Resume of the boardmeeting December 7´th

OleAndreasen

Resume of board meeting Tuesday December 7´th.

Present was: Matt (Event), Lars (Gliders), Chompski (Sales) and Ole (Owners)

Absent was: Ray (Online server), Sebastiaan (Seabase) and Darem (Airport)

We discussed an incoming proposal from JSALVA that he be granted the possibility to build a flat on top of his Hanger.

The Board discussed pro and contra on the subject, going through esthetic's of the airpark, over the fact that the hangers were meant as hangerspace for an aircraft and not as plots, and lots of things in between.

We finally voted on the subject and it was turned down 4-0.

But we also decided to look at other places in the map where we can establish plots, to serve the need for those.

The board also talked about the request to build a supermarket in Andras Field. Unfortunately this subject has been lying still for far too long. The board asked Matt, who accepted, to take contact to Wolfgang, the guy who wants to build the Supermarket, to get going on this subject.

And then the Board accepted that Darem, the Airport Director, steps down from his board position, and I quote: "due to the heavy pressure my job puts on me" unquote.

Also the board accepted that Sebastiaan, the Seabase Director, resigns from his board position, and from the Flying School, also due to real life interference. Sebastiaan has made his own resignation posts in the forum, so you can read them there.

I was decided in the meeting that Ole takes over the Airport Directorship again, and that the two open board posts (owners Association and the Seabase) will be filled ASAP. More on this last subject soon as we know.

Finally the meeting ended.

Resume of board meeting Tuesday December 7´th.

Present was: Matt (Event), Lars (Gliders), Chompski (Sales) and Ole (Owners)

Absent was: Ray (Online server), Sebastiaan (Seabase) and Darem (Airport)

I was decided in the meeting that Ole takes over the Airport Directorship again, and that the two open board posts (owners Association and the Seabase) will be filled ASAP. More on this last subject soon as we know.

Finally the meeting ended.

So, as I see this is that out of 7 board members, 3 being absent (-2 as they resigned), 4 in the meeting, that leaves 4 available to make derisions and vote. That leaves 3 votes to vote a member to another post within the same organisation. It's either me or someone's Maths doesn't add up?

Out of those board members available to vote it was decided by the board to elect an existing board member from one post to another!!!!! Hang on here, the way I see this is that Aerosoft built up the scenery/project to get it of the ground (true/false). As I see it this is now up and running and that Aerosoft will assist wherever possible (true/false) Aerosoft will maintain the scenery updates as and when necessary (true/false). It will now be upto the Members to elect and vote in Board Members (true/false)

I put it to the Board Members as they stand today that the Airport Director/Managers post NOT be voted into by the Board but by THE MEMBERS. To clarify who the members are is all those who have purchased Andras Field and all those who participate within the Fora. I'm sorry but I have not seen one POLL or VOTE option being made within this Fora. It's about time this Fora is seen to be a Democracy and not a Dictatorship.

It's also about time that certain members of this board so to speak learn to talk and discus matters in a respectable and dignified manner and not like I have seen upto now. Before anyone jumps on the band wagon to blow off steam, I suggest they read and digest other post prior to doing so. Let's start by having constructive criticism as it goes a long way.

• Upvote 1

And I forgot to say that my switch to another board position and the bringing in substitutes have been cleared with the developers before it took place. They all gave consent and said that this was to be handled within the board.

This is democracy within the board, not witin the Andras community. Matters of positions within the Board should only be deciced by a poll or voting throughout the community. As you now have lost 2 members of the Board, there must be an election pretty soon, and the whole Board should make their places availble as well, because of this "internal" election.

Thats my 2 cents!

And I forgot to say that my switch to another board position and the bringing in substitutes have been cleared with the developers before it took place. They all gave consent and said that this was to be handled within the board.

Ole, i do not think it can be handled among the board... sorry to "interrupt" again :)

in the election forum (which we cannot see by now) people were asked to give good reasons why they should be elected to this SPECIFIC POSITION, not to "the board". Some board members were elected while they were the only ones offering themselves to this POSITION, not sure they were elected if someone else was with them, nor if they were offering themselves to other positions...

My 2 cents ;)

• Upvote 1

Ole, i do not think it can be handled among the board... sorry to "interrupt" again :)

in the election forum (which we cannot see by now) people were asked to give good reasons why they should be elected to this SPECIFIC POSITION, not to "the board". Some board members were elected while they were the only ones offering themselves to this POSITION, not sure they were elected if someone else was with them, nor if they were offering themselves to other positions...

My 2 cents ;)

Actually very valid points Moshe. Can I please think this through and post more on the subject tonight? Until then you can consider me President of the Owners association again! huh.gif

Oh my god :rolleyes:

This is a virtual airfield, not the United Nations. Do you really have to waste your time and energy to get stuck in rules, regulations, inflammatory speeches for democracy and civil war? May I suggest that you ALL just enjoy the scenery, and if you have the time and the wish to contribute something to it, great. But don't, PLEASE, hit at each other. It's not worth it. It's wasting your energy - as right as you may be and as wrong the others might be - it. is. not. worth. it. and. wasted. energy.

