American Aerolites Falcon: initial release issues

Shaun Fletcher

Good evening Shaun,

First of all a small message to congratulate all the team in AEROSOFT and say this Falcon bird is a really good one!

Apart from this, there was a slight bug during the end of the software's installation, a window did not wished to close, I had to wait few second, and finally the window saying the installation was finished popped up. I have been restarting the laptop, and everything is fine now. I could fly yesterday for around 20 minutes......:rolleyes: really cool plane, easy to fly.

Cheers.

Vincent

Here is my config:

Dell XPS M1530 Core 2 duo T7700 2,4 GHz - 4 Go DDR2 SDRAM - NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT 512 Mo -

Windows XP SP3 - FSX Acceleration

Congratulations! I already love this bird.

Two bugs so far:

No roll sound on ground. There is no acustic reference for touchdown.

Flying with gusts sometimes the wind sound are not smooth enough. I mean, it is bit too "digital". Either wind sound on oder wind sound off.

Reducing thrust from 100 to about 80 % makes no difference in engine sound. These changes should be more pronounced.

No roll sound on ground. There is no acustic reference for touchdown.

FSX issue. FSX is stupid on light aircrafts. We had the same problem with the Discus. We had to fake it with AES wich is not included in the Falcon. So no ground sound. Maybe in a service pack

Reducing thrust from 100 to about 80 % makes no difference in engine sound. These changes should be more pronounced.

This is different from plane to plane. If you'd buy the Dimona in future you'd wonder even more. You don't hear anything until 50% throtteled. Maybe a bit less bass. But this is only real there. ;-)

Though I can't tell how it is on a real Falcon.

FSX is very stupid on light engines as well. This is a point we experienced with the Discus also. It was not made for such planes, and it is a wonder to have such a flighht model we have now. If you change one little issue, you'll create another far bigger one. -weird

Cheers Joachim

I wonder if someone could have a look at the aircraft.cfg file, please?

The [fltsim.x] entries at the top would be easier to modify if they were tidied up.

It's only a small point, though.

Still trying to find the click point for the spats but I'm sure that's just me being stupid.

I wonder if someone could have a look at the aircraft.cfg file, please?

The [fltsim.x] entries at the top would be easier to modify if they were tidied up.

It's only a small point, though.

Still trying to find the click point for the spats but I'm sure that's just me being stupid.

Try opening it with WordPad. Then select and copy ALL, paste it in a text file using notepad. That's how I got around it.

BTW. Great job on the Falcon. It is fantastic little plane and loads of fun. I have had no problems at all with it (just so you know). ;)

Mark

I havent gotten this awesome bird yet but i wanted to point out some things in the manual that are incorrect. I sent and email to support without a reply so i figured id post here. I own one in real life so im a good resource on this bird.

First off the engine is not a Rotax 227, it is a Rotax 277. With the proper tuning you can get 28 horsepower but originally did have 27. A comment was made about the engine sounds at different throttle. I assure you the small single and twin cylinder Rotax engines make very different sounds at all throttle positions.

Also the original Falcon did not have a gearbox on the engine. It was a belt drive.

The Falcon UL also was not available in a kit. The XP twin seater was a kit but as for the UL the dealer had to do final assembly before delivery. All the new owner had to do was put the wings on which takes only 20 minutes with 2 people. I have both the owners manual and the dealers manual to confirm this.

I cannot tell from the pictures if the gear retracts but the front gear does indeed retract. This was not meant to be retracted during flight but to be retracted when parked to kneel the aircraft so that it would not tip backwards.

Also mentioned in the manual is that the days of flying without any training or license are over. That is not true in the U.S.. I myself am a FAR103 pilot which requires nothing but the guts to get in the seat and a qualifying aircraft.

I would be happy to assist you with any information on this plane and or send you photos of mine if you would like to do a paint of it. I appreciate how you recreated some of the diffrent real life versions. From the factory these planes were just a solid color. You can contact me at simgameit@yahoo.com

Lastly Thank You Very Much for choosing this aircraft for a project. It is indeed one of the best ultralights ever.

I havent gotten this awesome bird yet but i wanted to point out some things in the manual that are incorrect. I sent and email to support without a reply so i figured id post here. I own one in real life so im a good resource on this bird.

First off the engine is not a Rotax 227, it is a Rotax 277. With the proper tuning you can get 28 horsepower but originally did have 27. A comment was made about the engine sounds at different throttle. I assure you the small single and twin cylinder Rotax engines make very different sounds at all throttle positions.

Also the original Falcon did not have a gearbox on the engine. It was a belt drive.

The Falcon UL also was not available in a kit. The XP twin seater was a kit but as for the UL the dealer had to do final assembly before delivery. All the new owner had to do was put the wings on which takes only 20 minutes with 2 people. I have both the owners manual and the dealers manual to confirm this.

I cannot tell from the pictures if the gear retracts but the front gear does indeed retract. This was not meant to be retracted during flight but to be retracted when parked to kneel the aircraft so that it would not tip backwards.

Also mentioned in the manual is that the days of flying without any training or license are over. That is not true in the U.S.. I myself am a FAR103 pilot which requires nothing but the guts to get in the seat and a qualifying aircraft.

I would be happy to assist you with any information on this plane and or send you photos of mine if you would like to do a paint of it. I appreciate how you recreated some of the diffrent real life versions. From the factory these planes were just a solid color. You can contact me at simgameit@yahoo.com

Lastly Thank You Very Much for choosing this aircraft for a project. It is indeed one of the best ultralights ever.

