Reactivating airports after moving to new PC

pennkiwi

I have read the manual and cannot find a solution and have read through the forums and did not find a clear, step by step set of instructions. I have purchased a new computer running Win7 x64, dual drives, FS9.1. Everything has reinstalled with no problems - lots and lots of addons including many Aerosoft. AES 2.08 is installed, recognized and working. I can activate all the freeware airports but it does not recognize any of the airports I previously activated with purchased credits. I have tried everything I can think of - the resynchronize button etc. Please help - I have my entire system up and running fine except for this. I assume this requires some kind of online interaction between my machine and your server but I can see no sign of how to do this, or is there a file I transfer over from my old installation?

Thank you

Ian

Do you still have your old PC with the AES files on it? If you do you can simply copy your AES folder from the old computer and paste it into your Aerosoft folder on new PC. If you don't have a backup of your old files you can simply reenter your AES credit serialnumber and reactivate your airports.

Do you still have your old PC with the AES files on it? If you do you can simply copy your AES folder from the old computer and paste it into your Aerosoft folder on new PC. If you don't have a backup of your old files you can simply reenter your AES credit serialnumber and reactivate your airports.

That did the trick! Moved the folder over, clicked the resynch button and its's all back to normal.

Might be a good thing to be included in future manuals....

Thanks for the help! :D