Flats

Chompski

As you may be aware from the supermarket post I suggested that we should have some flats so more people could become owners. The reason for this that I know that frames are really key there will not be much scope for things to be added- there are not that many plots left and interest is still high- I would rather see flats which increases the community involvement than a supermarket.

Two ideas to get us started

1- we would use the existing Andras office building - stick a door on it, some windows and most importantly a list of owners of flats

2-Make a new apartment block either on an existing plot or a new area

I am suggesting a time limit to this discussion (next Wednesday) I will extend if there is enough involvement in this post

You have my support

Edit: and here is my £2:00's worth on the matter:

I think it would work out really well, and quite profitable for aerosoft lol. If they want a model Im happy to make a model and have one I could demonstrate. What I have worked on is a block of 20 luxury apartments over 3 floors. The top floor has 4 penthouses each with its own helipad. We could sell each appartment for €10 and €20 for the penthouses (thats €240 euros :o for a block).

Ive even gone so far as to find a location on AF where we could have such a development with out interfearing with air traffic on the grass runway. I shall unviel my plans in this here thread when they are a little more advanced.

All those in favour you know what to say!!

Its about time this board pulls together and actually does something as a collective

OK part one.

Where to put a block of flats, as we dont really want them on aproach paths, unless we want to become the next Kai Tak. Theres ample parking on the ramp out the front for 20 aircraft. Someone also mentioned we need a golf course, I forget who it was but I included it, so credit goes to whom ever mentioned it to me. The red blob being the apartment block. Ignore the heliports, this was a very eartly conception picture.

Untitled-1.jpg

And part two :)

We have to have something to sell to the punters....

The 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment

apartment.jpg

The king of all 3 bedroom penthouse with a livingroom big enough for a C152, although this isnt recommended

penthouse.jpg

So what do they look like in the third dimension?

Rear elevation, big communual pool

preview01.jpg

Front elevation, a thick glass wall, not only insulates against sound of aircraft but also helps with heating the build, eco friendly too

preview02.jpg

the way I see the helipads is as a way of justifying the increased price to a penthouse. Plus also theres been several people wanting more helipads, well now they could have the chance of owning their own helipad, win win :lol:

Thanks Matt for all you hard work and thanks Sebastiaan for answering

I like the pictures- what is the polygon count? I know for the Fireboss hanger they had to remove the number of polygons that were being taken up by the hanger. Textures are also an issue but hopefully Andras could use some of the textures that are there already thus reducing the impact.

As for the helipads I am going to rule myself out on commenting - as I often use the ones that are there already.

Again thanks Matt for your hard work to the rest of the board remember this is a place where you can add in your input- I know Matt will not be offended if we want something different.