Hi Mike

Knowing you were a Falcon owner and flightsim enthusiast (info gleaned from the Falcon Flyers club) I actually emailed you when I first began this project to see if you would be able to help ...so I'm guessing you never got the message cos I never heard back !

Some of your points are indeed valid , the typo error.... the engine is indeed 277, and it was not kitbuilt (although the wording in the original promotional blurb states"...is available in kit form and can be quickly finished to perfection by your American Aircraft dealer. ") hence the confusion .

But I have never found two Falcons alike , all are heavily customised by the owners,(yours included)

Most rotax engines I came across now seem to be gearbox driven , and the fixed nose gear is an official modification supplied by Falcon East.

They were originally offered in four colour schemes with optional pinstriping ,but I think most are now sporting a custom paint job .

Never the less you feedback is appreciated ( Just wish we had contacted sooner ).

Best regards

Dave R

Hi Mike

Knowing you were a Falcon owner and flightsim enthusiast (info gleaned from the Falcon Flyers club) I actually emailed you when I first began this project to see if you would be able to help ...so I'm guessing you never got the message cos I never heard back !

Some of your points are indeed valid , the typo error.... the engine is indeed 277, and it was not kitbuilt (although the wording in the original promotional blurb states"...is available in kit form and can be quickly finished to perfection by your American Aircraft dealer. ") hence the confusion .

But I have never found two Falcons alike , all are heavily customised by the owners,(yours included)

Most rotax engines I came across now seem to be gearbox driven , and the fixed nose gear is an official modification supplied by Falcon East.

They were originally offered in four colour schemes with optional pinstriping ,but I think most are now sporting a custom paint job .

Never the less you feedback is appreciated ( Just wish we had contacted sooner ).

Best regards

Dave R

You have obviously done your homework! I apologize i did not get your email. My guess is it went to spam which i dont check like i should. I must say i feel honored to know that you made an attempt to contact me. All of your points are 100% valid. Yes my Falcon is modified very heavily including stits covered wings and wing tanks along with the rudder tips turned upwards just to name a few mods. I did all the decal work myself (not sure if youve seen the pictures). I was impressed that you modeled the optional heater.

My favorite paint is here: http://www.ultralightnews.com/antulbg/images/falcon/falconflag2.jpg

In case you havent seen what i have done on mine and would like to here is my album on fb: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=124761&id=698397604&l=821f76b58d

Note i even have a Garmin 295 :-)

Ok ill leave at that. I apologize to Shaun for the idle chit chat in his thread. Anyone feel free to contact me about anything to do with Falcons or ultralight aviation.

Again i apologize that i missed you email and i havent stopped kicking mysef for it. I am truley honored that you attempted. I anxiously awaiting to be able to order it myself!

Hello everybody, when I installed the update the front tire stop to move. I uninstalled all, and installed the previous version the v 1.00 and the front gear move again! So the version v 1.01 have this little problem, the front tire stoped to move.

Thank you and still to continue the good job :rolleyes:

A good evening for all

Hello everybody, when I installed the update the front tire stop to move. I uninstalled all, and installed the previous version the v 1.00 and the front gear move again! So the version v 1.01 have this little problem, the front tire stoped to move.

Thank you and still to continue the good job :rolleyes:

A good evening for all

Damn , damn, and double damn :groan_s: ................ sorry guys my fault. I moved the contact point sideways for diagnosis and forgot to put it back, and its been passed over in v1.01 . Don't know why it has stopped the front wheel animation ,but it has .

If you open the aircraft .cfg in notepad and scroll down to [Contact Points]....

point.0 should read...

point.0 =1, -1.83, 0.00, -2.08, 800, 0, 0.73, 20, 0.05, 1.5, 1.1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 // Gear Nose

Alternatively retain the old aircraft.cfg.

:blush: Dave R

Got an early Christmas present. I guess they couldnt stand seeing me squirm anymore.

Falcon is great! One question though. Is the incedence of the canard modded or is it supposed to be stock? If its supposed to be stock it needs a bit more angle.

At about 75 mph full down elevator should still result in the aircraft climbing. The plane is designed to not really exceed 63 mph but will go faster in a dive but at about 75 the nose will come up and you cant get it to go down until your speed is reduced. You could change the incedence in real life to a little less and get it to go faster but it also makes it a bit more unstable.

Also the panel on the one with the paint that kind of resembles flames. Bottom center of the panel it says land 80 kmh. Shouldnt that say VNE?

Great job though guys its awesome!!!!

P.S. I added an article on our site about the release. Copied and pasted your article. And linked to your website. I hope you dont mind.

Got an early Christmas present. I guess they couldnt stand seeing me squirm anymore.

Falcon is great! One question though. Is the incedence of the canard modded or is it supposed to be stock? If its supposed to be stock it needs a bit more angle.

At about 75 mph full down elevator should still result in the aircraft climbing. The plane is designed to not really exceed 63 mph but will go faster in a dive but at about 75 the nose will come up and you cant get it to go down until your speed is reduced. You could change the incedence in real life to a little less and get it to go faster but it also makes it a bit more unstable.

Also the panel on the one with the paint that kind of resembles flames. Bottom center of the panel it says land 80 kmh. Shouldnt that say VNE?

Great job though guys its awesome!!!!

P.S. I added an article on our site about the release. Copied and pasted your article. And linked to your website. I hope you dont mind.

The canard incidence should be right , the references say 6-11 degrees .

The yellow model has metric gauges ,so the landing speed sticker is in kilometers/hour so it equates to about 50 mph .

Cheers

Dave R