FCU speed managed mode problem

Marc Muller

Hello

I was fortunate enough to spend saturday afternoon in a cockpit of an Airbus 320 on a flight to Las Palmas and Lisbon, always for take-off and landing... (and best of all, even get paid for it.)

I watched the pilots during the approach..

they selected speed 160, while reducing to 160, they got Flaps 1 and 2, then they pushed the speed knob, to get into managed mode, and the autopilot took the landing speed in the MCDU automatically....

when i try this in the aerosoft bird, the autopilot stays at 160 kts....

am i doing something wrong here? or is this feature not implemented...

for the rest, i can only congratulate aerosoft for this nice bird, i immediately felt at home when i entered the cockpit there...

many thanks

Marc

am i doing something wrong here? or is this feature not implemented...

No, it seems that you're doing all right here. It's just the way it's done in reality. Maybe it's not modelled in this simulation.

PERF APPR was selected and confirmed in your MCDU before? If it is confirmed then, in managed mode the speed should reach value from the MCDU (depending also on the FLAPS position also).

vali

thanks for your reply...i rechecked it again, and now it worked...

i thought, that the speed from the mcdu would be taken right away into the autopilot as soon as i push the speed knob in managed mode...

but it only comes to this speed after you have flaps full selected...it works now

thanks a lot

Marc