascha

Hope this helps

Sorry it has taken so long to upload a screen shot, but I have been away.

post-36526-086997500 1293961862_thumb.jp

Hope this helps

Sorry it has taken so long to upload a screen shot, but I have been away.

Hmm... there are far mor duplicated buildings than just the Stratosphere tower.

US Cities X - Las Vegas excludes all previously existing buildings from FSX's default scenery and Ultimate Terrain. If there is any other scenery (that we don't know of) that moved some of the default buildings, our exclude rectangles can't "catch" those. Therefore it would help a lot if you could list any addon sceneries you can think of that could cover the Las Vegas area or could have done some modifications there (and try deactivating them after another to see if the problem is gone then).

Without knowing which addon scenery causes this problem, we can't do exclude rectangles for those. But as soon as we know this is something pretty easy to solve.

I doubt that Ground Environment X is involved there btw. because it only replaces textures, not building positions. At least to my knowledge.

Bests,

Sascha

Hmm... there are far mor duplicated buildings than just the Stratosphere tower.

US Cities X - Las Vegas excludes all previously existing buildings from FSX's default scenery and Ultimate Terrain. If there is any other scenery (that we don't know of) that moved some of the default buildings, our exclude rectangles can't "catch" those. Therefore it would help a lot if you could list any addon sceneries you can think of that could cover the Las Vegas area or could have done some modifications there (and try deactivating them after another to see if the problem is gone then).

Without knowing which addon scenery causes this problem, we can't do exclude rectangles for those. But as soon as we know this is something pretty easy to solve.

I doubt that Ground Environment X is involved there btw. because it only replaces textures, not building positions. At least to my knowledge.

Bests,

Sascha

Yeah, I thought there were a few more extra buildings around! The only other scenery I installed (& uninstalled before US X Las Vegas was installed) was FSDreamTeam KLAS. I don't have any other scenery installed that covers the Las Vegas Area. Is there any way I can look in a scenery folder for the rogue buildings? blink.gif

I have now uninstallled US X Las Vegas and de activated the standard FSX Scenery. In FSX I still quite a few buildings in Vegas incl 1 Stratosphere & The Bellagio with the fountains working. Is it possible that the buildings from US X Las Vegas have been installed twice and now that I have uninstalled it, just 1 set are left? Does anybody know what the building file names are so I can do a search?

Is there any way I can look in a scenery folder for the rogue buildings?

No, there is no way I know of to let FSX show you which files placed which building. Here's a little explanation for the scenery library:

FSDreamteam Las Vegas

Should be above US Cities. But no matter where you put it - it doesn't cause duplicated buildings together with US Cities. So that can't be the evil one.

Las Vegas

Default Scenery entry. Contains a library for the default buildings. If you deactivate it, they will be gone for sure (inclding a few that are called by US Cities). This folder DOESN'T place any buildings! It just is a library of the 3D objects itself.

Western North America

Default Scenery entry. Some files in here call the 3D objects from the "Las Vegas" folder and place them. US Cities excludes those buildings when activated.

My bet is that there is still some other 3rd party scenery on your disk causing this. Problem is that some semi-professional scenery developers dump their files in the "Addon Scenery" library entry or somewhere else where you can't find it easily to save themselves writing the installation routing for creating their own scenery library entries.

Bests,

Sascha

I have now tried uninstalling US X LV & reinstalling it, then manually sorting through the scenery.cfg to make sure it was all correct. I then tried installing FSDreamteam KLAS & the airport then did not have any double towers, taxiway markings etc. Then I deactivated FSDt KLAS & all the doubles at the airport returned. Throughout all of this, I have always had 2 Stratospheres & duplicate buildings down the LV Strip. The only time the duplicates disappeared was when US X LV was uninstalled. Any Ideas anyone??sad.gif

Any Ideas anyone??

Yes, I do!

During my tests I noticed that FSDT's scenery can't be just deactivated using the scenery library. A few files seem to be left active in other folders for copy protection reasons. The only way to deactivate their scenery is to uninstall it completely to my knowledge.

Bests,

Sascha

Yes, I do!

During my tests I noticed that FSDT's scenery can't be just deactivated using the scenery library. A few files seem to be left active in other folders for copy protection reasons. The only way to deactivate their scenery is to uninstall it completely to my knowledge.

Bests,

Sascha

OK, thank you for that. I will try uninstalling completely. Hopefully I'll sort it soon. blush.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Tried all that & still not fixed mad.gif Oh well. Any other ideas anyone please?

Just wanted to know if the problem with the duplicate bldgs has been solved. I'm thinking of purchasing Vegas but I would like to know what is causing this problem and if Sasa is working on a fix for it. Also I would like to know when the night textures update will be available for U.S. Cities Las Vegas.

Just wanted to know if the problem with the duplicate bldgs has been solved. I'm thinking of purchasing Vegas but I would like to know what is causing this problem and if Sasa is working on a fix for it.

Keep in mind this is not a general problem with every customer. There are only very few affected which makes me feeling that they have installed something specific what causes the problem. I can't solve the problem without getting more help from the customers affected (neither us not the beta testers have the problem!) and have promised that one who finds the source on his system a free product. Unfortunately there wasn't an answer since making me sure that this is something limited to very few users (see here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=41790&view=findpost&p=282130)

Night textures will come by end of March.

Bests,

Sascha

Keep in mind this is not a general problem with every customer. There are only very few affected which makes me feeling that they have installed something specific what causes the problem. I can't solve the problem without getting more help from the customers affected (neither us not the beta testers have the problem!) and have promised that one who finds the source on his system a free product. Unfortunately there wasn't an answer since making me sure that this is something limited to very few users (see here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=41790&view=findpost&p=282130)

Night textures will come by end of March.

Bests,

Sascha

I have purchased the scenery and Installed it exactly as I was instructed to by the user manual. I do not have any duplicate buildings, but I noticed that there are no pedestrian bridges over Las Vegas Blvd as in real life. Am I missing a bgl or are they not included in the scenery. If they are not can they be put into the scenery in the update of night textures coming at the end of March?

Just wanted to know if the problem with the duplicate bldgs has been solved. I'm thinking of purchasing Vegas but I would like to know what is causing this problem and if Sasa is working on a fix for it. Also I would like to know when the night textures update will be available for U.S. Cities Las Vegas.

My 2 Stratosphere towers & duplicate scenery has now been solved. biggrin.gif ThanksSascha. It had been caused by non-activation of the scenery.

I said I thought I had activated the scenery because I installed the LasVegas Scenery and used the registration key. Aerosoft Launcher then opened & I saw the opening screen of othersoftware to purchase. As I did not wantto purchase any software at this time, I then closed it thinking that theactivation had been done. I think the Aerosoft launcher’s initial screen shouldbe the activation page after any software installation.