I'm Starting to get worried

rocky

I have spent the best part of a week researching the different aircrafts available and after owning the Wilco 737, I decided I wanted to purchase the Aerosoft Airbus X 320, which I did yesterday. I always fly with a main monitor and a smaller side monitor which I use for some of the instrument panels. After starting the A320 I tried every which way to drag instruments across to the second monitor, but without any luck. This must be in the instructions I thought to myself, but no. Then I began to despair, surely Aerosoft have not developed a machine that does not even have this facility... no it must be me, yes? So, can someone please explain how I can do this, 'cos it's driving me mad... I know it will be something simple... won't it?

I have spent the best part of a week researching the different aircrafts available and after owning the Wilco 737, I decided I wanted to purchase the Aerosoft Airbus X 320, which I did yesterday. I always fly with a main monitor and a smaller side monitor which I use for some of the instrument panels. After starting the A320 I tried every which way to drag instruments across to the second monitor, but without any luck. This must be in the instructions I thought to myself, but no. Then I began to despair, surely Aerosoft have not developed a machine that does not even have this facility... no it must be me, yes? So, can someone please explain how I can do this, 'cos it's driving me mad... I know it will be something simple... won't it?

Just use the "[" key to create a new window, right click on it and select whatever you want, zoom and resize as required, then drag it to wherever. Handy for keeping the MCDU on the screen, but can just as well be used to drag it off the screen to another one.

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. eer, sorry that's not what I want. Of course there must be a way of simply locating the separate instruments and placing them independently to the main monitor? How the hell do you glance down at the instruments when you want to read something, you have to zoom into them?? Surely not? This is a feature that is used on all the other add-on aircraft I fly and even the default aircraft, if this is the case then I will be extremely angry. I don't expect to purchase an add-on like this from a company such as Aerosft and not have a basic feature that is found on default aircraft! ....................ahh, Ok I've just sussed out what you mean. However, it's still bit of a Heath Robinson affair and far from satisfactory. When the aircraft moves so does the instrument panel!? Is this the only way?

Well just tested it and if you go locate your fsx.cfg file locatet here: \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

1) How to locate chek link (picture about RUN):http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=41047

2) back up the file or the 2 files (fsx.cfg).

3) open the fsx.cfg whit a text editor. and search for this: [DynamicHeadMovement]

4) delt the exsisting lines and insert this :

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000

MaxHeadAngle=0.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.000000

HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000

do the same for fsx.cfg nr 2 if it is there

and your done But remember it effects all displays including VC no more move ment but the solution for now, but yes a 2d mcdu is missing

well just keep in mind that some of the bug is only bugs becaus of manual flight which wasent the main goal for this project. as whit all autoflight this plane does as it should fly from a to b. but understan you guys as i also in some way was diserpointet about the problems for manual flight. and about 2d panel for MCDU there is only my post from the otherday whit the display as 2d panel display and use keyboard as interface as mcdu keyboard or push buttons. els this seems to be the only way to keep the MCDU keyboard on the mcdu to use whit touch screen or so.

To be frank, if that's the case, I'm bloody p****d off. That's outrageous and a joke. I don't expect to pay £38 for an aircraft that doesn't even have the same basic functions as the default aircrafts! Perhaps someone from Aerosoft would like to comment...

• Upvote 1

It wasn't my intent to cause a fight simply to show how frustrated I am at not being able to fly in a manner I have become accustomed with all my other aircraft.. Simply because you have a different opinion does not give you the right to be so dismissive of others frustration. Anyway, I don't use forums to throw personal insults and perhaps I respectfully suggest you do the same.

It wasn't my intent to cause a fight simply to show how frustrated I am at not being able to fly in a manner I have become accustomed with all my other aircraft.. Simply because you have a different opinion does not give you the right to be so dismissive of others frustration. Anyway, I don't use forums to throw personal insults and perhaps I respectfully suggest you do the same.

As you will have noticed, I had deleted my replies before you posted yours.....though there was nothing personal in them. The reason I deleted was important; kind of.

Whilst it is very easy to open a new pop-up window and put any view in it you like (as I already detailed above), these widows are only a view of something; you can't use it. For example, creating a pop-up of the MCDU takes less than 5 seconds (OK, F2 is a bit quicker, but not if there's no 2d pop-up!), BUT, the buttons don't do anything :mad:

So, back to square one. This is a VC only product and is designed to be flown from the VC - there's nothing to pop-up and drag to somewhere else. Is this really an issue though? Personally, I don't see that it is. I've been using it since the first beta and it has never occured to me that I would want to use a pop-up window of any gauge becasue everything is so readable in the VC by default. The stuff you need on the OH is easily dealt with just by using the hat switch to look up at the OH. Similarly, usin the pedestal and MCDU is just as easily done. In fact I never even bother to use the preset additional views.

Also, whether you like it or not, this is actually what you would do in the real thing and the point of a flight sim is surely to try and do things in a smilar way to how they would be done for real, isn't it? I know we all have habits from previous versions of FS and from the way other developers have done things (me included), but that doesn't make one way right and another wrong.

Have a go at using the AirbusX the way that it is, instead fo fighting with it to make it like somebody elses product and I'm sure that like me, you'll find that things you thought were an issue, actually are not.

Thanks for the reply Paul, I understand what you are saying, I guess it's a different aircraft and I will have to get into a different mode of flying. Apart from my big disappointment about this point, I must congratulate the team on what, at first glance, is a great product.

As you will have noticed, I had deleted my replies before you posted yours.....though there was nothing personal in them. The reason I deleted was important; kind of.

Whilst it is very easy to open a new pop-up window and put any view in it you like (as I already detailed above), these widows are only a view of something; you can't use it. For example, creating a pop-up of the MCDU takes less than 5 seconds (OK, F2 is a bit quicker, but not if there's no 2d pop-up!), BUT, the buttons don't do anything :mad:

So, back to square one. This is a VC only product and is designed to be flown from the VC - there's nothing to pop-up and drag to somewhere else. Is this really an issue though? Personally, I don't see that it is. I've been using it since the first beta and it has never occured to me that I would want to use a pop-up window of any gauge becasue everything is so readable in the VC by default. The stuff you need on the OH is easily dealt with just by using the hat switch to look up at the OH. Similarly, usin the pedestal and MCDU is just as easily done. In fact I never even bother to use the preset additional views.

Also, whether you like it or not, this is actually what you would do in the real thing and the point of a flight sim is surely to try and do things in a smilar way to how they would be done for real, isn't it? I know we all have habits from previous versions of FS and from the way other developers have done things (me included), but that doesn't make one way right and another wrong.

Have a go at using the AirbusX the way that it is, instead fo fighting with it to make it like somebody elses product and I'm sure that like me, you'll find that things you thought were an issue, actually are not.