crash after fsx exit... gpsmodule.dll

phxfan13

Hello everyone, first let me say the Airbus X is one of my favorite addons for fsx, and the model itself is amazing. I really don't suffer from very many bugs, but one that really annoys me. After using the Airbus X, and exiting flightsim, fsx says fatal error occurred and that's it. This wouldn't be a big deal but I use UT2, and when this happens and the next time I start fsx, UT2 won't run and it gives an error message that it failed to shut down properly. I have to restart my comp for UT2 to run again, and I am tired of having to restart after every flight.

I do know the problem with airbus x crashing on exit is not caused by UT2, because I tried installing the newest version of airbus x on a clean install of fsx (no other addons) and it still would cause a fatal error on exit.

I tried everything I could think of and I found that when I removed gpsmodule.dll from the fsx modules folder the airbus x worked perfectly, and I never had any CTD and it didn't crash after exiting fsx either. The only problem with removing the gpsmodule.dll is the mcdu scratchpad doesn't work and a 0 always appears. The line select keys still work and I can select v speeds by clicking the LSK beside each one. I read that other people on this forum have had problems with a crash after exit also and the cause could not be identified. I am really thinking the cause of this crash is due to the gpsmodule.dll in some way. I reinstalled, tried the edits for the dll.xml and fsx.cfg and it didn't work. If anyone else has any more info on this please reply. I would really liked to this fixed.

I use fsx with acceleration pack

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Thanks in advance for your help...

well yes and in the mean while i think i found why as it is the MCDU there cause the proble because it use that file and when that file is gone some funktion from the MCDU too. and now i have been tryeing to find the varialbe that caus the problem and think i found it or a part of it, but would need a bit more time. as there is stil 1 thing to chek which i would do now then i would like you to test it.

But plz dont create more post about the same problem, it just get harder for new 1 to find any thing

Ok now go chek it out have attatched the file and it is to the A321 CFM folder so go into \Aerosoft Airbus X A321 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems and backup your own file (Startup.xml) then delt it in the folder and insert this 1 then shut down pc when started again and fs running select 1 of the 4 A321 CFM.

Remember to put back the gpsmodule.dll in the modul folder.

So now you should be able to close the sim whit out crash. try set all the setting to maximum like i did just to push the test to the limits.

startup.zip

Thanks KAPTEJNLN for your reply and help,

I started this topic hoping a bunch of members would provide info about this problem. Does anyone not have a crash on exit that hasn't modified their airbus x?

Again, KAPTEJNLN thank you for your download, I will try it soon.

Well i also dont have the crash before i set all the setting to max then it happens on the test system whit only Airbus X instaled. and i should say that under same condition i am able to close a default plane and other add-on plane whit out crash. And whit this fix also the Airbus X. at the higest level, whit out use of the add-on program i normaly use to get 100% from the CPU

Well i also dont have the crash before i set all the setting to max then it happens on the test system whit only Airbus X instaled. and i should say that under same condition i am able to close a default plane and other add-on plane whit out crash. And whit this fix also the Airbus X. at the higest level, whit out use of the add-on program i normaly use to get 100% from the CPU

I am one of the users that get a CTD every time I use Airbus X and I am also getting a bit tired of it happening.

I don't run the settings at max but would love to find an answer.

Sadly Aerosoft don't seem to be interested in solving this problem or even make any comment that they might be working on the issue.

I am one of the users that get a CTD every time I use Airbus X and I am also getting a bit tired of it happening.

Are you talking about a CTD whilst using the Airbus (which is what you said), or just the CTD when you exit either the Airbus (select another aircraft) or exit FSX?

I also have been experiencing a number of error ctd's... but not always. At one time I thought it was related to FSX real world weather 15 minute changes, then static real world weather, and then I thought it was AVG (and I'm still a bit suspicious about that) but having turned it off and it still happens now I don't really know what it is.

The other thing I've only ever been successful once with is the 'Instant Replay' which virtually always ends in a ctd.

I'm coming to the conclusion that it maybe has something to do with clicking the mouse or keyboard too fast. It certainly seems that when I can control my impatience, I end up with a perfect flight.

I don't really care that much if it crashes after I've parked up, turned off and walked away.:)

Its a shame though that its such a sensitive beast because when its working well, and 50-75% of the time it is and an absolute joy.

John

Ok now go chek it out have attatched the file and it is to the A321 CFM folder so go into \Aerosoft Airbus X A321 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems and backup your own file (Startup.xml) then delt it in the folder and insert this 1 then shut down pc when started again and fs running select 1 of the 4 A321 CFM.

Remember to put back the gpsmodule.dll in the modul folder.

So now you should be able to close the sim whit out crash. try set all the setting to maximum like i did just to push the test to the limits.

i do not wanna be rude in anyway, but this is a work around, this is not the way software should work. In my opinion aerosoft needs to solve this with a patch update so that you can use the software the way it is supposed to work. I mean, you pay money for something that crashes the sim :) let's say you go to a store and buy a dvd recorder and it stops working but putting tape on it would solve the problem :) thats not the way i wanna spent my money :)

Are you talking about a CTD whilst using the Airbus (which is what you said), or just the CTD when you exit either the Airbus (select another aircraft) or exit FSX?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. All my CTD's are on exiting FSX after flying the Airbus no matter how I shut the flight down. I have posted elsewhere that the CTD happens when imagine FSX is writng files, presumably saving settings etc.

