GTX 580 Performance Test

Artifacts, spikes and other issues - texture resolution of the ground scenery doesn't seem very high, and what's going on with the clouds when you pan in the outside zoom?

Think you've got some issues there. You sure you installed it correctly?

Well everything is maxed out. Yes I'm sure i've installed it correctly. spikes and clouds, maybe a driver issue. Also keep in mind that I am not using any cfg tweaks. Card is working correctly as i got 3dmark 11 performance score of 6200 which is just perfect.

Uninstalled FSX.

Uninstalled my graphics driver.

Installed my graphic card and did a clean install of the graphic driver.

installed fsx.

After a lot of testing and benchmarking I am very happy with my card. Did some cfg tweaks and all spikes and cloud artifacts are gone. Everything is back on track. This card is a beast !!! :)

Uninstalled FSX.

Uninstalled my graphics driver.

Installed my graphic card and did a clean install of the graphic driver.

installed fsx.

After a lot of testing and benchmarking I am very happy with my card. Did some cfg tweaks and all spikes and cloud artifacts are gone. Everything is back on track. This card is a beast !!! :)

So you didn't bother reading the advice in this forum? About defragmenting the FSX installation, manually removing all traces of the card from the FSX .cfg (which is NOT removed by uninstalling unless you manually do so), and rebuilding the shaders? You just went in and tweaked first?

Glad you got rid of the artifacts. You got lucky!

• Upvote 1

You got lucky!

I guess you can say that. And about the part where you wrote that I didn't bother reading the advice in this forum, it isn't like that at all. I wasn't aware at all that we have to manually remove registry entries and all that stuff before installing a new GPU. Although I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

• Upvote 1