New Aerosoft installer and Launcher

Mr. Kok,

All the products done internally will come with the system (and some where the external developers request it). And yes, as it develops it will see exactly what Aerosoft products are installed and will offer you the updates for any of them.

Thank you for making this possible; it will significantly reduce my workload in tracking and installing all the present/future updates.

I'm not really sure where all this is coming from but, I'm going to address this publically, for all to see, with your permision. So as to not let anyone ever question our good-standing (Product developer/Service Provider & Customer) relationship, that Aerosoft staff and their customers share (as well as many others).

We are NOT using it to find illegal use of our software.
While others here may have felt and expressed that to you in later posts (after mine), I want to assure you that I NEVER felt that Aerosoft was in ANYWAY harming or abusing their customers with protective or information gathering "big brother" software, in order to cheat or misuse us as customers. In fact, my posts were ONLY for my personal knowledge of the company's inner workings on products/updates; which may have been viewed as *complains* from time-to-time; but, were simply requests for just that - inquires for features, minor fixes, or major updates, etc.

As always, we have had a good working productive relationship with our exchanges and I see NO reason for any of us to feel anything other than that; we have a good respectful co-operative relations of exchange of ideas, products and services. While I may be speaking for myself, I'm certain that many feel as I do, and *We'd* like that to continue in a positive manner.

Have a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you Mr. Kok, and all of the Aerosoft Staff, Developers, team members, and customers/users.

PS: What other products, besides Weeza X, have this capability (to auto-update)? I'm wondering if I have one that already has this ability or I might have to shop for one that does; Merci!

• Upvote 2

Hello;

I just purchased Iceland X,and it did not come with this new installer,is this just for the above mentioned product?,or is this in all the new producrts.

Thanks;

Mark

Hello;

I just purchased Iceland X,and it did not come with this new installer,is this just for the above mentioned product?,or is this in all the new producrts.

Thanks;

Mark

The new installer will be on all products from Weeze X onwards. Seeing as Iceland X was released prior to Weeze X that would explane its absence

I kind of like it.. but will we be able to add our existing products to it to make a sort of flight sim library kind of like how you add games to your steam library or music and movies to itunes? I would love to be able to easily access things like airbus load manager or the season tools wthout having to make ugly shortcuts or navigate through the files every time i need it. also will we have to reactivate things every single time we reinstall them? i sometimes uninstall and reinstall addons depending on how much i use them and when i want them, and find it silly having to go through all that again.

liam

I think the new installer and the activisation thing is good. As we know there are a lot of Aerosoft costumers that don't go on this forum simply because they don't have a problem or they are not interested in the community, but when they do run in to some problems they know where to go-they write here or to the e-mail, mostly I think these are common problems so they are just doing some bit workload for you and takeing you from solving maybe bigger problems with the product,

So I think you could add to the activation log a banner or an place where to put the most common problem with the install or running(eg. win7 run as admistrator),

so they take less time from you, they are happier because they spent less time thinking about the problem and as the piracy is minimased you don't have to worry for supporting illegal products.

Or I see the forum button which is the same and I have wasted some time, sorry.

I think this is an excellent idea and will improve the user experience for genuine Aerosoft customers, as well as hopefully eradicate some of the more puerile questions currently fielded in the forums as auto-update notifications ensure everyone should be singing off the same hymn sheet. :D

Just one clarification would be appreciated: This will NOT apply to boxed products?

These, I firmly believe MUST remain independently installable without the interference of any kind of net referencing, specifically to deal with customers who DON'T have access to the internet (and if they don't, then they don't have the `alternative` offline activation method via email, do they?) :unsure:

As long as the box product remains free of `connective interrogation`, then I see no reason for anyone who has bought Aerosoft products before to have any further fear now - after all, semanticism aside, the biggest `risk` the consumer takes is downloading the complete package in the first place! Seems pathetic to have qualms about the installer after choosing to download the product in the first place!? :blush:

But I'm sorry, I nearly wet myself laughing at the most pathetic excuse ever for not using an anti-virus package! Once I got over the stitch in my side my question to forum moderators is, should someone who has that level of ineptitude about protecting information or consideration for fellow forum users actually be allowed to have access?

After all, most viruses propagate by spreading to others with information taken from the infected system. Even if you have no consideration for your own systems `safety` have some consideration for the others who interact with you, or get off the `net. Tigerclaw, you don't belong here with that level of risk inherent in your system for anyone, anywhere you have discourse with.

Personally I have locked Tigerclaw out of my forum views and PM, and I would recommend to all users that they do the same via the user profile option by left clicking on your user name top right and Manage Ignored Users. Like condoms, anti-virus packages are not just about protecting `you` from `them` it's also about protecting them from you. And the same goes for installers.

How ironic he could be so vehement about the latter, while being personally the biggest risk to safety, security and wellbeing of every user here! :(

Obviously, I won't see any retorts from Tigerclaw on this issue.

