Future Of AES

ridgey

Hi guys,,

my post in the AES forum wasnt generating any posts from admins, so i would like to post it here,, below is my orginal message.

Happy holidays gentlemen! :)

Hi guys,

I want to post a constructive debate on the situation of AES.

There hasnt been an update for ages, and i know Oli has been busy.

Would it be possible for OLI to train up a few people to program AES, so make the team bigger.

There are so many airports being released much faster than AES is coming out with anything, so would putting more people on the development team be a reasonable good idea?

Alex

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi guys,,

my post in the AES forum wasnt generating any posts from admins, so i would like to post it here,, below is my orginal message.

Happy holidays gentlemen! :)

There hasnt been an update for ages,..

Sorry, never heard such a bul...it :mad:

1. AES 2.08 was released Oct. 4th, there were updates 23rd, 26th, Nov. 1st and 12th! That's not "ages"! So this isn't constructive at all!

2. You have no clue what it means to set up a bigger team: One must take care for the quality; testing and managing a team needs time too, the same amount of time doing something like AES by oneself. It wouldn't speed up anything.

3. Next is money: Would you be willing to work for free AND commit to work on AES at least 5 hrs or more a week? NO! Would you be willing to pay more money for AES (maybe 3 times more?)? NO!

I guess you have absolutely no idea about this Flightsim business. Except Aerosoft and its staff, all others are no fulltime developers. They earn their money with other jobs and spend their free time programming tools/addons. Some do it for free other get little money to cover their costs for hw and sw.

So stop pushing those people or stand up and do it better then they do (in your opinion).

• Upvote 4

Otto, calm down sir

can you see at the top of my post, read it again, that i say constructive debate. not destructive.

I am saying that i would be more than happy to be taught up on AES programming, certainly, do NOT assume that i wouldnt. actually you don't know me at all, so don't assume anything.

The update i am refering to, is for particular airports that have been missed, and also a lack of forums posts from Oli,

So your post is really invalid, i look forward to other users input

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Hallo Otto,

there is nothing I need to add to your statement, all is fitting to the real life, thanks for you assistance here.

And, to the person, which name he ever has, who try to start a "constuctive" discussion, I only can say:

When you open this with the sentence:

There hasnt been an update for ages, and i know Oli has been busy.

and your post history is not offering a "constuctive" base and you answer to a "constuctive" statement of an other user (Otto in this case) is much far away from your own deffinition, you are not the partner, I what to discuss internal plannings. And as long as you not able to place you full name below you post, with a "phantom" I will not start any disussion at all.

• Upvote 1

Hallo Otto,

there is nothing I need to add to your statement, all is fitting to the real life, thanks for you assistance here.

And, to the person, which name he ever has, who try to start a "constuctive" discussion, I only can say:

When you open this with the sentence:

and your post history is not offering a "constuctive" base and you answer to a "constuctive" statement of an other user (Otto in this case) is much far away from your own deffinition, you are not the partner, I what to discuss internal plannings. And as long as you not able to place you full name below you post, with a "phantom" I will not start any disussion at all.

aplogies i usual have my full name in signiture

thanks updated