Discus x power glider issues

kroemer

Hi, I recently brought the boxed 1.50 version on discus x from flight sim store and it looks like a nice plane but at first I had problems with it crashing FSX after about 10-20 seconds I fixed that by downloading update 1.60 but now when I load up the power glider with the two bladed prop I have problem.

Motor starts fine but when i put up the throttle to take off it just slowy noses into ground and won't go any further also have line across screen as seen in photo atatched.

The Bt model works fine is a superb model to fly.

My PC specs are as follows:huh.gif

Windows7 64bit

8gb ram

3ghz quad core cpu

FSX+ acceleration pack

Orbx australia scenery

Real enviroment extreame

Thanks ryan

2010-12-19_21-42-55-866.BMP

Hi Ryan

You must simply practise take off. slowly push the trottle foreward and keep the plane straight. It is not easy. Like in the real one.

The line is a clipping problem. All Discus have the same issue, as well as the standard DG808. There is nothing, you can do to solve it. It happenes if the fuselage is to close to the ground.

Bests Joachim

For your first few takeoffs in the motor Discus, set a healthy headwind pointing straight at you down the runway - this will give the elevator some bite so you can hold the stick back during the first part of the ground run. I'm guessing you had zero wind which counter-intuitively is much more difficult than a headwind. The motor in the Discus is correctly modelled and it creates a pitch-forward torque when it's running. You can also feed in the power gently so you get air moving over the tailplane before you apply full power. We have all had "Yiiiiiiiikes!" moments on the motor Discus ground run for the first few launches - I'm assuming in real life you'd have had a bit more of a briefing, and wouldn't slam on full power from the get-go.

The Discus era of standard-class gliders (ASW24, LS7) gave us a set of machines that had fantastic cross-country performance (climb and glide) but they all are a handful on the ground fully ballasted. My ASW24 had high-aspect-ratio ailerons which were a dream in the air (little secondary effect) but very limited effectiveness on the take-off run until some speed was gained. But in a bit of a breeze I could hold the wings level while stationary. Elevator was ok though.

I just searched on the web to see what was out there on "motor discus take-off" in case there was a real-world briefing. Nope. But the search gave my own tutorial for the Aerosoft Discus BM:

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=28877

B21

Hi, thanks for your help I will give it a go. haven't done much gliding on the flight sim as it didn't interest me and was nothing like flying a thermal rc glider. but reading about aerosoft's glider I decided to try it. Also have installed the recomended thermal program cumm...x I think.

Let you know how I go.

ryan

Got it sorted but it gunna takes some practine do it right 10 out of 10 times. nothing like flying a rc power glider.

thanks heap.

Got that ,essage say flight sim has stopped working and fsx shuts down. Only appeared one in the 1/2 I flew for

with a bit of practice you'll be fine - the headwind makes quite a difference. I expect you couldn't just jump into a real Discus BM and launch it either...

flight sim has stopped

this could be almost anything... If it happens again, try disabling a DLL.

B21