Just my 2c ;-)

Bernhard, a born leader :) as always. Do you know why in Andras Meridian there is no mess and no need to check what is right and what is wrong? May I suggest that your integrity makes the difference. Andras Field was meant to be lead by the users with full tranparency. Integrity is not democracy, it can exist with democracy or without it, also with a board of directors or without it, it's not a way of doing but it is a way of being. How come that you know exactly what it right for AMA and no one needs to waste energy in order to show you the way? People just have to be 100% commited to integrity, the doing part will come by itself. My experience from Aerosoft Customer Service is 100% integrity with no exceptions, I wonder why this project does not deserve this kind of commitment. Just try it, it works! ;)

Oh my god :rolleyes:

This is a virtual airfield, not the United Nations. Do you really have to waste your time and energy to get stuck in rules, regulations, inflammatory speeches for democracy and civil war? May I suggest that you ALL just enjoy the scenery, and if you have the time and the wish to contribute something to it, great. But don't, PLEASE, hit at each other. It's not worth it. It's wasting your energy - as right as you may be and as wrong the others might be - it. is. not. worth. it. and. wasted. energy.

Just my 2c ;-)

couldn't have said it any better.

Thanks Bernhard!

guys, everybody, if you can't contribute in a POSITIVE way, I thinks it's better you do not to contribute at all. Well, that's my personal opinion, do with it what you want.

Oh, and remember, the main reason we're all here is to have FUN, and there's also something in this world that's called HUMOUR!

As Bernhard said, this is not the freaking UN or NATO!

guys, everybody, if you can't contribute in a POSITIVE way, I thinks it's better you do not to contribute at all.

Couldn't agree more but, I'd like to point you to a post by Ole in Andras Field - Flight School - No More Lessons - Post #19 and if 1 Director hit's out at another Director IN PUBLIC my friend, expect the Andras Community to air/voice their opinions/views. This is just 1 post by the same person, there are others knocking about the Andras Fora for you to check out and see if you then come up with the same opinion.

Is it not better to air such things in Private rather than broadcasting it for all and sundry to read and not expect a reaction from the readers!

• Upvote 1

Bernhard, a born leader :) as always. Do you know why in Andras Meridian there is no mess and no need to check what is right and what is wrong? May I suggest that your integrity makes the difference. Andras Field was meant to be lead by the users with full tranparency. Integrity is not democracy, it can exist with democracy or without it, also with a board of directors or without it, it's not a way of doing but it is a way of being. How come that you know exactly what it right for AMA and no one needs to waste energy in order to show you the way? People just have to be 100% commited to integrity, the doing part will come by itself. My experience from Aerosoft Customer Service is 100% integrity with no exceptions, I wonder why this project does not deserve this kind of commitment. Just try it, it works! ;)

Moshe. I share your love for the leader of the Andras Meridian - Darem. He really is a chap. However when you suggest that the rights in the Meridian is due to Darems integrity, then please bear in mind that the leadership in Andras Field has, for the last two months ALSO been in the hands of the same, born leader - Darem.

As for implying that the board in Andras is not 100 pct commited to integrity is a downright insult to the board and I really think you deserve to be banned for this. You have just given the entire board that was actually rightfully elected by the community a verbal finger, and still keeping in mind that your beloved leader of The Meridian, that would still be Darem, has been the Airport Director in Andras Field for two months, you have included Darem in that obscene gesture. And dont play the he-said-that-he-did-not-have-the-sufficient-time card, as you just stated that it is the being, and not the doing that counts - but Darem´s integrity didnt really help Andras Field much did it? time or no time. I have all kinds of respect for Darem´s integrity and real-life schedule, but very little respect for what you just posted my friend.

• Upvote 1

Sorry that you got it as an "insult", that was not the way to read my post. Maybe this will help: Integrity is nothing personal, it's not honesty. It's about (only as an example, to make it clear) go out to the public and say "we know we promissed you 3 plots every Friday but you are not going to get it so do not expect it". I hope now it is clearer. And about pulling Bernhard into this - please do not do so, his resignation due to lack of time is very consistent with what I call "integrity". It does not imply to him being a better or worst person, just shows his commitment to the position of Airport Director, thats all.

I'm not sure why trying to explain such basic things takes so much effort and energy, I tend to agree with Bernhard that it might not worth it :wacko:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Congratulion guys, you made it !!! :mad:

Ole is another board member, who resumed.

Now it's up to you, who complained about integrity and others things extremly important for this community (it's game!)!

I'm sure you will offer yourself as a candidate for the new board and I'm sure you will set very high standards for the future!