I would love to have this issue resolved as it spoils an otherwise excellent add-on.

Paul

Everyone that is having a CTD on exit, try moving gpsmodule.dll out of the fsx/modules folder. Don't delete it just move it out and into a safe folder somewhere not related to fsx. For me that allowed me to have a perfect flight every time and never a CTD on exit. I know this is what is causing the problem for me, and it might be the same for everyone experiencing that crash.

After that, move the gpsmodule.dll back to the modules folder and try the fix KAPTEJNLN posted and see if that fixes the problem. I haven't been able to try it yet unfortunately because I am away from home.

Also, I would like to state that this wouldn't be a huge deal but in my case this fatal error on exit causes other addons not to work the next time I run fsx. I get a message from UT2 that it failed to shut down properly and to restart my computer. UT2 does not cause this crash with airbus x, I really believe it is something related to gpsmodule.dll

It is right about it would crash when gpsmodule.dll is removed but it is becaus it have conections to MCDU dont remember what els but mane point is that if you remove the folder for mcdu, you would get the same effect no crash. but about my fix i havent heard from others there have downloaded it as it is hard to locate where the main reason is, i just tryeid test and test but hard to say if it solve it or not as i beleave to get it running good at any time there are more then just that as it is stil sensetive at startup.

CTDs and error messages are, by the looks of it, included in the Airbus X. Sadly...

Anyways, I would like to think that a high fidelity product, such as the Airbus X, should not be prone to these kind of errors! Moving .dll files around seems to work, but that should not be the only way to avoid an Error.

I love the Airbus X add.on more than my PMDGs, Wilcos and Just Flight products, and I really do hope the brains behind this magnificient product will find a solution to this!

In addition I'd like to add that a v1.23 update might be nice, in order to fix the remaining issues.wink.gif

Don't you?

• Upvote 1

so far i have found that by only using 1 file at a time the crach before start is when using the MCDU1bA321 and the file at exit is the MCDU1aA321. and after some tryeis i got the MCDU1aA321 working so it would crash but when you then try to use the b or c file togeter whit it also 1 at a time it crash again. but working on it but cant promis i can solve it. important is that this is test resaults can bee other places the problem is like gpsmodule.dll

Hi,

I have been having the same problem, that when I exit a flight where I used the Airbus X, FSX crashes.

I tried using the startup.xml file that KAPTEJNLN posted, however with no success.

This is really getting annoying now, and I hope the developers are doing something about it.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Regards,

John

well have a look here and try it, http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=41886 as in some way it seems it pauses the mcdu thats the same hapening when the modul file have been removed. also to confirm that i found where the problem is by removing the MCDU1bA321 and the MCDU1aA321, 1 at a time only then see when fsx stops the crash. As how do you want aerosoft to finde a problem they dont have, as more info we can give as better.

Hi,

I tried that, but it does not work.

I also understand that we must collect information about these crashes to help Aerosoft fix the problem, however I have no

experience with any file tweaking, or anything of the sort, so I'd rather leave it up to the experts.

arr sorry you have to delt the MCDU2 to dident think it would have an effect but testet whit it on another system and crash so try delt that 2 then it should crash but delt the mcdu folder insted compleatly would show im right.

Next is to find what causes it, i might think it is like LUA script to long dokuments / and in cominations whit more then 1 long dokument give extra load to find info, could crash FSX like the Lua script for Airbus X did for me and was solved whit the seperate files for goflight devices i made just by using shorter dokuments.

but stil cant garanty if it could be caused from somwhere els but removing the othere folders don help it stil crash only when i remove MCDU or gps file from modul folder it stops. just a logic conection, but have tryeid to edit it but hard as im not much in to it.

updatet 31/12-10

Here is a litel test try go to Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 CFM\Panel and backup and delt all the xml files inside AB_MCDU and replace them whit the files here. try fly a bit and shut down fsx and try end flight changes to another plane type. i did this and it dident crash. i know that F-pln page is gone and thats the meaning as it seems that some kind of problem is located there if im right and a few othere things, but hard to locate the problem by just delt lines to se whats hapening but thats basic what i did, to se the resault. hope it also make your fs stay alive all the time then we know if we have found something so plz try it. as now i could changes plane whit out fs crash a thing that wasent posible before to.

my test plane was the Alitalia airbus 321

Well I have tried both of your fixes... the first one you posted startup.zip didn't do anything for me. The second one you posted, demo.zip did help... at first when I tried it with just the a321 it seemed like it worked, I flew, used the mcdu, landed, and exited fsx with no crash. I copied the files to my a320 panel folders hopeing it would fix them also but it didn't. Then i started getting fatal errors on exit again, and it said "this feature requires smart assembly on this computer".

KAPTEJNLN, do you think you could maybe do the same thing you did to the a321 cfm panel mcdu files to the a320, because I would like to be able to get all of my airbus x plane working.

Thanks for your help