Andras Field updates.

maddz 737

Hi.

i've only just updated my andras field to 1.13, after installing the 1.12 update.

i simply downloaded the updates, opened them in winzip,and extracted the aerosoft file (in the zip) to C:\FSX\AEROSOFT

Started up the Sim, but see any diffrence.1st, i thought i read somewhere that there was now snow at andras, that i dont have.

andrasnosnow.jpg

It also says that the military base has been cleared, but i dont see that iether

militarybase.jpg

ALSO,the 'joke' house and still there -

housesq.jpg

Is this how it should be, and i've just totally misread something, or am i missing something? :confused_s:

It looks like you havent applied the updates properly. For me 1.13 has certainly cleared the Military area.

Did you aply 1.11 ontop of the retail 1.10 version, prior to installing 1.12 and then 1.13?

Yes the frames are more than do-able :D

As for the updates, i HAD to install them manually, extracting them to the fsx directory didnt work for me (even tho when i did do it through winzip, it asked to overwrite and i said yes it wasnt doin it-win7 trying to own me again..i hate win7! :mad: )

So now the joke house has gone ( the sigh is still there tho), the military base is now clear..but again..even with season set to winter..NO SNOW!! :angry:

Any ideas? :huh:

Well its designed to fit in with Germany VFR 3 (eastern Germany)which has only the one season. But we did get autumnal textures, so maybe we will be lucky and Andras will give us Winter wonderland textures in a future update?

The problem here being pleasing everyone. Change it to snow and the people with VFR Germany will have a big white blob in their lush green countrside, leave it as is, and those of us without VFR Germany will moan because it looks odd. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. What ever is done someone will not be happy. I suppose you could always set you system to spring time, the textures should still work pretty well then :lol:

Hi Folks,

Perhaps one workaround would be to utilize a similar approach employed by the FSAddon folks for, say, their Plum Island package. This cute little scenery addition to an area in coastal New England, USA provides for the user to switch between summer and winter versions of the scenery textures. This is done by executing batch files that essentially swap [between] two sets of textures for the package when desired. Now, this would for sure entail a bit more work on Andras's part, but I am sure that it is something that he & the Aerosoft folks might be open to considering. In this way, there may indeed by a tiny bit of something to please most :)).

Here is an excerpt from the Plum Island manual:

"Switching Between Summer and Winter Textures:

FSX is a leap forward in many ways from previous versions. In the march of progress, a few details

fell between the cracks. One of these was the loss of seasonal textures for models. As a result, if a

scenery uses seasonally-specific models, such as the trees around the airport in Plum Island, they

use the same textures year-round. Our workaround for this is to include a pair of batch files that

let you replace your summer textures with winter versions when flying in winter, then back to nonwinter

after the thaw.

Activating & Deactivating Winter Textures:

To bring on the snow, go to your root FSX folder and look in the FSAddon/Plum Island/Texture directory. Then double-click "use_winter_

textures.bat". This copies the appropriate files from the "winter" subfolder to your main texture folder. When you've decided to fly in the

warmer months, just click "use_non_winter_textures.bat" to copy the files from "non-winter" to your main texture directory."

Well its designed to fit in with Germany VFR 3 (eastern Germany)which has only the one season. But we did get autumnal textures, so maybe we will be lucky and Andras will give us Winter wonderland textures in a future update?

The problem here being pleasing everyone. Change it to snow and the people with VFR Germany will have a big white blob in their lush green countrside, leave it as is, and those of us without VFR Germany will moan because it looks odd. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. What ever is done someone will not be happy. I suppose you could always set you system to spring time, the textures should still work pretty well then :lol: