Hi I'm new.

GordonH49

(Please read my last topic with the same title that I posted earlier if you don't know what's happening!)

Well, Just found out that I can't join that VAE because I'm not old enough.

So it is illegal to be 13?! Why didn't you tell me then?

Now what do I do? Have I just wasted my money?

Help would be appreciated!!!!!

Thanks

Hey Gordon!

No, you didn't waste your money!

You can still use Andras Field offline. Personally, I hardly ever fly online, but that's personal taste.

Fortunately, it's not illegal to be 13,

but it is illegal for websites to gather information (as the kind you provide when you make a profile) for people as young as you, if I'm not mistaken.

That's the problem...

Hi Gordon,

Please send an email to Robert@Virtual-Aviation.org.

He is the Member Services Director over at VAE.

In your last post he said.

The child protection act states that groups cannot collect information from people under the age of 13 so you are legally in the clear my friend! ;)

So everything should be okay as you are 13.

just send an email to him explaining the situation and what is going on,

Look forward to flying with you

Regards

Ok, this is what I sent;

Hi,

This is Gordon Hawkes writing as you may know me,

As you know I have been desperate to get an account so that I can fly online through your service. And I tried and failed! So I was given this e-mail address by a Ray Meer on the aerosoft forums and he said that I should explain the situation and you would sort it.

Well, you probably already know but I am too young, it says the minimum age is 15 but I am 13 which is under! This frustrates me because I really need to use this service and when I read the reason for the 13 age limit I was very angry. It's because you want to keep proffesionalism?! I more than know what I am doing in FSX Just because I'm a child doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing! And this annoys me. That a silly stereotype prevents me from using the service! I just want to fly planes and enjoy the new software that I got. There are many children, yes that treat the simulator like a game but there are also a few like ME who know how use it properly And fly just as well as some adults! I thought young members would be encouraged since there are so few in the hobby?

I needed this for the Andras field software to use it online. I have been asking a lot of thier forums about what to do and this is all I got; to e-mail you. I don't know what you can possibly do to sort it out for me, but something would really be appreciated.

Regards

Gordon

Well Ray,

No everything is not OK. All I have been told in an e-mail reply is that I am definitely not going to get an account! :mad:

Hi,

As you may know (Read past posts for info) That I am 13 and struggling to get a VAE account.

Just now I learnt that I wont be able to get one! And this has left me stumped since I now don't have anything left to do! And I am not happy that I have wasted this time and I suppose a fair deal of money. I have to be 15 becuase they want to increase "Proffesionalism" and I am annoyed because I can probably fly just as well as any of you!

So I was wondering if there is any other way I can get to fly online with you lot? I was really looking forward to this part.

I would really appreciate it! :D

Many Thanks

Gordon, If I may, according to VAE rules/regulations/blah blah blah...

No one under the age of 15 may sign up and join VAE... now if you would have read the VAE website you would have known this, and this is exactly why we don't let children join us, no common sense and lack of maturity.

Now, if you can actually show us how to act like a mature, sensible person who uses FSX in an appropriate manner, you might just be able to join us in 2 years or so!

You can still use Andras field but before you make a purchase and try to join things like this that strive for somewhat realistic manner of flying, just use common sense and read the terms+conditions, and requirements.

Now, onto your "13 is illegal" and whatnot. It's not illegal to use Andras Field... it's perfectly fine for you to use the program, you just can't use VAE until 15... now if you sign up under your fathers name, and tell us that you have... it doesn't really work because we know you're only 13... Lying only leads to bad things...

Furthermore, if you continue to state that " Because they want to keep "Proffesionalism"!

Completely GAY

I know how to fly. "

It only proves that your immature and you have no idea how to pilot an aircraft, let alone a flight simulator aircraft... I see nothing wrong with Professionalism, do you?

Please forgive me if I come off as a bit rude, but when your bad mouth a group for there rules it gets a tad annoying...

Good day to you sir.

• Upvote 1

Gordon, If I may, according to VAE rules/regulations/blah blah blah...

No one under the age of 15 may sign up and join VAE... now if you would have read the VAE website you would have known this, and this is exactly why we don't let children join us, no common sense and lack of maturity.

Now, if you can actually show us how to act like a mature, sensible person who uses FSX in an appropriate manner, you might just be able to join us in 2 years or so!

