US Cities X - Las Vegas Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

Hi everybody,

I have the same issue, two towers and a missing Luxor pyramid. The only additional Add-on I have for that region/continent is the Mega SceneryX - Las Vegas & GC. May be that helps for the debugging.

Best regards,

Volker

Hmmm.... I just had another look at it and I'm pretty sure now there is NO other scenery causing this!

Did anyone of you activate the scenery after installing using the Aerosoft Launcher? See the manual for for more information if you are not sure how the activation works.

Bests,

Sascha

Hmmm.... I just had another look at it and I'm pretty sure now there is NO other scenery causing this!

Did anyone of you activate the scenery after installing using the Aerosoft Launcher? See the manual for for more information if you are not sure how the activation works.

Bests,

Sascha

I think I I installed the scenery & then activated it via the Aerosoft launcher that popped up after installation.

I think I I installed the scenery & then activated it via the Aerosoft launcher that popped up after installation.

You think that you did or do you remember actually doing it?

What I tried yesterday was running the scenery without any activation, which gave exactly the results reported (no pyramid, double towers). You can see if the scenery has been activated by looking into this folder:

FSX\Aerosoft\UXCitiesX-LasVegas\Scenery

Check if there are any files ending on BLOB. If yes, the scenery hasn't been activated and you should check it in the launcher again.

Bests,

Sascha

You think that you did or do you remember actually doing it?

What I tried yesterday was running the scenery without any activation, which gave exactly the results reported (no pyramid, double towers). You can see if the scenery has been activated by looking into this folder:

FSX\Aerosoft\UXCitiesX-LasVegas\Scenery

Check if there are any files ending on BLOB. If yes, the scenery hasn't been activated and you should check it in the launcher again.

Bests,

Sascha

My 2 Stratosphere towers & duplicate scenery has now been solved. biggrin.gif ThanksSascha. It had been caused by non-activation of the scenery.

I said I thought I had activated the scenery because I installed the LasVegas Scenery and used the registration key. Aerosoft Launcher then opened & I saw the opening screen of othersoftware to purchase. As I did not wantto purchase any software at this time, I then closed it thinking that theactivation had been done. I think the Aerosoft launcher’s initial screen shouldbe the activation page after any software installation.

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, would like to see the night textures promised on the product page. The language used clearly states that a free upgrade will be published until the end of March, but no date is given as to when it will first be available. I did check my account for this purchase and found no mention of an update.

Thanks,

Murfman

Hi,

I discovered an erroneous crash detection spot at Nellis AFB. Two different aircraft I was taxiing on taxiway F ran into an invisible object and crashed. Quite annoying, as on one occasion I had just completed a flight in an F-18 from Area 51. Maybe a new stealth fighter being developed at Area 51 followed me to Nellis and parked in front of me:o )

All kidding aside, the crash really did happen. The coordinates were approximately N36 13.91 W115 2.62. I would appreciate it if you would check this out.

Thanks,

Murfman

All kidding aside, the crash really did happen. The coordinates were approximately N36 13.91 W115 2.62. I would appreciate it if you would check this out.

Couldn't find anything there. In which direction/heading do you taxi from that given coordinate to crash?

Bests,

Sascha

So far I have two issues with Las Vegas X

Issue 1 when I try to load Airbus X at the airport I get a ntdll crash each time (if I load Airbus X from say Reno no problems.

Issue 2 the textures are far blurry on the hotels to the paint you cannot make the names out.

Sean

Below are my specs BTW this is a fresh in stall of FSX.

Intel i7-950 Processor, 8GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, 1TB HP Media Drive, 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850, SB X-Fi Titanium, HP w2338h LCD,

NTDLL errors can relate to pretty much anything under the sun. What I would reccomend doing is running chkdsk on your C drive (or what ever drive letter windows is installed to). You will have to reboot for the chkdsk to run. It certainly fixed the CDT's I was having due to ntdll

NTDLL errors can relate to pretty much anything under the sun. What I would reccomend doing is running chkdsk on your C drive (or what ever drive letter windows is installed to). You will have to reboot for the chkdsk to run. It certainly fixed the CDT's I was having due to ntdll

Thanks I will check the only reason I posted about the ntdll error is that I can run the Quality Sim 757, and the Level D 767 at Las Vegas with Vegas X installed but once I load the Airbus X and Las Vegas it loads to a certain point and then the ntdll error.

Thanks

Sean

Issue 2 the textures are far blurry on the hotels to the paint you cannot make the names out.

A known issue with US Cities. Keep in mind that this is a series of budget sceneries for a low price where much has been automatically generated.

Bests,

Sascha

A known issue with US Cities. Keep in mind that this is a series of budget sceneries for a low price where much has been automatically generated.

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks a question about the night textures for Las Vegas if you need photos of Vegas at night I have a bunch of them if needed.

Sean

post-18976-029039600 1297190335_thumb.jp

Couldn't find anything there. In which direction/heading do you taxi from that given coordinate to crash?

Bests,

Sascha

Hello, Sascha,

Thanks for taking the time to investigate this problem. I was able to reproduce the crash using the default C 172. This time I was ready and had the coordinates displayed on the screen before the crash happened. As soon as the crash occured I paused the sim and wrote down the coordinates. When the crash happened I was taxiing SW(210 degress) on taxiway F, as though I were going toward the departure end of runway 3L. If I recall correctly, I was about 2/3 the length of runway 21R. In any case here are the exact coordinates: N 36 degrees 13.85 minutes, W 115 degrees 2.69 minutes.

My only other thought is that I'm hitting the crash detection boxes of parked aircraft, although visually I wasn't nearly close enough to crash into another aircraft. I am using My Traffic 2010, and I'm not sure which aircraft are part of the static scenery and which are generated by MY Traffic.

Hope this helps, and thanks again for checking this out.

Tom Murphy

Thanks for taking the time to investigate this problem. I was able to reproduce the crash using the default C 172. This time I was ready and had the coordinates displayed on the screen before the crash happened. As soon as the crash occured I paused the sim and wrote down the coordinates. When the crash happened I was taxiing SW(210 degress) on taxiway F, as though I were going toward the departure end of runway 3L. If I recall correctly, I was about 2/3 the length of runway 21R. In any case here are the exact coordinates: N 36 degrees 13.85 minutes, W 115 degrees 2.69 minutes.

Hi Tom,

Sorry, can't confirm this. Neither when taxiing down F on its full length nor when checking out the coordinate you provided. Your coordinate is very close to a parking position of AI aircraft though, which could indicate that a certain aircraft from the MyTraffic package could have a "crash box" that is too big. If you can find out the model and report it this would be highly appreciated.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Tom,

Sorry, can't confirm this. Neither when taxiing down F on its full length nor when checking out the coordinate you provided. Your coordinate is very close to a parking position of AI aircraft though, which could indicate that a certain aircraft from the MyTraffic package could have a "crash box" that is too big. If you can find out the model and report it this would be highly appreciated.

Bests,

Sascha

Hello, Sascha,

The nearest plane to those coordinates is a Grumman E-2C Hawkeye naval AWACS plane. The wings are in a folded position.

Thanks again for your interest.

Regards,

Tom

The nearest plane to those coordinates is a Grumman E-2C Hawkeye naval AWACS plane. The wings are in a folded position.

Thanks. I forwarded that to the MyTraffic developer.

Bests,

Sascha