problem with add-on airports

risto85

Hi again! :D

I recently posted a topic explaining my problem with FsPassengers and my add-on airport Madrid Barajas. FsPassengers doesnt permit commercial planes to taxi through rough ground or grass, so the taxi ways of barajas arent detected by FsP. So i damage the plane´s tyres!!!!

Someone told me to contact FsP techs and I did so, but they told me that there is nothing to do with FsP to fix that, and that I could download a patch to fix that.

Do you know what do I have to do??

Thanks in advance.

Hi risto85, as I user of both addons, I'd recommend the following:

- Locate the more_option.cfg file in your FSPassengersX folder, typically in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FsPassengers\Config".

- Edit it with notepad (right-click, open with and choose notepad)

Go to the FSP Force realism part and fiddle with it until you get it right. Don't worry about the lost realism, just make sure you do saty in tha taxiways and do it all by the book!

Good luck, pleasante flights, and be sure not to fall for the stewardess' talks.... ;-)

Hi gmoreira,

your info has been of great use although I dont know whis aspect of the file you told me I have to change.

I copied this:

DisableForceCrashDetection =0; // disable the "force crash detection" feature of FsP

DisableForceCollideDetection =0; // disable the "force collide detection" feature of FsP

DisableForceStressCauseDamage =0; // disable the "force stress cause damage" feature of FsP

DisableForceGeffect =0; // disable the "force G effect" feature of FsP

// Other options ("=0" disable "=1" enable)

AvionicBusAlwaysPowered =0; // force avionic power to ON for aircraft that may cause problem

EnableTimeModificationInFlight =0; // enable access to Fsx time dialog when in flight

DetectSpeedRollOff =35; // Speed at wich FsP start to detect if you roll off landing strip

The only one I can think of is the last one but that doesnt have to do anything with my problem!

Can you please help me? I dont want to fix my tyres every time I go through Barajas... LOL

Since I dont get any answer from gmoreira I hope that the forum admin can help me again!

I have 2 simple questions:

1) In my last post I did what gmoreira told me and i posted the thing from FsP. Do you know what can I change so that the ground doesnt affect my wheels?

2) I also did as you told me and I downloaded an AFCAD file for my aerosoft barajas and it comes with a bgl. file that I dont know how to use or in what folder I have to put it.

In any case, my Barajas airport is in FSX / aerosoft / barajas.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. :P

Risto.

Risto85,

I'm back.

I suggest changing this:

DisableForceCrashDetection =0; // disable the "force crash detection" feature of FsP

DisableForceCollideDetection =0; // disable the "force collide detection" feature of FsP

DisableForceStressCauseDamage =0; // disable the "force stress cause damage" feature of FsP

to this:

DisableForceCrashDetection =1; // disable the "force crash detection" feature of FsP

DisableForceCollideDetection =1; // disable the "force collide detection" feature of FsP

Then on your FS realism settings deselect the detect crash setting.

I know its not the perfect solution, but it worked the best for me.

As for realism, as a good pilot you'll keep it safe, otherwise if you crash you probably won't be here to tell the story...

Have safe flights!

Dear Shaun Fletcher:

I did as you told me and I downloaded that AFCAD file for Barajas, it comes with a bgl. file but I dont know where to install it! may you help me?

Just tell me where I have to add that AFCAD file, so I can use this cool add-on!

thanks in advance.

Risto.

Thanks Mario!

Should that folder (scenery) have more files apart from the bgl. file? Because my scenery folder is empty! I just wanna check to know if that is the place you are telling me.

And also, how can I notice the change in the add-on to see if it´s working or not?

Thanks for the help.

Risto

Thanks Mario!

Should that folder (scenery) have more files apart from the bgl. file? Because my scenery folder is empty! I just wanna check to know if that is the place you are telling me.

And also, how can I notice the change in the add-on to see if it´s working or not?

Thanks for the help.

Risto

That's okay. The folder is empty by default. You can put all the bgl files you need in this folder as long as it is activated in the scenery library inside fsx, which should be the case.

What it does, depends on the file. I don't know how it will affect the add-on airport. On the default airports it can add parking gates, taxiways or even runways for example.

Is that bgl you have especially made for the Barajas Add-On or the default Barajas FSX-Airport?

Sure Shaun could tell better, how to do this properly, but give it a try. If it doesn't work, you can just delete the bgl again.

Another thing you could do is download Airport Design Editor. It's a free tool to edit the airport files yourself. Then you could replace the surface of the taxiways that give you the problems with another one.

Hope I could help a bit.

Mario

Thanks Mario, I did as you told me but I open my scenery library in fsx and no new bgl or file has been added, so I dont know if I´ve changed something.

This bgl. file is for the aerosoft barajas, because it had some minor errors such as the taxi ways.

I will try the airport design editor.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks Mario, I did as you told me but I open my scenery library in fsx and no new bgl or file has been added, so I dont know if I´ve changed something.

This bgl. file is for the aerosoft barajas, because it had some minor errors such as the taxi ways.

I will try the airport design editor.

Thanks a lot.

I did a little research and it seems like the bgl has to go somewhere else. First of all delete it from the addon scenery folder, if it's still there.

Go to (FSX-Main-Folder)/Aerosoft/Madrid/Scenery, make a backup of the old AF2_LEMD-Norte.bgl and replace it with your file.

That should do it. :)

Mario... I forgot to ask you if the airport design editor can work for add-on airports! SO if I can edit my aerosoft barajas or not??

Should be no problem. It lets you edit the bgl files, which define the 'airport layout'. Sorry, but I can't go into detail, as I haven't seriously worked with it yet, neither have I Add-On Airports installed. :(

What I can say is, you have to have the FSX SDK and all of it's updates installed in order to use ADE.

Did you try, if your problem still occurs with the exchanged bgl?

One more thing mario! Barajas has 4 runways:

18L-36R

18R-36L

15L-33R

15R-33L

After I´ve installed the add-on, the ATC only gives me permission to depart from 33L or 33R, when normally the 36 left and right are used.

Do you know any way to change or edit something so I can depart from the 36.

Normally what I do is start the flight in the 33, get the ATC clearance and then taxi to the 36.

But this is getting annoying, plz can u help me???

Thanks a lot Mario

what a help!:mad:

I spend a lot of money in aerosoft and you tell me to looks it up ain an editor!

What kind of help is that??

I dont think that in an editor they will tell me how to change the use of the runways or maybe I wont understand it, so I just want someone to tell me how can I do that cause if I buy an aerosoft product I am entitled to get support of any kind relating that product.

Hello Risto85,

Sorry maybe the program your using that is causing the problem not the scenery the scenery isn,t stopping you from using it but the other utility your using doesn't like the way it has been made.

You also want people to walk you through what is already written in an AFCAD Editor, Example would be you buy a Television from Sony do you ask them to show you everything thats written in the instructions on how to use it or do you read the instruction book.

In this life sometimes you learn to help yourself. So if you need to change surfaces get an AFCAD Editor read up on how to change surfaces and then you have the knowledge to the edit them.