Cloud9 Amsterdam & AES

martinlest

I have recently installed Cloud9's Amsterdam EHAM, but I am presented with a problem. The Cloud9 installer adds the three EHAM scenery folders (city, terrain and airport) to the very top of the scenery library. If I move them further down, all the jetways disappear from the airport and I get odd artefacts appearing (I can post screenshots if needs be, but I guess you'll take my word for it!).

So I have a dilemma: if I leave the Amsterdam sceneries at the top of the scenery library, there is no AES at the airport - I get "Blocks in position" but that is all - no marshaller or vehicles and Ctrl+Shift+W does nothing. If I move the AES entry back where it should be at the top the EHAM scenery becomes corrupt - no jetways, odd artefacts, bits of scenery hanging in mid-air.

Is this a quirk of Cloud9 or of my system (Win7 64-bit & FS9.1)? - I have posted at the Cloud9/FSDT forum (no reply as yet), but I am posting here as well to ask if there is any way I can get AES working for this airport but still have the AES entry just below EHAM in the scenery library. (If there were a way, I could use that scenery.cfg file only when I fly to/from EHAM, and the 'normal' one, with AES at the top, for all other flights). I have given up trying to adjust things in the scenery.cfg file: as soon as I move the Cloud9 airport away from top position, well, it becomes unusable basically (why would that be??!).

At worst I am going to have to fly from Amsterdam with no AES (even though I have added the 5 credits now - wish I hadn't!). But maybe there's a 'workaround'?

Many thanks,

Martin

There are some screenshots of the problem here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3850.0

I should add in this forum that, although in the setup I described in the above thread (default FS9.1 + EHAM +AES) AES works fine at the default Nuernberg airport (EDDN), with Ctr+Shift+W bringing up the menu and the marshaller and vehicles all working as they should, at the Cloud9 EHAM I get the message 'Blocks in Position" and then no more. Ctr+Shift+W doesn't bring up the menu and nothing else happens.

Does anyone have this airport and AES working? I have spent days (literally) trying to get this to work and am beginning to think it has all been a big waste of time - and money ! :-)

many thanks,

Martin

.... after a while sitting at EHAM, I get a red error window "Scenery Protection active, AES deactivated!".... All still fine at EDDN meanwhile.

Searching for "Scenery Protection active" in this forum will give you several post that can give you directions.

Rob

I already have the latest version of EHAM from the FSDT website (and AES 2.08), paid up and fully registered.. Also, as this was a test setup (as per my FSDT thread) I have no clashing sceneries - but exactly the same thing happens in my full DS9 setup on my FS PC.

Still at a loss after reading other posts I'm afraid.

Martin

I already have the latest version of EHAM from the FSDT website (and AES 2.08), paid up and fully registered.. Also, as this was a test setup (as per my FSDT thread) I have no clashing sceneries - but exactly the same thing happens in my full DS9 setup on my FS PC.

Still at a loss after reading other posts I'm afraid.

Martin

In which directory did you install FS9 because it sounds like you have a Windows7 UAC problem?

Read these topics: link1 and the 4th post in this Link2

Vista UAC works the same as Windows 7 UAC

Rob

FSDT gave the following reply. Maybe Herr Pabst can advise? :-)

"When you add AES, and put its layer on top, which is the right place, AES manages to successfully exclude the vehicles and the jetways, which is what is supposed to do, but it fails to replace them with its own (which is normal for the vehicles, since they should appear only when asked for in AES), but it's NOT normal for jetways.

You'll have to ask on Aerosoft forum about this, because it's nothing related to the scenery itself."

• Developer

First please check to start AESHelp and doubleclick EHAM in the airportlist, so that it is OFF in front (deactive).

The start the FS and check if you see the static Jetways of the scenery there.

Then stop the FS, start AESHelp again and doubleclick EHAM to set it back to FS9 in front.

When you start the FS now, you should have the Jetways of AES.

Turned EHAM off in AES and in FS9 the static Cloud9 jetways were present. So I closed FS9 and turned EHAM back on in AES and tried again. The mobile AES jetways are there (they look exactly the same at this airport as the cloud9 default jetways) and, even better, AES now works just fine at the airport now, with all services. Must have been turning AES off and back on that fixed it?

That said, it is VERY strange that when I tried this on my 'out-of-the-box' FS9 setup (as explained in the FSDT forum, above link) it didn't work. I had a clean installation of FS9.1 with the Cloud9 EHAM and AES only as 3rd. party addons - and I had the problems I have explained here. Now all is OK - well, better I just go back and enjoy my FS9 and not think about it any more!

Thank you Oliver!! I'll post back here if anything goes wrong again - I've spent so long trying to fix this problem that I can hardly believe it's working now!

Martin