I still have some problems in Airbus X

seafloorwaves

1. If i perform an auto land, the upper part of the PFD will show the land mode. But if I disengage the auto pilot, the things gone and only keep the "speed" on the upper left conner. How to fix this problem?

2. If i use the speed of Vapp to land, which about 130 kts, the angle of elevation will become 4-6 degree. I think it is a little bit large. Because the real landing video in youtube only have 2-3 degree at Vapp. Is this my problem on CG or something else?

3. When I disengage the autopilot, the nose move up and then down. How to make it more smooth?

Hi. Disengaging the autopilot will disengage the autoland too. For full autoland both AP1 and AP2 should be engaged. The speed set will remain on the PFD as this is controlled by the autothrottle. To take manual control of the aircraft you need to disengage the autothrottle too.

Not much can be done about the angle of attack on Auto Land. However i would suggest you experiment with the commanded speed to adjust the pitch.

Nose drop has been an issue on AP disconnect from the start for some users. Hopefully this will be adressed at some point. Until then I'd recommend only disengaging the AP at 2000-3000 ft, this should give you time to regain control.

Chris

I don't know about 1, as I never autoland, 3 however is a known issue and will hopefully be corrected with a future update. The trick at the moment is not to correct the deviation manually as after a second or two it returns to normal.

2 is the one that interests me, as i've never been able to land satisfactorily using autothrust. The VAPP seems a bit low (??) and I end up under the glideslope at a normal attitude and desperately chasing the needles if I use Autothrust in managed mode. As such, I always use manual thrust and factor in an extra 10 knots approx, so with the A320 I approach at 140kts, with the A321 it's roughly 150kts. Seems a bit fast for a bird this size, and the landings are firm to say the least, but it beats a possible tailstrike with managed Autothrust where I end up in flare for about the last 1000ft! Obviously this is all with the AP disengaged.

Would be interested to hear more about VAPP speeds with this bird. I note its not possible to alter it in the FMS.

Hi. Disengaging the autopilot will disengage the autoland too. For full autoland both AP1 and AP2 should be engaged. The speed set will remain on the PFD as this is controlled by the autothrottle. To take manual control of the aircraft you need to disengage the autothrottle too.

Not much can be done about the angle of attack on Auto Land. However i would suggest you experiment with the commanded speed to adjust the pitch.

Nose drop has been an issue on AP disconnect from the start for some users. Hopefully this will be adressed at some point. Until then I'd recommend only disengaging the AP at 2000-3000 ft, this should give you time to regain control.

Chris

Thank you for your reply. However, my main problem on (1) is that the system will not turn to LAND mode if I manual land.

Thank you for your reply. However, my main problem on (1) is that the system will not turn to LAND mode if I manual land.

If you manual land, then the PFD won't display land. It's only displayed as part of the Auto Land function to confirm the current stage of the approach to give the pilot confidence the aircraft is performing its command as instructed.

Landing manually you will get the GPWS callouts and its your discretion to continue or abort the landing.

Chris

If you manual land, then the PFD won't display land. It's only displayed as part of the Auto Land function to confirm the current stage of the approach to give the pilot confidence the aircraft is performing its command as instructed.

Landing manually you will get the GPWS callouts and its your discretion to continue or abort the landing.

Chris

Is it same in reality?

Is it same in reality?

I'm not a real pilot, but as far as I understand it, 'LAND' and 'FLARE' etc are only displayed on the PFD as part of the autoland when both AP1 and AP2 are engaged.

During development Airbus X was developed as close to A320/1 system specs and logic as was possible.

Chris

I'm not a real pilot, but as far as I understand it, 'LAND' and 'FLARE' etc are only displayed on the PFD as part of the autoland when both AP1 and AP2 are engaged.

During development Airbus X was developed as close to A320/1 system specs and logic as was possible.

Chris

Thank you very much, Chris :-)