New Aerosoft installer and Launcher

• Aerosoft

The new Aerosoft installer and launcher

The new installer and launcher system has advantages for Aerosoft (it protects our copyrights better) and for the customers (makes it easier to see what is installed and what updates are available. Using the new system is simple and only adds a few steps to what was used before. There are however four things that you got to keep in mind.

• You need to be connected to the Internet while the installing and activation takes place (there is an offline option via email, more on that later).
  • You need to be logged on as Administrator on your system.
  • You need to understand that the product need to be activated before it can be used
  • You need to know the installed files are customized to your order. Multiple files of the product will be marked so if they ever ended up on the Internet we know where they came from.

After the SETUP.EXE is started you will see this screen:

1.jpg

Click [Next] to continue, you expected that right?

2.jpg

Now you got to accept the license agreement. Easy to click [i accept....] but you might like to read the text at least one time, okay?

3a.jpg

Enter your email address and the serial code we have send you.

4.jpg

A few screens that tell you what will happen. Click [Next] unless you see an obvious issue.

5.jpg

One more...

6.jpg

The files are now installed. Will take a few seconds.

7.jpg

And you're done. Click [Finish] to close the installation part of getting the software in FSX.

Now Aerosoft Launcher will start and you will see this.

8.jpg

Click on the [sceneries] to open that section of the product tree.

9.jpg

And there is WEEZE X, the product we have just installed. By clicking on the [Activate] button the launcher will activate the software.

10a.jpg

Select the download shop you used, enter the email address used when buying and the serial code and click [Online activation]. You will see the program contact the server and do it work. Note that only appropriate information is send. Product code, email address etc.

12.jpg

Eh voila, the product shows in green and you can now start FS to start enjoying the scenery.

• Upvote 8

• Deputy Sheriffs

Very good idea!

And, as Waleed alraedy asked, will it recognize existing Aerosoft products?

And another idea: a comment field would be very helpfull to add comments e.g. about special settings one made for his individual installation.

EDIT: 2nd idea :rolleyes:

Access to the manuals, config/setup files (...traffic.exe, season.exe...). Like ORBX did it.

Its a PITA that we have to do this, but I understand why we must. It doesnt really add much or take much effort to do, so Im all for it, specially if it means we carry on getting great addons.

• Aerosoft

Very good idea!

And, as Waleed alraedy asked, will it recognize existing Aerosoft products?

And another idea: a comment field would be very helpfull to add comments e.g. about special settings one made for his individual installation.

EDIT: 2nd idea :rolleyes:

Access to the manuals, config/setup files (...traffic.exe, season.exe...). Like ORBX did it.

I like both ideas and got them noted.

Looks good. A bit longer installation, but if it will detect all the addons and monitor the copyrights on all aerosoft products installed, this is by far a breakthrough...

Funny that everyone seems to like this...

Personally I don't, but well...

Will this online activation stuff also become essential for any further updates for older products?

And what about boxed products?

• Aerosoft

Funny that everyone seems to like this...

Personally I don't, but well...

Will this online activation stuff also become essential for any further updates for older products?

And what about boxed products?

I do not think we'll start using it for older product, but I do think it will be used for boxed products later.

I do not think we'll start using it for older product, but I do think it will be used for boxed products later.

Thank you Mathijs.

So my DVDs/CDs and my download products (all registered and updated) which I bought to this day are able to avoid this new process.

But, if a new patch for any of these products comes up (or a completely new full installer) - would this require online activation?

Or, if I buy e.g. Iceland X v1.00 now and a patch might appear later, would this patch (or new full installer) use that?

I also like the idea behind it, i was waiting too long for a service that pay attention for me that Add On´s are up to date :).

As long as it don´t force me to be Online all the time and as long as it troubble me less than it is helpful it is welcome :)

Hi Mathjis, i have a few questions concerning the activation. It says older porducts wil lbe recognized autimatically in a few weeks. But what about Boxed Versions bought in the Online Shop before there were acoounts? I changed my E-Mail a few times due to trouble with our provider. So i don´t know which E-Mail was used to buy MA EDDF and which was used to buy the F16, they were defenitely different but i just don´t remember. Another topic is Boxed Versions in Electronic markets. I want to buy some products like Munich in my local store because i have a gift card from there, so no e-mail adress. Online activation is not the problem but the E-Mail, or will E-Mail only be asked if you have a DL product? Otherwise it could cause soms trouble. At least you could leave activation for boxed products, i buy boxed versions because i want to have the product independent from the internet, if you save them with the installer you could leave them out of the shop, it´s the same.

in the end i´d like to say that a launcher for automatic updates is ok, but the function as a prevention for illegal copies can´t work. I have to do a activation to use a product, if i have bad luck i have problems like described above. Others who continue to dl products don´t have the stress. It´s just jelling customers. And sorry if i don´t make my self any friends with the following, but copies won´t stop. I buy my products to have fun and support aerosoft, cause FS scene is small. But every system can be hacked, just think about Assassins Creed2 or even illegal office and windows copies. in my opinion the money should better be invested in new products and support. But it´s your decision, and i will have to accept it cause i like your products.

Greetz Alex

Hi,

Now that you have this kind of installer with new functionalities, it's time for another request.

Why don't you add a demo system (try before you buy for x minutes) like the Addon Manager used by FS DreamTeam/Cloud9 ?

