Airbus X Autothrottle

Emi

Hello,

one question which is interesting me the whole time since i've got the Airbus X: Befor i've been flying the Airbus X i've been flying the Wilco Airbus. No question, the Aerosoft is much better in my opinion, but what i'm wondering about is:

If i pull the trustlevers out of the CL position, shouldn't the A/THR deactivate? At least in the Wilco it does! But how is that in the real Airbus? I think it should deactivate, but in the Aerosoft Airbus X it doesn't. Can this be fixed if it's real that the A/THR deactivates?

But only in reallity, right?

In my Airbus X they don't make the A/THR disengage, so please Aerosoft correct this, all right?

But only in reallity, right?

In my Airbus X they don't make the A/THR disengage, so please Aerosoft correct this, all right?

In Airbus X, if you pull the throttles to idle, A/THR is disengaged. That's why it calls "Retard" at 20ft, if it didn't disengage you would never land, would you?

well it actually NEVER DISENGAGES don't caring in which flightphase i am or where the trottles are. I always have to disengage it manually using the switch under the AP.

In Airbus X, if you pull the throttles to idle, A/THR is disengaged. That's why it calls "Retard" at 20ft, if it didn't disengage you would never land, would you?

Of course I would land, but I would never get to stop :D.

Henry

• 1 month later...

well it actually NEVER DISENGAGES don't caring in which flightphase i am or where the trottles are. I always have to disengage it manually using the switch under the AP.

Hi,

if you pull the thrust levers to idle position the autothrust will disangage

But how is that in the real Airbus?

In the real one it is disconnected either via setting the thrustlevers to idle or using one of the quick disconnect buttons. I personally prefer it to retard them because you have a better feeling of how much thrust is necessary, but everyone has a different taste.

• Upvote 1

In the real one it is disconnected either via setting the thrustlevers to idle or using one of the quick disconnect buttons. I personally prefer it to retard them because you have a better feeling of how much thrust is necessary, but everyone has a different taste.

Airbus X Auto Thrust have one major flaw compared to the real Airbus.

When A/THR is active on the real Airbus, thrust is limited to Thrust Lever position.

In other words, the pilot is able to limit A/THR by adjusting thrust levers, from CL to IDLE detent range.

This could be usefull during descent, Airbus X A/THR is way to high, idle is never reached......

In the autothrust mode (A/THR function active), the FMGC computes the thrust, which is limited to the value corresponding to the thrust lever position (unless the alpha-floor mode is activated).