An Idea

Guest Eddie G.

Guest Eddie G.

how about someone writing a sector file for use with Virtual Radar Client, then when you approach VATSIM to include your airport, (hopefully they will) you have something to offer them up front, in way of being prepared and seeming credible? You should also have working approaches/departures too.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I guess to renew an old subject....

What are the chances of being in VATSIM??

I don't intend to degrade or dish VAE in the least!!! My particular issue is that I fly regularly with a Virtual Airline on VATSIM, and have been for more than 6 years. Unfortunately, FSX does not allow more than one "pilot client" interface to be enabled, and VAE uses Squawk Win.... a totally different

interface. Now, I can repair, re-store, or even entirely rebuild ANY GA and most corporate aircraft.... but, program savvy I am not.... and I have NO idea how to disable one pilot client short of removing it entirely, and using a different one. And to be honest if I DID know how,

I'm not entirely certain at this point I would want to do so.

Admittedly, I am not that familiar with VAE.... so I would LOVE to hear the pro's and con's from folks about VAE!!! Personally, I very much enjoy flying on VATSIM... again, I would love to hear the pro's and con's of VAE and VAE vs VATSIM... and no bashing one or the other please!! ;)

Hi there,

Take a peek at the following thread:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=36058

I think that will address your interest in flying online at Andras. Hopefully we will see you online soon!

Blue skies,

Rusty

I guess to renew an old subject....

What are the chances of being in VATSIM??

I don't intend to degrade or dish VAE in the least!!! My particular issue is that I fly regularly with a Virtual Airline on VATSIM, and have been for more than 6 years. Unfortunately, FSX does not allow more than one "pilot client" interface to be enabled, and VAE uses Squawk Win.... a totally different

interface. Now, I can repair, re-store, or even entirely rebuild ANY GA and most corporate aircraft.... but, program savvy I am not.... and I have NO idea how to disable one pilot client short of removing it entirely, and using a different one. And to be honest if I DID know how,

I'm not entirely certain at this point I would want to do so.

Admittedly, I am not that familiar with VAE.... so I would LOVE to hear the pro's and con's from folks about VAE!!! Personally, I very much enjoy flying on VATSIM... again, I would love to hear the pro's and con's of VAE and VAE vs VATSIM... and no bashing one or the other please!! ;)

Bruce :angry:

Of course everyone can use the online provider they choose. That has been said enough times. But what we ask here is that we promote OUR choice of online provider, and that is VAE. Now if people, including you, flew on VAE instead of other places, then it wouldnt be so empty , would it? :angry:

I am sick and tired of you Bruce. Once again you provide only negative crap. I am warning you buddy. If you dont start behaving in an orderly manner, I am going to ask the big guys to have you expelled from this mostly nice online community.

You have been here long enough to know the rules Bruce, and still you do nothing but provide negative comments on everything, Nothing else! If you dont like our ways the why are you still here?

You got a free house from Andras, but in return you promised to stop this negative behavior, and if you dont start living up to your part of the bargain, I will take every necessary action to put a stop to you. :excl: :excl: :excl:

Hi there,

Take a peek at the following thread:

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=36058

I think that will address your interest in flying online at Andras. Hopefully we will see you online soon!

Blue skies,

Rusty

Thanks for the link Rusty... I hadn't seen that thread before!!!

It was truly an informative thread, and I understand the reason for going with VAE. And I must say I have to agree that for those of us that typically fly the "Heavies" on VATSIM, flying from Andras Field on VAE could very well be like taking a vacation!!! :)

I guess my only objection to flying on VAE is having to use Squawkwin, and having to disable other interfaces and have to deal with opening or closing ports... which I have NO clue how to do!!! And, I would like very much to interact with folks flying

from VAE... but Squawkwin is the wall I'm not sure I want to deal with. :huh:

It would be nice to fly into AF on VATSIM.... but as it was mentioned before, AF is a "fictional field", and the VATSIM controllers would have a clue as to where it is. UNLESS we can get AF "recognized" by the folks at VATSIM, but, of course I don't know if that is possible or not.

Hi Murf,

Squawkwin is fairly easy to install and set up, good tutorials for them. Ports are a different matter as I have all three open In and Out but 99.9% of the time they don't open but it still let's you log onto the Server. As to disabling other software, I tend to use FSInn for Vatsim and if you use it then once you start FS then on your task bar is the set of traffic lights, right click it and close it. Then start Squawkwin and away you go. If you use SB3 or 4 there should be a way to close those before you start Squawkwin.

HTH....

I am sick and tired of you Bruce. Once again you provide only negative crap. I am warning you buddy. If you dont start behaving in an orderly manner, I am going to ask the big guys to have you expelled from this mostly nice online community.

You have been here long enough to know the rules Bruce, and still you do nothing but provide negative comments on everything, Nothing else! If you dont like our ways the why are you still here?

