Administrator priveledges FUBAR

Grandpa2

Hello again gents,

With your help I have been able to download the Air Canada livery for my A-320. However when I try to save the required changes to the aircraft cfg. file I am told "Access Denied" and that I don't have the administrator status to make the changes. I am signed onto the computer as the Administrator but that doesn't do the trick. Once again, I'm way beyond my depth and need a hand to get out. Appreciate any help---oh, and I'm using FSX and Vista.

Thanks,

Grandpa

Hello Grandpa.

Best thing to do is turn off your pc's UAC  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control )

This explains how to: http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm

The other - even better - option is to install fsx on a dedicated drive or create a map  ( C - FSX  outside programfiles) and install fsx there. That way security doesn't kick in all the time

Hello again gents,

With your help I have been able to download the Air Canada livery for my A-320. However when I try to save the required changes to the aircraft cfg. file I am told "Access Denied" and that I don't have the administrator status to make the changes. I am signed onto the computer as the Administrator but that doesn't do the trick. Once again, I'm way beyond my depth and need a hand to get out. Appreciate any help---oh, and I'm using FSX and Vista.

Thanks,

Grandpa

I had the same problem!!

i saved the aircraft.cfg in my desktop

and then i copied in the right airbus folder!!

i think this should work

Thanks guys. I discovered that if I ran notepad as administrator I was able to modify the aircraft cfg. file and the computer accepted the changes. Simply opening notepad and making the changes won't work. The text program, whatever you use, must be run as administrator or the computer chokes.

Grandpa

i also do this... fwiw lol... no elegant but works...

I had the same problem!!

i saved the aircraft.cfg in my desktop

and then i copied in the right airbus folder!!

i think this should work