Ok, I will (nearly) admit defeat!

RussB

Hi everyone.

I have been fighting/struggling with Sqauwkwin for a good couple of weeks now.

I fly online regularly with VATSIM and have very rarely experienced difficulties in installing software and configuring routers, FW, proxies etc. HOWEVER I am now stumped! :angry:

I managed to fly at Andras last week and most enjoyable it was too, I had some very good pointers from Matt (thanks again mate!) and the initial problem seemd to stem from password issue with VAE. Robert very kindly reset it and off I went.

Last night, was a different problem:

Client

Ok so checked all configuration, as follows:

Firewall

Router

still no joy...

Please help as I enjoy tootling around the beautiful Bavarian Alps with a schonn kalt Stiegl (if you recognise that, then good on ya!

Cheers for any assistance

Rusty

Hi everyone.

I have been fighting/struggling with Sqauwkwin for a good couple of weeks now.

I fly online regularly with VATSIM and have very rarely experienced difficulties in installing software and configuring routers, FW, proxies etc. HOWEVER I am now stumped! :angry:

I managed to fly at Andras last week and most enjoyable it was too, I had some very good pointers from Matt (thanks again mate!) and the initial problem seemd to stem from password issue with VAE. Robert very kindly reset it and off I went.

Last night, was a different problem:

Client

Ok so checked all configuration, as follows:

Firewall

Router

still no joy...

Please help as I enjoy tootling around the beautiful Bavarian Alps with a schonn kalt Stiegl (if you recognise that, then good on ya!

Cheers for any assistance

Rusty

You should be fine with your 55009 port closed it will not effect your experience contrary to what the message says

Regards,

You should be fine with your 55009 port closed it will not effect your experience contrary to what the message says

Regards,

Thank you very much Robert for your swift reply. Will try it again this evening...

If anyone else would like help configuring routers, firewalls etc then let me know as I would be more than happy to pass on the knowledge I have been given by this most helpful community :rolleyes:

Thanks again and see you in the (virtual) skies soon. Anyone online this evening for some circuits, to test out! :D

Hi there Hawkjets,

RussB, the author of this thread, and I ("Rusty") are two different folks! :lol:

I fly online often, and I was fortunate to have been able to open all my ports with no problem some time ago. It seems that it is most often the router where some people encounter problems, but I suspect that properly defining the type of port may also be a culprit for others sometimes.

I am not sure if you are Alan, but there is a fellow whom I have had the pleasure to fly with online a few times whose user name is, I believe, Alan Hawkjet. If this is you, then Hi again, and see you online soon!!

Blue skies,

Rusty (not to be confused with RussB lol :lol: )

I am on later Rusty