Twin Otter Momentum Effect

STexan

I recently purchased the Twin Otter (v 3.1?) And I would like to turn off momentum effect when in pilot virtual cockpit mode, however I'm having difficulty finding where in the aircraft.cfg it is getting that particular view from.

As far as cockpit category views from within the sim, I can cycle through -7- "cockpit" views, plus a splash screen . The view I want to modify is labeled "Virtual Cockpit". However when I look inside the aircraft.cfg, I only see -6- cockpit view definitions.

The following are my (original) "Cockpit" Category view labels (as opposed to the other "Aircraft" category views ...

CamDef001="Right Seat"

CamDef002="Center Console"

CamDef003="Overhead Front"

CamDef004="Overhead Aft"

CamDef005="To Cabin"

CamDef006="From Cabin"

QUESTION: Where is the main pilot view (labeled "Virtual Cockpit" in the Twin Otter 300 Modern sim) getting it's settings from?

Bottom Line is how do I turn off momentum effect when viewing from main left seat pilot view?

For clarification I have looked in (active) fsx.cfg as well as camera.cfg, in addition, of course in the aircraft.cfg. I see every camera position/label EXCEPT the "Virtual Cockpit" definition. Is this definition (default 3d view) built into a core binary file somwehere?

I'm not concerned about removing the splash screen, although I find it interesting I can not find where this bitmap file is called from either with all of the digging around through every .cfg file I could find

I worked out my own issue ... after a little more digging, it appears (In FSX w/ Acceleration)

#1 Momentum Effect is global and turned on throughout ALL 3D modes

#2 the Default Pilot's 3D view, can not have momentumeffect turned off (and apparantly is hard coded into the model and assumed throughout any/all 3D modes), but the other airplane custom views can be set on or off via the appropriate CameraDefinition section in the appropriate Aircraft.cfg file.

To get to a resolution I was OK with I went into the FSX.cfg file located in a directory buried in the "users" docs area and found a line in the [DynamicHeadMovement] section ...

[DynamicHeadMovement]

MaxHeadAngle=5.000 (default throughout all FSX installs, I suppose)

and changed to ...

MaxHeadAngle=1.000

There were several other settings there as well, but I left those as is.

This still allows some effect, without causing vital instruments to go out of view for too long in take-offs and approach final turns, and other attitude changes. I suppose you could just as well set this value to 0 if you just did not want any head pitching.