Regards,

Emmanuel

• Upvote 3

Why don't you add a demo system (try before you buy for x minutes) like the Addon Manager used by FS DreamTeam/Cloud9 ?

Yes, or a 30-days money back guarantee like Flight1. That would be highly appreciated!

Greetings

Tim

• Upvote 3

• Developer

Hi,

Now that you have this kind of installer with new functionalities, it's time for another request.

Regards,

Emmanuel

I am with you, but please say me, why a product, which is 100% "Try before buy", can be tested for free without any payment, offers free airports costs nothing, is one of most find product on shared websites? How many thrust you request as customer from the producer, who is sitting 10 hours a day in front of his PC to make his best to bring a product forward, to fullfil the wishes of his customes to make him happy? Yes, you, who have payed for the products you use, you are the persons, why we do that, why we not stop our invest of time, ignore all the attackes daily readable in the net. But, we see also all those people, who upload the content 5 minutes after release, easy to use, requesting a "thanks" for there upload, frustated when this is not comming. Yes, ignoring is an option, but when you see, that you work hard, only for giving other the option to get a "thanks" for investing nothing, you must ask yourself, if that is the goal of your doing.

We have two option:

1) We come back to what the small FS community was years ago: We give respect to very one, who give something to the community, irrelevant what it is, help by problems, freeware or payware. When it is payware, we irgnore them, when it not is in our interrest, but we accept the invest. Irgnoríng a product is much more effectiv, then to say that is it "bullshit" but asking why it don't work on my PC.

2.) We define the end of a nice period, where a lot of people take fun offering freeware, payware and even only helpful assistance to other users and say thanks for this time and look for other nice areas of activities, to have a nice time in our life. By the price the real flight cost today, invest you money to fly real with the person of you love.

It is your (all) desition, which way you what to go, nobody will help you here, but as you all takes you freeness to makes what you do, keep in mind, that behind any product you buy, hack, upload or download, one person (or a small group) is behind, giving you the option buy and/or to "use" a product, they have the desition to produce the next addon and if there desition is "no", there is one less product you can buy, hack, upload or download for free.

One thing should in mind of everybody: When you have a market of millions of potential customes and thousands of producers, it is easy to to handle people with ignorant acctivities, but all this is far away from the FS market.

I don't have seen the installer yet, I hope Aerosoft has make him easy to handle for the customer, we all know that he never can be save against attacks, but maybe he makes it a littble harder to use the content for free. We will see, if he can help to keep the business.

I wish all customes a happy christmas and a successful new year.

• Upvote 3

I am with you, but please say me, why a product, which is 100% "Try before buy", can be tested for free without any payment, offers free airports costs nothing, is one of most find product on shared websites? How many thrust you request as customer from the producer, who is sitting 10 hours a day in front of his PC to make his best to bring a product forward, to fullfil the wishes of his customes to make him happy? Yes, you, who have payed for the products you use, you are the persons, why we do that, why we not stop our invest of time, ignore all the attackes daily readable in the net. But, we see also all those people, who upload the content 5 minutes after release, easy to use, requesting a "thanks" for there upload, frustated when this is not comming. Yes, ignoring is an option, but when you see, that you work hard, only for giving other the option to get a "thanks" for investing nothing, you must ask yourself, if that is the goal of your doing.

Hi Oliver,

if you are really with him, you have to think this point to the end. "Try before buy" doesn't exclude watermarking, automatically. So there is no need to answer your theoretical construction, but of course it was very touching. FSDT, including all its former development names are as far as i know the oldest active in the FS addon business. I think they know the market at least as well as you do and their step to change from semi-professional to professional this year is showing that they haven't the fears you have draft here, even without watermarking!? Are their customers more honest?

If you want fair customers, you have to share something valuable with them. And that is called a high degree of transparency (but it won't do any harm, if the Aerosoft own [!] scenery developments raise in performance and visual looking, too), which only can given by try before buy. F1 and FSDT seems to have reflected this point quite earlier.

best regards and happy x-mas

Commander-AUT

• Upvote 5

Will this new installer scan my harddrive and report back to Aerosoft what installed filightsim software it finds (Aerosoft and/or anyone elses?)

I have no problem with online activation, watermarking, or any other reasonable scheme to protect intellectual property. I do have a problem with marketeers invading my privacy.

• Upvote 1

The installer works great on my W7 64bit system.

I have no concern of revealing which addons I own because all of them are liecensed. I do not see a reason to react differently. There are vendors that do not even give a full access to support forum unless you show a proof of purchase, Aerosoft support forums are open wide (as far as I know). I think it will be wise for this (kind of) installer product to report to the vendor about addons that are used without a liecense, I hope the installer can do it as it is not fair for all the developers making their living from it not to do so. Those cases of illegal use are not considered customers that contribute income in any case, so I would not worry about them too much...

About "try before you buy", it's a "nice to have" feature but from my experience there is enough information about the product to decide if I want it or not and in special cases Aerosoft Customer Support are very cooperative.

just my 2 cents...

I have no concern of revealing which addons I own because all of them are liecensed. I do not see a reason to react differently.

You - having nothing to hide - may wish to live in a glass house without curtains, being followed everywhere you go by CCTV, and having all information about what is in your apartment, drawers, and on your computer available to anyone to go through at their pleasure. I happen to think differently.

So my question stands - what kind of information exactly is Aerosoft gathering about my installation, and how is it treated?