Can't engage Authothrottle/Autopilot dives after Takeoff

Pies

Hi everyone,

I am following the tutorial flight but am having some major problems. Firstly, after takeoff, I cannot engage the autothrottle. I have to completely manually manage the throttles in the climb. Also, the Virtual Cockpit throttles do not move at all ,despite the fact that my hardware throttle is clearly causing changes in N1, EGT, etc.

Secondly, after engaging the AP after takeoff, the Aircraft starts to decend into the ground. This was the AP Panel at the time of both incidents listed above:

2010-12-3_14-24-4-107.jpg

Furthermore, I'm getting black splashes on the udnerside of my AC:

2010-12-3_14-26-3-471.jpg

Thank you very much,

Jack

The A/THR automatically engages, but, the fact you're able to control power whilst also not seeing the levers move suggests you have some kind of hardware issue. It's worth looking through some of the threads concerning the throttles.

Did you push or pull the ALT knob?

Hi Guys,

Yes you're correct. I have a saitek Pro Flight Quadrant and it controls the aircraft's engines fine. I can move from full to idle without any problems and reverse is also no hassle.

HOWEVER, no matter what I do, the levers in the FSX Virtual Cockpit stay in the idle position. In other words, I have full throttle control, but my VC and "real-life" throttles disagree.

I tried pushing AND pulling the ALT knob; no real difference.

Hi Guys,

Yes you're correct. I have a saitek Pro Flight Quadrant and it controls the aircraft's engines fine. I can move from full to idle without any problems and reverse is also no hassle.

HOWEVER, no matter what I do, the levers in the FSX Virtual Cockpit stay in the idle position. In other words, I have full throttle control, but my VC and "real-life" throttles disagree.

I tried pushing AND pulling the ALT knob; no real difference.

I understood the throttle problem the first time and as I said already, look at some of the threads concerning this as it's obvious your controller is not doing anything in the VC, although you do at least seem to have control of the power.

However, given you have the throttle problem, AP not controlling ALT and dodgy textures, it might be reasonable to assume something is screwed up.

So, try uninstalling the AirbusX and re-installing. If you have a download version, go to your account and download a new installer for version 1.22, not the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

The aircraft is still unflyable. After a re-installation I am still having the throttle problems. I have tried configuring with (registered) FSUIPC too... No luck.

The VC throttle does not respond whatsoever to my throttle, despite the fact that N1 on both engines clearly rises.

Jack

Hello there,

The aircraft is still unflyable. After a re-installation I am still having the throttle problems. I have tried configuring with (registered) FSUIPC too... No luck.

The VC throttle does not respond whatsoever to my throttle, despite the fact that N1 on both engines clearly rises.

Jack

Why is it unflyable?

And, as you've now told us you have FSUIPC, perhaps you could also tell us if you've done anything about reading the threads concerning the throttle. Also, have a look at the one that deals with FSUIPC.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39275

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=40453

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=37876