New to Andras

rgamurot

I love the idea of Andras Field and purchased it. I looked through the forums and found several threads about adding the airfield to FMS as I plan to mainly use the Mustang and PMDGs NGX (I know its not out yet but i like planning ahead). I got that done no problem but now Im trying to build flight plans so I can either use FSBuild or FSC. I found the topic where they ran a database scan and was able to add the airport minus the NDB and VOR. Problem is a database scan isnt picking up the airport for me. Any suggestions? It is properly installed as far as i can tell.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply however i couldn't find how to add EAFS with the FSC Database Manager. I looked back through THIS thread and noticed FSC8.6 was used. I have FSC9. Could that be why I cant add it?

I couldnt tell you as I dont fly anything with a FMC. I would guess that you would have to manually add EAFS to the FMC's database using a suitable editor. As far as doing that, your on your own there, or try flight1's forum.

Also see this thread.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply however i couldn't find how to add EAFS with the FSC Database Manager. I have FSC9. Could that be why I cant add it?

If you have installed Andras correctly then run the database manager for FSC, it will add it as I have it. The only thing I don't get within FSC is the NDB or VOR. Adding the Airport to an FMC db is another matter. It will depend as to the ease of editing the relevant airport.db runway.db etcetera within the FMC folder. Let me know what you use and I will try and guide you through the process.

I already have the field added to the Mustang and PMDG and had no problems there. As far as andras being installed properly, it should be. I can find it in FSX no problem. I can even start FS and go to the airport. It also shows in the scenery library. It's just when I run the Database manager for FSC. I also tried to use AFX to find the AFCAD for the airport and noticed it doesn't detect it. I have to manually point it to the AFCAD. Could this be an indicator of what the problem is? Are there any other files i should be checking in for specific entries?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ryan, I guess it got something to do with your installation, must be something wrong. I use FSC9 and FSX on Win7 64 bit and after running FSCs db-manager Andras is visible in FSC.

So tell us more about your installation (OS, installation path.....)

As far as andras being installed properly, it should be. I can find it in FSX no problem.

Did you also right click the installation setup .exe file and selected "Run as Administrator"??

Hi Ryan,

i have had the same problem. And the following was the solution: You must cut and paste the files af_eafs.bgl and af_eafw_water.bgl from ...\Aerosoft\Andras Field\scenery to ...\Addon Scenery\Scenery. Then start and close FSX. After that you must run the FSC Databasemanager. This was a tip from Volker Heine (FSC).

Regards

Udo

Thought as much :) Looks like messing with an AFCAD to insert it. Funny that FSX can add them to the dbase but FSC can't!! One would assume that it would be the other way round :)

Hi Ryan,

i have had the same problem. And the following was the solution: You must cut and paste the files af_eafs.bgl and af_eafw_water.bgl from ...\Aerosoft\Andras Field\scenery to ...\Addon Scenery\Scenery. Then start and close FSX. After that you must run the FSC Databasemanager. This was a tip from Volker Heine (FSC).

Regards

Udo

That did it! Thanks for your help.

With regards to the scenery.cfg, i opened mine just to see what was in it and for some reason it said it was for FS9 and none of my addon sceneries were in there. As of right now though, everything works fine so I don't want to mess with it.

Thanks again!