AES Window: size and position

eudoniga

Hello Oliver, hello folks,

forgive me for not conducting an extensive search, maybe the question was already raised in the past somewhere else in this forum ...

Is there a way to position AES popup window inside FS, so that it becomes permanent from session to session, and not just within a single flight session ?

Thanks and regards,

Eugenio

No, sorry, but this window is an internal API and I don't see yet any option to save position and/or size.

I see ... so it looks like the only present solution is using AES Remote ... but then I would lose verbal commands, not running on the client, too.

Yet, I remember seeing some parameters of an "AES Window" included in some .cfg or .flt file ... would it be possible ?

Will make further research, and report back here.

ATC Window size and position, after all, is saved with the situation (.flt) and so why couldn't this "sister" window deserve same treatment ?

Thanks and regards,

Eugenio

Here ! Taken from the last lines of my active flight (.FLT) in FS9:

[Air Traffic Control]

Undocked=False

ScreenUniCoords=102, 3324, 1431, 2304

UndocCoords=0, 0, 0, 0

[Flying Tip]

Undocked=False

ScreenUniCoords=500, 400, 7192, 650

UndocCoords=0, 0, 0, 0

[AES - Airport Enhancement Services -2.07 - LGAV-FULL - <Close window with F10> ]

Undocked=False

ScreenUniCoords=1536, 1216, 5120, 1425

UndocCoords=0, 0, 0, 0

That's where came the thought that AES window size & position would have been saved from flight to flight ...

Why isn't it so ?

:wacko:

The tech question from the untech guy ...

If these data are saved - it seems - automatically along with the other parameters of the active "situation" when a flight is created (Fs9), so that ATC window is recorded, why doesn't it happen to AES window, too ?

:glider_s:

• Developer

The AES window is using the FS API's, which also used to generate the ATC Window. But, the window is not Static generated. It will be "destroy" when not used, not only set ot Hidden, like the ATC window. When it is "recreated", it is not the same window, so it is not using the stored data.

This parts are handled by the Vistamare Modules and the developer of this modules is not online at the moment, so I can't ask him, if he see an option to create the window with stored data.

The AES window is using the FS API's, which also used to generate the ATC Window. But, the window is not Static generated. It will be "destroy" when not used, not only set ot Hidden, like the ATC window. When it is "recreated", it is not the same window, so it is not using the stored data.

This parts are handled by the Vistamare Modules and the developer of this modules is not online at the moment, so I can't ask him, if he see an option to create the window with stored data.

Thanks Oliver !

Nice to know that it's not really "impossible", but that you will be - sooner or later - given the information to be able to set it up.

You had a nice idea by offering us the chance to externalize AES menu on another machine, and maybe I'll try it; but to many of us, especially those who do not have multiple pc setup, the chance to resize and relocate AES menu I guess would be sure enough.

Thanks for keeping the thought alive !

:clapping_s: