New User

itifonhom

Hi everybody,

just yesterday I bought the German boxed version of AirbusX (1.21) and installed it. Didn't make it to read through all the documentation yet nor through all the Forum here but I already got some minor problems that require some attention. Overall I find this product quite impressive, most of all the night lighting.

So, my very first problem is the throttle. I just can't get it to move forward properly. Tried the InFSX.PDF method but that corrected only the reverse. Then got the two throttle luas' but that caused only one throttle to lock at CL and don't move again. The recreates work properly though. For the luas' I left the parameter at 0, don't know if that's ok and tried with and without the FSX controls activated.

Second, the aircraft configurations through the MCDU. Whatever I choose, the aircraft just goes to Cold and Dark and that's it. I still use the 1.21 version which gets me to question #3

How should I patch up to 1.22 properly?

My rig is: Win XP home SP3, FSX deluxe SP2, registered FSUIPC updated and Saitek Yoke and quadrant.

Thanks for any help in advance....

Hi,

well, you are going through the special AirbusX initiation rites that we all had to go through ;-)

The Aircraft State is something that does not immediately work if you do not have an English Windows. But there is a solution for it:

Look in your "Meine Dokumente" or the My Documents on your System. You will most likely have a folder called:

<path to my documents>\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbus

In there you have amongst other things 4 .abx files. These need to be copied to a new folder called

<path to my documents>\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\AerosoftAirbus

After that it will find your states when selected in the MCDU MENU.

The 1.22 patch:

Normally you can register with Aerosoft and then you can register your AirbusX with them (use the Serial Number)´. I think that will give you access to a patch. Check on their site.

I have a download version and get the patches offered in my download purchase area.

It is important to get that patch because they fixed a couple of things.

The Throttles:

I have the same hardware and registered FSUIPC and it works fine so your's should as well.

Here is what I have set up:

In the FSX Options "Steuerungen" I turn off any axis assignments for the throttles.

Then I place the two .lua scripts in the modules folder.

Then in FSUIPC axis assignments I assign "aircraft specific!" each thrust axis as "Send to FS as normal axis" and select the "Lua AirbusX Thr<x>" script.

That should be all! If it does not work with the reversers you might have what I encountered, the scripts provided on the forum some time ago suddenly did not work.

In that case edit the scripts as follows:

AirbusX Thr1.lua:

ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_0", 0 - (2 * ipcPARAM))

AirbusX_Thr_2.lua:

ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_1", 0 - (2 * ipcPARAM))

Latest by then it worked for me.

Hope that helped

Kosta

Thanks Kosta for the reply, will try all your tips as soon as I'll be at home inan hour or so. Just one question though: at the FSUIPC configuration for the throttles, do I have to leave the assignment at the dropdown below the "Send to FS as normal axis" choice empty or choose an axis for it?

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

P.S. You seem to know German Windows good and your name seems Greek, if you're a Greek living in Germany, we got lot in common!

I just figured that out, throttles operate fine now. It was kind of tricky to get it right though, funny that Aeroft chose a way like this. I also did the update to 1.22 and the aircraft configurations also work properly.

I know have to get the grips of her, means I got some PDF reading tomorow......

Thanks Kostas for your kind support!!!