You can still use Andras field but before you make a purchase and try to join things like this that strive for somewhat realistic manner of flying, just use common sense and read the terms+conditions, and requirements.

Now, onto your "13 is illegal" and whatnot. It's not illegal to use Andras Field... it's perfectly fine for you to use the program, you just can't use VAE until 15... now if you sign up under your fathers name, and tell us that you have... it doesn't really work because we know you're only 13... Lying only leads to bad things...

Furthermore, if you continue to state that " Because they want to keep "Proffesionalism"!

Completely GAY

I know how to fly. "

It only proves that your immature and you have no idea how to pilot an aircraft, let alone a flight simulator aircraft... I see nothing wrong with Professionalism, do you?

Please forgive me if I come off as a bit rude, but when your bad mouth a group for there rules it gets a tad annoying...

Good day to you sir.

Come off as a bit rude? You come off as a complete patronising prick mate.

Just because he is 13, doesn't make him any less mature than a 15 year old. I've seen posts from adults on here that whine and bitch more.

How can you say, and I quote "It only proves that your immature and you have no idea how to pilot an aircraft, let alone a flight simulator aircraft." How do you know how he flies an airplane? Have you seen him fly? I am friends, sort of, with a 13 year old that can actually fly a real airplane, can you?

Do yourself a favour pal, shut the hell up before you put your foot so far down your throat you choke on it.

This is the second time today you Andras lot have forced me to lose my temper. Why do a few people have to go screw things up for the majority? Complete knob 'eds.

When someone acts so immature to go calling a group "gay" because of a rule, it brings that label of immature to him, I do understand that he's 13... I was really harsh on him, i apologize to you all for that.

I actually started flying lessons at age 10 becoming the youngest student pilot in my state.

When he, or anyone signs up for a VAE account, it states on the form that you must be 15+ to join, he has no right place bad mouthing us because of a rule that is visible to him.

"to maintain professionalism, no one under the age of 15 will be admitted."

When someone acts so immature to go calling a group "gay" because of a rule, it brings that label of immature to him, I do understand that he's 13... I was really harsh on him, i apologize to you all for that.

I actually started flying lessons at age 10 becoming the youngest student pilot in my state.

When he, or anyone signs up for a VAE account, it states on the form that you must be 15+ to join, he has no right place bad mouthing us because of a rule that is visible to him.

"to maintain professionalism, no one under the age of 15 will be admitted."

Congratulations, I stand corrected on your flying ability. Well done on your achievement, and I mean that sincerely.

As for the "gay" comment, I think you'll find that at his age it has a totally different meaning to someone of say my age, and maybe yours too. Personally I think it was intended as in "lame" and I totally agree the rule is very "lame".

Any 13 year old can come across as "immature" when backed into a corner. My "friend" of 13 can do and say some things that I find immature, but I still respect him because, like you, he can actually fly a plane. That must take a certain amount of maturity, and responsibility too.

I'm sorry you took the brunt of my anger, but as I said, this is the second time today that Andras stuff has made me see red. I am so glad I never wasted my money on it, because there's no point in having it if you can't join the on-line community and enjoy flying with other people. And after today, I feel I could not enjoy flying with some of the idiots in that community.

I can fully understand his frustration, and personally think that the product page should state that you need to be 15 to join the on-line flying community. The product is being misrepresented in my opinion, and in England that's a consumer offence, and one would be entitled to ones money back.

I apologise for being harsh on you, I was angry.

Thanks, i hope we can bring this disagreement behind us, there's been a bit of trouble at home for me so I'm quite a bit irritable

I regret purchasing Andras, it's just a waste of time and a huge trouble maker...

As a Vae member, i personally think that everyone should be able to have an opportunity to join, see if they can actually do what there expected to do, and I have brought this up a lot... but due to past issues with younger members, it's screwed it all up for the few that are actually capable to do well.

Cheers mate.

• Upvote 1

ATTENTION Everyone I just read all these posts an in no form was it Me typing this crap in apparently my account has been hacked (yes hackers have no lives an would try to hack a Aerosoft account) an I think Andras Field is the best thing to ever happen I personally have a plot there why would I talk bad about it so other people please be aware of links or anything you may click on since now somebody had hacked into mine hopefully by changing the password it will work out fine

• Upvote 1