Otherwise: Speak now or forever hold your piece

Let's make this CRYSTAL clear to you all now. At no time or in any of my posts was I or any other member threatening, harassing, using abusive language or being derogatory to anyone within Andras Field forum's. Take it from me that if this was seen to be the case I/we would not be able to post what I/we have posted. If ANYONE within the Forum's warrant's a reaction from members then they best be prepared for others to respond.

Sorry, but as I see it it was his choice no one else's. As I and others no doubt see it, if you want to attack or make remarks which are not beneficial to the forum and I believe should have been made in PRIVATE, expect to get crucified for it.

Now it's up to you, who complained about integrity and others things extremly important for this community (it's game!)!

I'm sure you will offer yourself as a candidate for the new board and I'm sure you will set very high standards for the future!

No one is complaining but as you are unaware of various things I PM'd and sent an e-mail to Ole offering my services and to which day has not been replied to. Read that as you want to my friend. I have never classed FS in any version a game as you put it, it's a simulation. I believe that's what it mentions in the title or am I reading Microsoft Flight Simulator incorrectly?

Is this last remark of yours a threat of some kind, tread carefully.

• Upvote 1

Now it's up to you, who complained about integrity and others things extremlx important for this community (it's game!)!

Hmmm... I guess some of your challanging is pointed also to me? :rolleyes: maybe. So I will "speak now" :D

Firstly, I do not feel any achievement seeing Ole's resignation, so by refering to the "you made it" I cannot see myself one of the "guys".

Secondly, I never "did not want" to belong and contribute. When I first joined AF and they were looking for board members I tried to see if any of the still opened positions will be such that I will be able to conribute my best. I did not think it will be effective for those openings, so I tried to "invent" a new position just in order to contribute from my experience (Division Conflict Resolusion Manager in VATSIM for three years) but my offer was rejected cynicaly by Mathijs saying "let's hold your position until we have problems".

So I continued to do my best from the outside... not ideal and i'm not perfect, but after I purchased my plot I found out the need for everyone to be treated equally and with respect, so I started a proccess of creating our "Code of Conduct" which is pinned until today. I wrote an email to Ole and Mathijs with a copy to Aerosoft CEO Mr. Diekmann explaining the importance of the support of Aerosoft to such CoC, sent with a preliminary text of how I think it should look like. Jane kindly made it a bit more gentle and friendly and this is how our Code of Conduct was born. Mathijs then told me that he would like to give me an access to the board forum in order to be able to contribute in my way, but nothing came out of it (except I got a free download for my "contibution to Andras Field", appreciate it).

After a while, when user Toby had this dissapointment from the plot sales I have tried to speak for these guys. I was very angry because exactly at that time people were fighting to get a plot and were rejected time after time and "suddenly" the plots of Ole and Bruce "poped up" from nowhere and without any bidding, notification nor explanation. After I expressed my anger by PM to mathijs I was notified by him that they now start a new sale methode of three plots every Friday. We all saw it starting very nicely and somewhere disappearing.

I do not think I was wanted "on-board" but I did not really care because I felt contributing from the outside in my own way. Due to my nature / culture / don't know what, it looks as my criticism (meant to be positive) is taken in a personal and negative way, I have not much to do about it but to try and be a bit more gentle... as to a board position - I don't feel like pushing myself to a place I was rejected from, maybe a QA manager will do :lol:

Otto, you know I respect you, I hope this "speaking" is enough for you for now :) Sorry about Ole, did not aim for it.

I started to get really interested in this Andras Field idea a little while ago now. I've been following threads, reading posts, and trying to get a handle on what goes on etc.

After reading this thread, and the one where Ole resigned his position, and boy am I happy I didn't waste my money. What a bunch of dick heads!

It's obvious to me that Ole was more or less forced to resign his position just because a couple of people didn't like the way things were being done.

No way should anyone have to put up with this sort of treatment, and I blame the admins at this forum for not putting a stop to it.

I'm going to make this my last post at these forums, so feel free to come back with your defences I really don't give a crap. I'm not going to waste my time sifting through all the garbage to find the content that is actually relevant to what I'm interested in. Someone needs to do their job, monitor these fora, and do something about the haters who have nothing better to do than slag someone else off. If you can't do that job properly, you resign and give someone else a chance to weed out the pathetic excuses for human beings posting complete rubbish on here.

Ole, I'm really sad you took the decision to resign and let these people force you out. It's a shame.

You all have a good life now you hear.

• Upvote 3

...After reading this thread, and the one where Ole resigned his position, and boy am I happy I didn't waste my money...

Now that's a shame. Regardless of whatever you may or may not feel about these forums, the Andras Field scenery package, viewed purely from the objective vantage point as an FSX addon, is a superior and exceptionally well done scenery package. It is incredibly detailed and is situated in a lovely and centrally located part of Europe.

I would say don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Give this terrific scenery addon a chance, I am confident that you will love it if you are a scenery nut as I am lol :lol: .

Blue skies,

Rusty