Aerosoft installer and Launcher

• Aerosoft

its understandable why you are doing this but there is one looming problem with Fsx.

Fsx together with its addons is a cranky old beast at best. Everytime it gets SNAFU and needs a full reinstall the hour approaches when a significant portion of the flight sim market just gives up on wasting another week doing nothing but reinstalling fsx then acceleration - then all the aircraft - then all the scenery. Anything that lengthens this regular pain we go through runs the risk of being the straw that breaks the camels back for another user.

After going through 1 reinstall in the last 6 months and contemplating another now due to getting a new pc I have to admit that the charms of black shark shine very brightly when I contemplate the masochistic week I'll have to spend getting fsx back to where it was on the new pc

Crowbar

I do see that issue. But compared to what we have now it would only take 15 minutes more in total. Just install all the Aerosoft addons as you always had to do, then open the launcher and activate all the addons, takes a few second per addon as you use the same tool for all addons.

I personally feel that people wipe their disks far to easy. Yet have to find a FSX that we could not fix.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When using an imaging software you must keep in mind that it only makes sense, when you back up all your drives! Just backing up your FSX drive makes only sense, when you have to restore a broken drive. In the case you have to reinstall windows, it doesn't help as you have then not the necessary entries in the regisry!

And if you want to recover on a new PC or if you have major hardware changes (like new motherboard, or even a new systemdrive) in case of Acronis you have to spend additional money for the PlusPack to be able to restore on dissimilar hardware. (in total about 50 Euro).

Personally I use BackupExec System Recovery Desktop Edition from Symantec. It is a professional Software (not so well known in the consumer business), IMHO much better then Acronis, costs about 65 Euro, but you can get for about 9 Euro per year a service contract, which gives you full access to the support and every new version (not only updates!)

Without adding too much to the thread drift, ALSO make a backup of a clean, virgin FSX installation. Post-patches and/or Accel. You WILL have a day when you need those default files and/or folders!

Now interestingly, and back on topic, I'm assuming that if this methodology IS used - imaging a complete drive dedicated to FSX - then there would be no call to reinstall the Aerosoft products using the newer installer as no hardware would have been changed and the product is restored to its original location, with no change in format?

If that is the case, then it's a yet further feather in the installers cap. It intercedes only when necessary... <_<

• Upvote 1

'Snave'

If that is the case, then it's a yet further feather in the installers cap. It intercedes only when necessary... <_<

Correct Simon,

If nothing has changed then all is fine.The only people who need worry are those that care to share there products,

Hi,

Just installed Barcelona FSX. When I want to activate, I have a microsoft error window.... when I want to put my Email....Very interesting...

How can i fly there??? thank's

Yves

Ps : here's a picture (FSX on W7 X64post-31966-055074300 1292961185_thumb.jp

Hello Mathijs,

I certainly have no problem with this. I noticed that the little program lists all of the Aerosoft products that are installed on the computer and I think this, by itself, is a great feature for those of us that purchase much from Aerosoft. It gets a little hard to keep track and this may help with that also.

I have no problems with any protective measures that Aerosoft takes and I have enough confidence in this company that I know you will always give state-of-the-art support for your products or protections.

I hope you will find what you are doing here very effective in curbing piracy, which is really a thorn in the side of both developers and consumers.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I use pairs of FSX config/scenery config files- overwriting when I change my flying region. This keeps the sim running as lean as possible (using different simobjects paths for appropriate AI- Works for me!). I also have moved some products to other drives (although this is not so important). This means Aerosoft products will not be activated alot of the time or even appear in the scenery config, when they do they might not be where you expect them to be. In short I am an incurable tweaker.

I have given up on a range of other products because I am sick of error messages and an incompatability with one other programme caused by their activation process. This new system seems less intrusive and I can't see anything to worry about, but it would be nice if you could confirm that this is unlikely to affect the way I run my FSX, now or in the future.

Keith

Newbie question: can you order, pay, and download on one pc (trusted environment), transfer the install package to another pc and install and activate it there? I understand that the e-mail address used for authentification will need to be the same.

In addition: Will the e-mail adress used for authentification at aerosoft directly have access to your credit card (e.g. Amazon) or will you need to through a second authentification/password (e.g. ebay/paypal)?

I have given up on a range of other products because I am sick of error messages and an incompatability with one other programme caused by their activation process.

Me too ...when the système begin very restrictif for use ... I no buy it !

I not imagine write a letter (X number add-on) for ask autorisation every time when I change a basic component in my computer...