You got a free house from Andras, but in return you promised to stop this negative behavior, and if you dont start living up to your part of the bargain, I will take every necessary action to put a stop to you. :excl: :excl: :excl:

And just what was so negative about my comment, Mister Andressen? All I said was there was nothing stopping him from flying on VATSIM if he wanted to, just like there is nothing stopping me from flying on IVAO if I want to. I don't feel the need to promote VAE just because the board decided (without taking a public vote from the users, I might add) that they would be used for online flight, when most users (including myself) were already members of VATSIM. As for my house that you seem to want so badly after giving yours away... TAKE IT! I fly in and out of Andras Field in offline mode 99.9% of the time anyway. As of right now, I officially resign from the Andras Aviation Club, the banner will be removed from my signature at all forums where I was promoting the club, and I will no longer post on the Adras Field Forums, but I will continue to keep Andras Field on my hard drive, as I paid for it.

YOU HAPPY NOW?

...As of right now, I officially resign from the Andras Aviation Club, the banner will be removed from my signature at all forums where I was promoting the club, and I will no longer post on the Adras Field Forums, but I will continue to keep Andras Field on my hard drive, as I paid for it....

Aww, c'mon Bruce; don't check out now! And besides, you are for sure the Andras Aviation Club's original, and one-and-only CrackerBarrel connection hehehe :) . Seriously though, it's the holidays; so let's jump back in here as Artwick Avenue will be vastly different without you!

Hoping that you will reconsider, best regards,

Rusty

Hi Murf,

Squawkwin is fairly easy to install and set up, good tutorials for them. Ports are a different matter as I have all three open In and Out but 99.9% of the time they don't open but it still let's you log onto the Server. As to disabling other software, I tend to use FSInn for Vatsim and if you use it then once you start FS then on your task bar is the set of traffic lights, right click it and close it. Then start Squawkwin and away you go. If you use SB3 or 4 there should be a way to close those before you start Squawkwin.

HTH....

Hey James....

I USED to use FSinn years ago, but it was so confusing to me to get set up correctly (even the tutorial) that I went back to SB. However, I don't use the in game activation for SB from the menu bar, I open it up from the desktop, so I can "dock it" on a secondary monitor. So, I am supposing that I can still keep SB loaded, but not running in order to use Squawkwin... :huh: As I said before, I am NOT program savvy!! :blink: IF that is the case, I may load up Squakwin... but then the stumbling block would be opening ports.... THAT is entirely beyond my knowledge!!!:unsure:

If you need to and have Teamspeak2 installed and set up then I can always do a walk through with you in opening the posts. Yes, leave SB alone and just fire up SquawkWin.

Thanks for the link Rusty... I hadn't seen that thread before!!!...

You bet, you're welcome! :)

Hi Murf,

Squawkwin is fairly easy to install and set up, good tutorials for them. Ports are a different matter as I have all three open In and Out but 99.9% of the time they don't open but it still let's you log onto the Server...

Hey there James,

When I first installed SquakWin, even though I had opened those ports in my firewall(s) (Windows and my McAfee), I too continued to receive indication from SW that my 55009 port was still closed, but that I would still be provided access to the server. No matter what I tried with those firewalls, the SW just didn't seem to recognize that the ports were now open. I really didn't know what was going on, nor what to try next. Thennnn...I had a vision while laying in bed one evening lol :lol: . I wondered if I also needed to open the ports within my router's built in firewall settings. Ahah..struck gold! That had indeed been the problem. Once I also opened the ports in the router (as well as in my software firewalls- Windows/McAfee), SW recognized all ports as now being open and available...problem solved!

Hopefully this will help both for this situation, and for any future such matters with others :) .

Blue skies,

Rusty

If you need to and have Teamspeak2 installed and set up then I can always do a walk through with you in opening the posts. Yes, leave SB alone and just fire up SquawkWin.

Sounds good James.... Thanks... except I have TeamSpeak 3... BUT.... if that is ok, I can be on about 1830 mountain time tonight!!! If that works for you let me know... otherwise, next Saturday would be my next chance. ;)

And just what was so negative about my comment, Mister Andressen? All I said was there was nothing stopping him from flying on VATSIM if he wanted to, just like there is nothing stopping me from flying on IVAO if I want to. I don't feel the need to promote VAE just because the board decided (without taking a public vote from the users, I might add) that they would be used for online flight, when most users (including myself) were already members of VATSIM. As for my house that you seem to want so badly after giving yours away... TAKE IT! I fly in and out of Andras Field in offline mode 99.9% of the time anyway. As of right now, I officially resign from the Andras Aviation Club, the banner will be removed from my signature at all forums where I was promoting the club, and I will no longer post on the Adras Field Forums, but I will continue to keep Andras Field on my hard drive, as I paid for it.

YOU HAPPY NOW?

The problem with your post Bruce, is that you keep on breaking the rules that you very well know. We use VAE and we have asked time and again to keep the focus on that. You can fly where you want, using what you want, but in this forum you keep the focus on VAE. Your post that I now quote just tells me that you wont accept that - once again. and thats only part of it - as I have posted to you about before Bruce.

