Online flying w/ common aircraft

Rusty flyer

Hi folks,

I was wondering if I might ask a silly question or two regarding setting myself up to fly online with you. I have read the materials at VAE's website, but was still confused as to how the 'common airplane' principle works: I understand that I must also download and install the VAE SquakWin supplementary airplane pack, but how will this allow me to fly "my" Seneca, specifically- the Seneca with my own personal & awesome AAC livery that Matt created for me? If I understand correctly, the airplane pack serves essentially as a reservoir of common airplanes from which all online participants must select the model of their choosing to fly such that they, and their representative airplane, can be represented & similarly seen by all VAE online participants. (Or, is this not how it works?) However, if this is the case, how will I be able to choose my "own" Seneca with its Andras Aviation Club livery from my normal array of FSX aircraft? And if I select my own AAC Seneca, not an airplane from the common airplane pack, how will others be able to see it depicted as I see it depicted?

Sorry for the silly questions; but I very much look forward to flying online with you all very soon!

Rusty anyone whos sensible enough to own the Seneca will see you. I will also see you in your livery as its still in my fsx setup :lol: For those that dont have the repaint installed you will show up as the white Seneca. Those with out the Seneca will propbly see you as a really fast 172 :blink:

Using the default fsx aircraft will show on other users as that aircraft., eg if I use the default baron everyone will see me flying that. If I fly it with my own personal livery on it people will see me as a white baron (how cool would that have been if there was an all red Beech Baron in fsx lol). Im in the process of building up a list like where the seneca display as a 172 to pass on the VAE to at least see if they cant change the server so it at least appears as a twin of some sort. As with everything though its a case of time. Im still perfecting the 30 hour day as I type, so hopefully once perfected these things will get done a lot quicker. As a side note Im looking for beta testers for the 30 hour day lol.

Hey there Matt, OK, great, thanks very much.

Food for thought: Inasmuch as Andras is a growing community, might it make sense for the VAE pack to include, at the very least, models of all of the aircraft for which you have designed liveries, and also to include the actual liveries of, again at the very least, the members of the AAC? I don't know if that makes a lot of sense, but if I understand the process correctly, this would seem to allow everyone to see the accurate representation of an aircraft as it is actually depicted to the pilot themself. I suspect that VAE's pack already includes most of the models for which you have so wonderfully designed liveries, thus would it not then be a case of merely having them include your liveries for the dozens or so of AAC participants?

Cheers,

Rusty

Rusty anyone whos sensible enough to own the Seneca will see you. I will also see you in your livery as its still in my fsx setup :lol: For those that dont have the repaint installed you will show up as the white Seneca. Those with out the Seneca will propbly see you as a really fast 172 :blink:

Using the default fsx aircraft will show on other users as that aircraft., eg if I use the default baron everyone will see me flying that. If I fly it with my own personal livery on it people will see me as a white baron (how cool would that have been if there was an all red Beech Baron in fsx lol). Im in the process of building up a list like where the seneca display as a 172 to pass on the VAE to at least see if they cant change the server so it at least appears as a twin of some sort. As with everything though its a case of time. Im still perfecting the 30 hour day as I type, so hopefully once perfected these things will get done a lot quicker. As a side note Im looking for beta testers for the 30 hour day lol.

• Upvote 1

Hi Rusty,

You pose very good questions there, for which I will have to ask Ray or one of the other guys from VAE if that can be achieved. Hopefully if they read this they might be able to answer :)

Hello Matt

Hope I'm not starting a new thread here - but I have pm'd Ray to expedite my VAE registration. It sounds as if I will need guidance to set up for on line flying at Anras. I presently use TS 2 ans Vatsim Squalkbox.

Best regards, Bruce

Hi Rusty, after having a brief chat with Ray, there is unfortunately one way that this can be done, which isnt really ideal, but then we dont live in an ideal world yet! Im now trying to formulate an action plan for it. Nottoo sure about the 30 hour day now, I think I need to upgrade to 40.5 hour days :blink: