Retro Gibraltar

mackayw

I really enjoy the superb Gibraltar, but for me, there are a couple of improvements that would have made it even better (as well as more flexible). The two improvements concern the brand new passenger terminal and the modern cruise ship. Both of these items firmly date the scenery in the present day. I would very much like to fly older period aircraft from Gibraltar, and if those two items had been modeled as seperate .bgl files, I could have simply removed them and replaced them with a terminal and Royal Navy ship more appropriate to an earlier era. Would that give me a perfect Retro Gibraltar? Perhaps not - but it would be one that was VERY acceptable.

Please consider this modification. It would require very little work by Aerosoft, and would result ia a much more adaptable scenery.

Best regards, Bill

• Developer

Please define, what you are willing to pay for such a modification? You request a additational Addon here, which cost a lot of time to make it available, maybe only for you. So, where is the price you pay (prepaid of couse),so that the developer can think about the invest for your request?

Oliver,

I am willing to pay as much as Aerosoft feels is necessary for the modifications. If they would like to release a new dedicated "Reto" version for an earlier era, I'll pay the same price again that the existing modern Gibraltar cost. Bill

Addendum to my previous answer: All I am asking for is that the current scenery .bgl that contains the cruise ship (and the passenger terminal) be modified to not include these items. Then include these items as unique seperate .bgl's. That way anyone desiring an earlier era version can remove those unique .bgl's and replace them with any other terminal or ship of their own choice. The developer does not have to make a new terminal or cruise ship - just provide the capability to have the existing one removable. That can not be that much work. I will still pay (again) as much as the original purchase price. I think that you would be surprised how many customers might prefer to fly from an older Gibraltar. Best regards, Bill

I'd also like to see the cruise ships and tankers as AI traffic rather than static objects. That way 1) they won't seem so false because they'll always in the same place, day or night, year round; and 2) they can be edited by users to make schedules of their own choice, including replacing the ships with those of their choice, retro or otherwise.

Perhaps such a modification from static to AI ships could be included in the next Gibraltar X update??

Many thanks indeed

Andy