Arlanda

tuuli14

Good day!

Is it possible to get a new ESSA Afcac- file that repairs RWY 01R entering problem. I have some sort of anti- tank mine installed under the taxiway couple meters short of 01R. It effectively destroys all planes, FSX own and add-ons. Landing and taxing on 01R works fine.

Hello tuuli14,

Are you sure its the AFCAD try disabling it and running over the same part of the scenery. I'm not sure but I think someone did an AFCAD and posted it on the forum somewhere, maybe a quick search might find it.

Hello Shaun!

You´re right, I have no idea if it´s AFCAD or something else that causes crashes. I found a message from BRD concerning same issue, dated 23.04.09. There was also Your reply with AFCAD zip- file. I tested that without help. At this moment taxiways W1, W2 and W3 are useless. There´s also that bump at W6. Basically one can enter RWY 19L using W7 or W8 for takeoff. It´s also possible to land on RWY 01R, but that´s it.

So, any suggestions how to solve this small problem?

Sorry for my rusty english.

Happy Holidays!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem as described above.

I have been searching many threads to this topic. This one looks to be closest to what I am having.

Each time I try to enter or leave the runway 01R on the south end taxiways, the aircrafts crash. I have even tried the above mentioned afcads here http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20080&view=findpost&p=122645 but the problem is still not resolved. I have installed MEGA Airport Arlanda for FSX v1.00 from the boxed version. I did not find a higher version in the support database.

Is there anybody with a solution to this problem.

Looking for help

Chris Hecker

Hello Shaun,

thank you for the response.

I hoped that there would be a better solution for this problem.

To me it is looking like the runway has a different altitude compared to the taxiways at this entries, which is generating "steps" which cause the aircrafts to crash.

Kind regards,

Chris

Hello Shaun,

I have just checked the altitudes as suggested. This are the results:

RWY 01R: 143.2 ft

TWY W1: 142.7 ft

TWY W3: 141.4 ft

the other taxiways are showing 143.2 ft

All checks have been done on the centerlines in the vincinity of the crossings.

Will there be a fix for this problem available?

Kind regards,

Chris Hecker

Shaun

I also have this problem with the boxed Cd version. Incidentally i have GEX/UTX/FSGlobal 2010. Out of all my aerosoft airport addons this is the only one that does not work properly.

Running FSX sp1+2 on vista32 with Nvidia 8800GTX (768Mb).

Now, after loading World Aiports4 i also get numerous g3d.dll errors at ESSA and not at any of my other vast collection of aerosoft airports. i uninstalled WA4 but sadly this error now continues. Prior to loading WA4 i must of used ESSA over 50 times with none of these errors. I am at a loss.

Regards

chris

Shaun

reference to my above post i can confirm ESSA rwy 19L elevation 140.7, exit at W3 on rwy edge drops to 138.6 and crashes any aircraft. Airport elevation using AFX is 137 and actual jeppeson is 137'.

There is an obvious flaw here.

regards

chris

Shaun

reference to my above post i can confirm ESSA rwy 19L elevation 140.7, exit at W3 on rwy edge drops to 138.6 and crashes any aircraft. Airport elevation using AFX is 137 and actual jeppeson is 137'.

There is an obvious flaw here.

regards

chris

Hello Chris did you take into account that the the aititude takes into account the aircraft as well so the chart will be different to what it tells you in FS if sat in the aircraft.

I believe the Cessna adds about 3.7 feet approx. I am looking at mine now.

Looking at the scenery I think its an underlying problem literally.

Hello Chris,

So if the Cessna is at 3 foot 7 inches above the level of the runway and on runway 1R it says 140.7 then thats correct but when coming off the runway it drops then to 138.8 so that means the altitude is lower than the real airport. When dropping off this ledge you can see that the runway sits on a ledge as if raised if you drop the viewpoint right down. I'm wondering if the ground mesh in FSX drops away here.

Just tried your attached ZIP-file and no more crashes taxing along W1, W2, W3 nor W6

Great work Shaun :excellenttext_s:

Speaking about Arlanda and the area around 19L-01R at the end of 19L on the other side of the road this area IRL is actually more of a hill rather than flat ground and it's a popular place for plane spotters. They even built a small type of "shed" with walls and a roof and a bench and some info about different airlines etc on the inside of the walls. Looking in FSX this area is nothing but flat ground.

For any future updates of the Arlanda scenery (I for one would be willing to pay for the product a second time if you decided to make a 2012 version) it would be great if you could try to make this area a little bit closer to what it looks like IRL. I have included 2 pics here, the first one showing this area in FSX where I tried to approx mark the area that is higher elevation in the form of a hill IRL and I marked where this shed is built. The second picture is taken at this shed and you can see my son enjoying an icecream on the bench ;)

post-716-0-33049300-1327065534_thumb.jpg

post-716-0-99199900-1327065574_thumb.jpg

Found this picture showing the shed from another angle

post-716-0-66365500-1327066912_thumb.jpg

Hello Shaun,

thank you! :bow_down2_s:

Great job, the fix is working - now I can put the crash detection on again. So, the times of unpunished hard landings are over now.

Have a nice weekend - greetings from EDNY.

Chris Hecker