No we didnt ask the community their opinion on the online provider, in a poll, but we has public discussions about it, and in the end, the board was elected to make that kind of decisions - and we did. If you wanted to being part of the decisions - you should have asked to be elected. You didnt, so obey the decisions made by the board please.

As for your house. I dont want it. I simply keep telling you that you got it free for a reason, and that reason was that you behave - so do!

And as for if you want to stay or go - thats your decision. I dont mind you here, if you act in an orderly fashion Bruce.

Sounds good James.... Thanks... except I have TeamSpeak 3... BUT.... if that is ok, I can be on about 1830 mountain time tonight!!! If that works for you let me know... otherwise, next Saturday would be my next chance. ;)

At present my user name/password is refusing to play in SquawkWin and i'm awaiting a reply from those in the know. I'm on GMT so let me know what time Saturday and we can hook up. I have TS3 installed also so will meet you on that. At present i believe that the TS server in use is TS2 therefore, TS3 as it's not backword compatable wouldn't be of use to you.

At present my user name/password is refusing to play in SquawkWin and i'm awaiting a reply from those in the know. I'm on GMT so let me know what time Saturday and we can hook up. I have TS3 installed also so will meet you on that. At present i believe that the TS server in use is TS2 therefore, TS3 as it's not backword compatable wouldn't be of use to you.

No worries... I'll install TS2... I am 7 hours behind GMT... sooooo, name a time and I'll be there. :D Afternoons are usually better for me because I work a late shift, and am a sleep most of the morning. And Friday I won't get off until 7am GMT... :o;)

I was just reading on VAE about opening the ports... it says "First thing first is to open 3 TCP ports number 55008, 55009 in all your firewalls, routers, NATs, Windows firewall and so on" ... that is only 2 ports.... what's the third one??:confused2_s:

The 3rd Port is 55010 but you don't really need it. I'f it's ok lets say we meet up on TS2 in VEA's Welcome Lobby at 13:00 your time Saturday.

Sounds good!!! I MAY actually have it figured out tonight.... a friend of mine from work that works in IT just dropped by.... he showed me how to do the Window's firewall... but we are having trouble with the D-Link VWR router from Vonage...

No problem, only have mine set up within Windows Firewall as my router will not play either (Belkin). As VAE don't have a listing as a game then it can't load the Ports and the FS versions listed use different ports. I get a hit and miss as to whether the ports are open but the server lets you on anyway.

No problem, only have mine set up within Windows Firewall as my router will not play either (Belkin). As VAE don't have a listing as a game then it can't load the Ports and the FS versions listed use different ports. I get a hit and miss as to whether the ports are open but the server lets you on anyway.

This is weird... he is in the router, but every time he hits "new" to get to the page to froward the ports it just goes to a blank page... :dumb_me_s:

Murf, let me help you in two points:

1) Since september, I'm using SqwakWin whitout any problem. But every time I connect to the server, I receive a message telling me that my 5509 port is closed.

I spent days trying to open it in both, the PC and the router apparently with succes. But I have always the same message.

The best part is that, even with the port closed, I can connect to the server.

2) I've been flying in SATCO/VATSIM since 1997(Oh my God,13 years). First with SB and then with FSInn.

They are both installed in my FSX and never have to disconnect or deactivate any of them.

So, in my opinion, you d'ont have to act in any of this programs to get a good connection to the VAE server.

Hope this will help you

Hey James.... I think I got it figured out.... except why the page goes blank when trying to configure my router, so i need to call Vonage on that one!!

I THINK I got TS2 going and in the correct setup.... at least I got into the Andras area... there were a couple of folks in the "Relaxation Lounge", but Robert was "away", and the other wouldn't respond, so I don't know if my comms work properly yet or not.

I was also able to connect Squawkwin...... though it eventually told me that my "port 55009 was closed"... so MAYBE I am set up now... won't know until the weekend.... :hi_s:

I didn't unistall SB either, and it seemed to work....... :dancing_s:

Hi Murf,

Yep, I get the same port not open msg, just ignore it as I do. As to TS2 or 3 have you set up your sound device correctlly within them? As I use both a sound card for the aircraft sounds etcetera over speakers and a USB headset for Comms you can't have them both set the same. Can't recall the correct settings but for the sake of arguments one is analog the other digital and basically the same as the doc files in setting up FSInn.

Hi Murf,

Yep, I get the same port not open msg, just ignore it as I do. As to TS2 or 3 have you set up your sound device correctlly within them? As I use both a sound card for the aircraft sounds etcetera over speakers and a USB headset for Comms you can't have them both set the same. Can't recall the correct settings but for the sake of arguments one is analog the other digital and basically the same as the doc files in setting up FSInn.

i just have the motherboard sound input and output... honestly, I can't tell the difference between that and the soundblaster card I did have in the system. My headset mic is the standard plug in... not USB...