Blank Screen running Windows 7

hartashford

Hello, just signed up!

Had CBS 1.3 successfully running on a Vista laptop which has recently died (although I seem to recall some problems getting it up and running to start with)

Just got a new Windows 7 Home premium 64bit notebook and installed from my original download.

CBS fires up ok and I can see and use the menus but have a blank screen when trying to run the simulator. The sound works fine but no visuals once the "Loading" screen disappears.

Running DirectX 11 and have tried running CBS in compatibility mode for XP (SP3) and Vista (SP2) with reboots inbetween to no avail. Also tried full and windowed in the graphics options with various resolutions.

There is reference in another post to "setting the Controls" but have been through the controls on the options screens and can't see anything that might do the trick. As I write this I did notice that not all the controls have key assignments by default. Does this matter? (I don't have access to the notebook right now).

Am I missing anything obvious? Does it matter that I have activated CBS on my old dead vista machine with the supplied serial number already?

Any help greatly appreciated.!

David

Hello Shaun

The laptop is a Toshiba L670-1DN. I don't have it to hand but I'm sure the graphics card will be up to the job as it is a decent spec machine and a couple of years newer that the Dell XPS 1530 Vista machine it replaced. I've done a bit of research around DirectX and I'm wondering if CBS requires features of Directx 9c specifically? I have seen elsewhere that the architecture of DirectX has changed over the last few versions (10 & 11) and is not necessarily as completely backward compatible as the previous versions were. Does that sound feasible?

Thanks

David

Hello David,

In a laptop even a brand new one does not mean the graphics chip is of the required type.

You can check this in the System Information, Under Components/Display.

If its of the required type you may need to write to support@aerosoft.com