I change a lot of time in the year component, ( because I test component, graphique card, memory, for a shop ) ... and I not imagine ask every time an autorisation by letter to Aerosoft for each add-on ...in this case, is necessary engage an secretary :lol:

Hello Folks,

If you change a component you dont necessarily have to re-install! Its only when you re-install that you have to re-activate.

If you have a job where you have to test lots of hardware then maybe putting software on it that needs this kind of activation needs to be kept on a separate computer instead, I would even think that common sense would prevail in them circumstances.

As for problems with any installer then you should write to support@aerosoft.com with any error messages you receive so the installer tech can look into it.

Newbie question: can you order, pay, and download on one pc (trusted environment), transfer the install package to another pc and install and activate it there? I understand that the e-mail address used for authentification will need to be the same.

In addition: Will the e-mail adress used for authentification at aerosoft directly have access to your credit card (e.g. Amazon) or will you need to through a second authentification/password (e.g. ebay/paypal)?

You can of course run the product on another computer if you purchased and downloaded from a different source.

As for the your query regarding the e-mail address and credit card, I could find your e-mail address at the shop but it certainly wouldn't access to your CC details.

Not quite sure what your really getting at though as crdit cards dont come into the equation regarding installing.

I use pairs of FSX config/scenery config files- overwriting when I change my flying region. This keeps the sim running as lean as possible (using different simobjects paths for appropriate AI- Works for me!). I also have moved some products to other drives (although this is not so important). This means Aerosoft products will not be activated alot of the time or even appear in the scenery config, when they do they might not be where you expect them to be. In short I am an incurable tweaker.

I have given up on a range of other products because I am sick of error messages and an incompatability with one other programme caused by their activation process. This new system seems less intrusive and I can't see anything to worry about, but it would be nice if you could confirm that this is unlikely to affect the way I run my FSX, now or in the future.

Keith

Hello Keith,

As long as the product was in the correct place when you installed updates I dont think that there should be an issue.

You can of course run the product on another computer if you purchased and downloaded from a different source.

As for the your query regarding the e-mail address and credit card, I could find your e-mail address at the shop but it certainly wouldn't access to your CC details.

Not quite sure what your really getting at though as crdit cards dont come into the equation regarding installing.

Thanks. I will try it out as soon as Jet Thunder is released.

As for the e-mail addresses, it's somewhat like a public e-mail address (for almost everything) and secret e-mail address (only for e-payment), where the later one is never even typed, let alone used with passwd but on a secure office PC. But don't mind, I'll figure it out.

• Aerosoft

Thanks. I will try it out as soon as Jet Thunder is released.

As for the e-mail addresses, it's somewhat like a public e-mail address (for almost everything) and secret e-mail address (only for e-payment), where the later one is never even typed, let alone used with passwd but on a secure office PC. But don't mind, I'll figure it out.

One small addition to what Shaun wrote.

Aerosoft does not ever get to see your credit card information. When you purchase something we send the order to Saferpay (a bank) and the only thing we get back is an 'okay' or a 'not okay'. We really feel we should never get to see your credit card. No need for that. None of our business.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

one small question about the installer and new products:

so is it correct that every new product will have this installer, and I can install all of these products on a computer which is NOT connected to the

Internet and activate it with another Computer 24 hours 7 days a week by sending you some data (for example Huey X).

And how long will take your response to me than ?

Best Regards Markus

Before the introduction of this tool when I had to reinstall a product, I look in your web for my orders and could find the key.

Now I don't see this option in the web. How can I reinstall your product?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco Mateos Vidales

• Aerosoft

Before the introduction of this tool when I had to reinstall a product, I look in your web for my orders and could find the key.

Now I don't see this option in the web. How can I reinstall your product?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco Mateos Vidales

It' still the same Francisco, the order history page shows all your products with download links and the serials. Just log on to your download shop (right side of the page) and you will find it. When not let us know on support@aerosoft.com and we'll assist!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't know where exactly to post my question, but I didn't want to open a new thread, because my question is launcher related.

I am a person who completely boycotts online-activation, and yes, I know I am quite alone with that.

But anyway, I really would like to buy new Aerosoft products. Are there plans to re-release your products after a certain period of time (maybe a year or so) and get rid of the DRM then?

I think (or better: hope) that piracy won't be a big problem then, so there is no need for the DRM, right? And customers who don't like DRM will be able to spend the money on products they want. :)

Win-win for all as I see it ;)

I finally would like to add that I won't pay for time-limited software that could stop working any minute (remember PSS).

But I do want to pay for good products. So please give me an opportunity to buy products without activation (like the Huey).

Thanks for reading

Volker

• Upvote 1