No instruments, just black holes

Stack2

For some reason I have no instruments in my A300B4, just black holes. Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks

Hi,

Did you install the aircraft with an account that has administrator rights? Are you running FSX from that same account?

When you first ran the A300 did FSX ask you if you trusted the gauges that are related to the A300, and if so did you say "YES" to these questions?

Björn

• 10 months later...

Hi Bjorn

I have the same problem ( no instruments and no F.E panel) I believe i have full Administrators rights as the computer is my personel one with no other users.I only have one account to the best of my knowlage and when i first ran the program i said yes to all questions even though most were just (Next)

I have re-installed the program 3 times with no luck !! Please can you help.

Tim.

Hi Bjorn

No i have not seen that pop up i normal just get Next selections from the wizzard.I down loaded the A300 about a year ago and it work no to bad then i had to re-download recently and i have this problem .

Tim.

Hi Tim,

A number of reasons spring to mind why the gauges are not working:

- the main gauge is blocked by FSX

- your local firewall is blocking communication between the gauge and simconnect via the localhost (previous versions of the gauge were using FSUIPC)

- the A300 gauge is not installed in the default gauge-directory in FSX or the links in the panel.cfg path are not pointing to the gauge

So maybe you can check if there is something blocking the gauge in the firewall setting (try and turn off the windows firewall and then start FSX-don't forget to turn it back on afterwards), and also check that the SimCheck main gauge is correctly installed in the default FSX->gauges directory.

Björn

Hi Bjorn

I have tried with my firewall off (Norton 360) with no luck ,and im not sure how to check if FSX is blocking the Gauges directory ?

Please could you help.

Tim.

Hi Tim,

Before we look info FS blocking the gauge please make sure that:

- The windows firewall is also off?

- The gauge is in the correct location

The question is: why did it work before and doesn't it work now... possibly something else was changed on your PC since the previous install?

Regarding FSX blocking the gauge, I need to look into that myself, so I'll get back to you when I have more info. But there is a list of trusted publishers and when a gauge is first loaded after the install FSX asks if you want to run the gauge and if you trust the publisher of the gauge. if you answer NO then the gauge will not load, if you say YES then the question will not be asked in the future and the gauge will run fine. If the question is never asked this means that the gauge is not loaded at all, so possibly the gauge is not found in the location where it should.

Björn

Hi Bjorn

When i tried FSX the fire wall for Norton and Mircosoft were both turned off.

One thing of interest is at first only the wings and engines were present and inside there were not gauges or F.Es panel.I read your posts and to fix it tried downloading the Microsoft FSX service pack 1 and 2 in hope that they would put it right.

It turned out that i ended up with a message saying i need to upgrade my graythics chip and FSX wouldn't run,so i uninstalled SP2 and ran FSX now i have the complete Aircraft except the tail and the FE's panel has come back but no Gauges as yet.

Tim.

Hi Tim,

The fact that the tail is invisible is related to the fact that the gauges are not loaded as we control the visibility by one of the variables in the gauge.

Confirm you have first uninstalled SP2 and THEN installed the A300?

I will test to see if the aircraft works without SP2 and let you know tonight how that worked out.

Björn

Hi Tim,

Apparently you can't uninstall SP2 after it has been installed, at least not on my computer!

Based on the information I found on several forums however, it looks like using a gauge compiled with SP2 on a non-SP2 FSX installation can cause issues. Not sure if this is what is causing you grief, but it is very possible that this is hte cause of the problem.

Björn

To check if the gauge is trusted by FSX you will need to locate the "fsx.CFG" file, make sure to also look into hidden directories for that. the exact location of this file depends on your operating system. On my computer (Win7-64bit) it could be found here:

c:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG

In this file there is a section called "[Trusted]", check if you see references to the "BC_A300.GAU" file, if you see those, that means that the gauge has been "cleared" by you to be save for use with FSX. If you don't see the entry then the gauge was either not loaded or was indicated as being unsafe by you.

Björn

Hi Bojorn,

I have uninstalled and re-installed everything including FSX SP2,i have found that after re-installing FSX SP1 most of the aircraft became visable but not the tail or gauges ,i then installed FSX SP2 and as before just got a message telling me to up grade my graphics board and would not run FSX.So i am going to get a updated grapthics board and as you suggest when FSX SP2 is installed this may fix the problem.

I let you know how i get on.

Tim.