• Upvote 3

But I'm sorry, I nearly wet myself laughing at the most pathetic excuse ever for not using an anti-virus package! Once I got over the stitch in my side my question to forum moderators is, should someone who has that level of ineptitude about protecting information or consideration for fellow forum users actually be allowed to have access?

After all, most viruses propagate by spreading to others with information taken from the infected system. Even if you have no consideration for your own systems `safety` have some consideration for the others who interact with you, or get off the `net. Tigerclaw, you don't belong here with that level of risk inherent in your system for anyone, anywhere you have discourse with.

Personally I have locked Tigerclaw out of my forum views and PM, and I would recommend to all users that they do the same via the user profile option by left clicking on your user name top right and Manage Ignored Users. Like condoms, anti-virus packages are not just about protecting `you` from `them` it's also about protecting them from you. And the same goes for installers.

How ironic he could be so vehement about the latter, while being personally the biggest risk to safety, security and wellbeing of every user here! :(

Obviously, I won't see any retorts from Tigerclaw on this issue.

It's a pity you won't see any retorts Snave, because if you did you'd realise that you are ignorant and can't read! I DO NOT access the internet from my PC period, only FSX does that. My PC is for FSX ONLY. I thought that was clear by my previous post. All my browsing is done from my Mac, which I'm glad to say does not suffer from the Microsoft plague of viruses. Now whether or not a Mac can pass on a virus through forums and the like is quite frankly no concern of mine. I am very surprised that a man of your obvious intelligence can be such a prick, as to post something so outrageous just because you can't read.

• Upvote 4

Guest Paul Düster

Have a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you Mr. Kok, and all of the Aerosoft Staff, Developers, team members, and customers/users.

Thank you JamesChams! We, the intern Aerosoft-Staff, are giving the best wishes back to you ;)

• Upvote 1

Now whether or not a Mac can pass on a virus through forums and the like is quite frankly no concern of mine. I am very surprised that a man of your obvious intelligence can be such a prick, as to post something so outrageous just because you can't read.

Sorry mate, but it really is you that seems to be out of order here. I would have said you were the one behaving like a p***k, but that would've brought me down to your level and as we all know, when it gets to name calling, the argument is lost.

The first line of your quote above seems to actually reinforce what Simon was saying and on re-reading your posts in this thread, you don't actually say you never access the internet from your PC; in fact you say that only FSX accesses the internet.................from your PC, the one you refuse to protect.

Now I don't doubt that some people may get problems with their computers as a result of visiting dodgy websites or opening emails they should know better than to have done, but, for most normal people with half a brain and some free software from Microsoft, the internet poses no problem. I honestly can't remember the last time I found a virus/trojan/nasty thing on either my laptop (connected to the internet for 8 or 9 hours every day) or my home PC (FSX) which also happens to be the family PC with 5 users and is connected for probably around 8 hours also. Sure I get some spam email (maybe 25 a day), but these are viewed online and having used the same email address for maybe 14 years and had hundreds of thousands of downloads of freeware projects that included my email address, I see that as no big deal.

At the end of the day, what Aerosoft has introduced is no big deal for 99.9% of users and I suppose they'll have to accept that the odd person will be unhappy. But, it's not worth name calling over, is it? So, have a drink of something and we can both look forward to yet more bloody snow this weekend................whereabouts are you in Essex?

• Upvote 2

@ Paul: Yeah you're probably right, name calling ain't really the way to go. I might not have said specifically that I don't access the internet from my PC, but in all fairness there's nothing listed but OS and FSX stuff anyway. My PC is so bare, if it were a bone a dog would walk straight past it..

I still feel, and always will, until such time where Macs are under threat, that it isn't my concern to protect others from viruses and the like. If I was immune to a disease, why should I go through all the side effects of an inoculation to protect me and others from that disease, when the "other" still need the inoculation to protect themselves anyway? Or put in computer terms, why should I suffer the constant updates, and loss of resources to protect others when they have to endure them anyway? Selfish? Maybe yes. A risk? No not really, I'm pretty careful where I go, who I speak to or contact.

To say that everyone is at risk because I'm on the forums is pretty stupid really. And Snave has never come across as stupid, quite the opposite in fact. Leading me to the conclusion he's just being a p*^$*

I agree what Aerosoft is doing is no big deal on its own, they have the perfect right to protect their extremely hard work, but its the start of a very slippery slope trust me.

I don't drink Paul, don't do drugs, and don't do women anymore. Getting at Snave is my only pleasure in life at the moment laugh.gif My closest airport in EGMC

I don't drink Paul, don't do drugs, and don't do women anymore. Getting at Snave is my only pleasure in life at the moment laugh.gif

Blimey, in that case I can see the attraction of having a pop at Simon:(

My closest airport in EGMC

Mine too!

The only Mr. Hankey I know is a character from the US show South Park. I really don't want to explain what he is, because that would require quiet a lot of explanation which would go pretty far in off topic...

The only Mr. Hankey I know is a character from the US show South Park. I really don't want to explain what he is, because that would require quiet a lot of explanation which would go pretty far in off topic...

Some of us I think got yalaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif